Organoil Decking and Exterior Oils

Organoil Decking and Exterior Oils

See the Best Paints & Varnishes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Organoil

3.8
  • Coverage
  • Finish Quality
  • Longevity
  • Ease of Application
Bree
BreeSydney, NSW

Beautiful result - brings out the character in the wood

I recently used Organoil to revamp my deck and absolutely loved it. The oil soaked in and brought out all the beautiful characters in the wood. I would suggest cleaning the deck first as I did a spot test on an uncleaned area to see if I could get away with not cleaning but the result on cleaned timber is worth the effort. I also found their youtube video very helpful

Sunnyinqld
SunnyinqldCaloundra

The BEST natural oil on the Aussie market

Purchased in January 2018.

Heather
HeatherMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beautiful oil! A pleasure to work with!

Purchased in January 2021 at Mitre 10 for $199.00.

Gregory
GregorySydney, NSW

Problem with mould on my new teak table after using the furniture oil

Paints & Varnishes

Find out how Organoil Decking and Exterior Oils compares to other Paints & Varnishes

Kate Wisdom
Kate WisdomIllawarra, NSW

Turned my cedar louvres milky with a distressed finish

I have been using Feast Watson on my cedar louvres for the past 2 years but decided to try something kinder. I purchased Organ Oil exterior furniture oil after researching products. After cleaning the blinds we applied the product, It went on nicely but a day later my blinds went all patchy and milky. I contacted the manufacturers who advised me to try mineral turpentine and or scouring with scourer pad to remove the damage. We tried both methods with no success. I informed the manufacturers that this did not improve the problem as they are bubbled and damaged beyond repair. We also tried the oil on raw untreated louvres with the same outcome. The manufacturers are now uncontactable

Purchased in July 2020 for $88.00.

Crikey
Crikeynangiloc

Organoil, brilliant!

Date PurchasedJan 2002

Never had better. Beautiful to use.

Have used Organoil for 15 years and at times other brands when I couldn't find any on the shelves of stockists. I don't mind the Feast Watson product when I'm in pinch and can't find Organoil but absolutely love Organoils natural smell and the ease of application.

I use it on absolutely every timer item I treat from burnishing my Jarrah dinning room table to old timer trinckets in my Qld garden.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Andrew W.
Andrew W.Heyfield, Vic

Always worked great for me

Date PurchasedJan 2002
James S
James SSydney

Incredible Finish - Highlights the timber tones perfectly

Date PurchasedDec 2016

OrganOil Destroyed by $20K Blackbutt deck - don not use these garbage

Hi, just had a great new hardwood deck laid. Builder recommended Organoil. I followed instruction carefully. Deck turned black, stained and spotted. Very upsetting as will need to paint it grey to hide stains. I have tried to fix it buit it cannot be saved. Looks like someone threw dirty engine oil oj itDo not use this stuff on a hardwood deck as it will wreck it

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Pete G
Pete GMelbourne

Quality product

Minimal preparation when re-oiling my Merbau deck, just a simple scrub with a broom using the 'wash off' and two coats later looks like brand new. Lasts well, I re-oil at the start of every summer.

Chris
ChrisNSW, 2114

Terrible product. Avoid. Using no product at all is better than this.

eric weir
eric weirasked

What do you use to clean up your brushes and roller with would you use turpentine to clean up , thanks

Alan
Alanasked

I have a 5 year old jarrah deck which has never been treated. It is now weathered & dry . I have cleaned the deck & it’s ready for organoil. But should I use “clear Organoil “ or “jarrah tinted organoil”
Would appreciate advice
Regards Graham

Margareta N.
Margareta N.asked

Greetings,
We had a jarrah deck and merbau boardwalk added to our back yard in February this year. The installers used wood guard and then 2 coats of organoil. As summer is approaching I want to reapply another (2?) coats.
My questions are:
How do you clean the wood before applying the oil? Just water, water and a soap?, using a soft brush?
Do you apply one coat or two. How long do you have to wait before you can use the deck?
Thank you for any advice.
BTW I love the product.
Margareta

See all Organoil Decking and Exterior Oils questions

Get an answer from our members and Organoil representatives

CategoryPaints & Varnishes