Oricom DTX4200

Oricom DTX4200 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPN:DTX4200
Tegan P.
Tegan P.

Hi, I just installed my DTX4200X. The hand piece display shows the number 12 and a small s in the top right hand corner. There can be a small amount of static heard if your place the hand piece near your ear. None of the buttons work/do anything/change the display and I am unable to turn it on/off or complete a factory reset. When it is unplugged and re-plugged in via the car battery or the transceiver it goes back to the same display of 12 and a small s.

Oricom   DM

Hey there, sorry to hear your having issues with your radio connection. Please send through your best contact number and a member of our support team will give you a call to troubleshoot.

Hi can you get an rj45 plug to suit the dtx4200

Oricom   DM

Hi there, the DTX4200 utilizes a secure 5 pin connector, so unfortunately there is no replacement RJ45 plug for this model. Oricom.

Geoff M.
Geoff M.

What do I get with the Omicrom 4200 dtx that is better than the Onicrom 390?

Oricom   DM

Hi Geoff, thanks for the message. The DTX4200X is a dual receive radio, that is a part of the premium range of UHF CB Radios. It has the ability to listen and receive two channels simultaneously, whereas all other brands can only listen to one. Essentially, this model is a 2-in-1 radio solution. Also includes a larger microphone, enhanced volume and an array of other more premium features. We would recommend that you take a look at oricom.com.au and compare the two models to see what works best for you. Oricom.

Kim C.
Kim C.

Hello I installed a dtx4200 and found if some one close by pushes their button to speak my radio will start to squelch and to continue until i push my button to shut it up.I also see my transmit strengh is one bar weaker than it used to be.
Kim Campbell

Oricom   DM

Hi there, would love to discuss this with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Blake
Blake

Why is my uhf stuck on 12 s and I’m not able to reset?

Oricom   DM

Hi mate, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Bob

I bought a 4200x recently. Can anyone help how can I install a dash plug point(like RJ45 or similar) to connect handset directly to dash.

RIGGER
RIGGER

Maybe use the "extension" lead to a point behind your dash or one of the pop out plugs and fit that end to there then connect the hand piece to that spot ‍♂️

Bob

Thanks for Ur answer. But this particular model has different type of plug which connect to the main unit. Extension cable not suitable for 4200x models.

Oricom   DM

Hi Bob, we would love to discuss this with you and work on a solution for you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Martin S.
Martin S.

Whats the difference between the dtx4200 and 395dr

Oricom   DM

Hi Martin, the DTX4200X is the flagship model with all of the topend features like Diecast metal chassis, larger ergonomic mic, 96 backlit colours, and IP rating. The UHF350DR is still Dual Receive but without the features listed above. Oricom

Steve C
Steve C

what is the main difference between a uhf360 and the
dtx4200 ? why does the dtx cost a couple of hundred more if it is only 2W?

Oricom   DM

The DTX4200X as with all fixed mount UHF CB radios in Australia, is 5 Watt. That means the UHF360 is too. The difference is that the DTX4200X includes the unique Dual Receive technology, and is a more ergonomic hand piece with more features. Oricom

Reece J.
Reece J.

Hi, I'm yet to purchase as I've seen a couple of complaints about it not being loud enough and not being able to hear anything. I don't exactly have a quiet car and would like to know if this is an issue and or if its been resolved, thanks.

Oricom   DM

Hi Reece, thanks for the message. We have just released the brand the new DTX4200X which has been built louder and larger. I have added the link the page for you to check out. To discuss these upgrades further, please feel free to contact our customer service team 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST as they will be happy to assist. All the best, Oricom. external link

Paul cross

Hi my DTX-4200 has no power to the hand set it has power to the unit but no power to the hand control. When I first installed it it worked for about 2 days then stopped working all fuses are OK and power to the unit. This is my second one now the first had the same problem. I have replaced the whole lot including the antenna ANU 110 under warranty is there something I'm doing wrong or is there just a bad batch out there please help I'm running out of patience with this unit

Oricom   DM

Hi there, we would like to discuss this with you and uncover what the issue is. Please contact our locally based team on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Matt H.
Matt H.

I have had the same issue, I had a professional mount this unit in my dash which was very difficult to get to, it looked great and clean. It stopped working about 2 months after the install and I honestly thought it had just been a blown a fuse. I have finally got around to pulling almost all my dash out (installer was going to charge to find the issue, adamant that it was not his work and he was right) to access and track down the problem. I tested the fuse on a meter it is fine, there was 12v on the back of the unit but trying to get it to turn on with the power button on the remote mic it just appears dead. I have since removed the unit, hooked it up to my lab power supplier, and I cant get this thing to power on at all. I have now left it too long to sort this out under warranty so after looking on the web, and discovered this is a common issue with these units, I decided to open it up myself to see if I could see if there was anything that stood out. Apart from quite a few suspect solder joins there wasn't anything that stood out to have popped. I did see there was a capacitor retro fitted to VC IN on an FAC2596 (DC DC buck convertor) which indicates that there was an issue with the original design of these units and they tried to fix it with a patch. I don't have time to further dig into this and find information on servicing these units is impossible. So, instead of wasting any more time on this and given what I have discovered and how poor the quality is internally, I have decided stop wasting time, exercise my consumer right and never to buy Oricom junk again. I hope this helps others who have the same problems with this unit. Don't wait, send it back and get a refund if you can or don't buy it in the first place.

Welms
Welms

Hi, on dual-receive mode, the sub-channel receive signal strength indicator only shows “half” strength. If I swap it so that the sub-channel now becomes the main channel, the receive signal strength indicator shows at “full” strength.

Is this by design or defect?

Oricom   DM

Hi there, due to tolerances of parts used in the receivers there can be some differences in received signal strength indications the receivers however, will meet the required sensitivity specifications. If you would like to discuss, please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as a team member will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Jeremy P.
Jeremy P.

Hi, I have a DTX4200 unit around two weeks old and initially it seemed to work fine but now I can hear (receive) but no one can hear me, there is a audible noise when I push the PTT button heard on other devices (our hand held units) but no voice is heard, almost like the mic is not picking up the voice. Any Ideas??
Cheers
Jez

Oricom   DM

Hi Jez, thanks for the message. Sorry to hear of your recent experience. For this, we would recommend you give our locally based Oricom Support team a call 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST as the team will be able to troubleshoot with you. All the best, Oricom.

btdt
btdt

I seem to be having trouble with my hand piece the other party say that they do not get the full story i am telling even when i make sure i have the hand piece pushed in all the way ?

Oricom   DM

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience, and would love to discuss this with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Luke G.
Luke G.

Can you run two separate antennas at once?
ie: 3db and 6.5db antenna.

Oricom   DM

Hi Luke, thanks for the message. The DTX4200 is dual receive, which means it will receive two channels simultaneously through one antenna. The dual antenna radio you are meaning would be the Oricom UHF182. Check it out here: external link

All the best, Oricom.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives