Oricom DTX4200

Listing monitored by Oricom

6 questions from our users

Reece J.
Reece J.asked

Hi, I'm yet to purchase as I've seen a couple of complaints about it not being loud enough and not being able to hear anything. I don't exactly have a quiet car and would like to know if this is an issue and or if its been resolved, thanks.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Reece, thanks for the message. We have just released the brand the new DTX4200X which has been built louder and larger. I have added the link the page for you to check out. To discuss these upgrades further, please feel free to contact our customer service team 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST as they will be happy to assist. All the best, Oricom. https://oricomdtx.com/

Paul cross
Paul crossasked

Hi my DTX-4200 has no power to the hand set it has power to the unit but no power to the hand control. When I first installed it it worked for about 2 days then stopped working all fuses are OK and power to the unit. This is my second one now the first had the same problem. I have replaced the whole lot including the antenna ANU 110 under warranty is there something I'm doing wrong or is there just a bad batch out there please help I'm running out of patience with this unit

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, we would like to discuss this with you and uncover what the issue is. Please contact our locally based team on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Matt H.
Matt H.

I have had the same issue, I had a professional mount this unit in my dash which was very difficult to get to, it looked great and clean. It stopped working about 2 months after the install and I honestly thought it had just been a blown a fuse. I have finally got around to pulling almost all my dash out (installer was going to charge to find the issue, adamant that it was not his work and he was right) to access and track down the problem. I tested the fuse on a meter it is fine, there was 12v on the back of the unit but trying to get it to turn on with the power button on the remote mic it just appears dead. I have since removed the unit, hooked it up to my lab power supplier, and I cant get this thing to power on at all. I have now left it too long to sort this out under warranty so after looking on the web, and discovered this is a common issue with these units, I decided to open it up myself to see if I could see if there was anything that stood out. Apart from quite a few suspect solder joins there wasn't anything that stood out to have popped. I did see there was a capacitor retro fitted to VC IN on an FAC2596 (DC DC buck convertor) which indicates that there was an issue with the original design of these units and they tried to fix it with a patch. I don't have time to further dig into this and find information on servicing these units is impossible. So, instead of wasting any more time on this and given what I have discovered and how poor the quality is internally, I have decided stop wasting time, exercise my consumer right and never to buy Oricom junk again. I hope this helps others who have the same problems with this unit. Don't wait, send it back and get a refund if you can or don't buy it in the first place.

Welms
Welmsasked

Hi, on dual-receive mode, the sub-channel receive signal strength indicator only shows “half” strength. If I swap it so that the sub-channel now becomes the main channel, the receive signal strength indicator shows at “full” strength.

Is this by design or defect?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, due to tolerances of parts used in the receivers there can be some differences in received signal strength indications the receivers however, will meet the required sensitivity specifications. If you would like to discuss, please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as a team member will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Jeremy P.
Jeremy P.asked

Hi, I have a DTX4200 unit around two weeks old and initially it seemed to work fine but now I can hear (receive) but no one can hear me, there is a audible noise when I push the PTT button heard on other devices (our hand held units) but no voice is heard, almost like the mic is not picking up the voice. Any Ideas??
Cheers
Jez

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jez, thanks for the message. Sorry to hear of your recent experience. For this, we would recommend you give our locally based Oricom Support team a call 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST as the team will be able to troubleshoot with you. All the best, Oricom.

btdt
btdtasked

I seem to be having trouble with my hand piece the other party say that they do not get the full story i am telling even when i make sure i have the hand piece pushed in all the way ?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience, and would love to discuss this with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Luke G.
Luke G.asked

Can you run two separate antennas at once?
ie: 3db and 6.5db antenna.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Luke, thanks for the message. The DTX4200 is dual receive, which means it will receive two channels simultaneously through one antenna. The dual antenna radio you are meaning would be the Oricom UHF182. Check it out here: https://oricom.com.au/product/uhf182-5-watt-slimline-dual-antenna-system/

All the best, Oricom.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

Other UHF & VHF Radios