Oricom DTX4200

MPN: DTX4200

Tim Scarman

Tim ScarmanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not buy a DTX4200!

This is a crap UHF. The volume that it transmits to other UHF's is appalling and extremely "muffled". The volume of the speaker in the hand held microphone is too quiet for a 79 series Landcruiser, I've had to install an external speaker. Oricom were no help when I emailed them, they said to "reset" it or some crap.
I've gone ahead and purchased another 2nd hand UHF that works way better than this unit. I'll either sell this DTX4200 onto SOME other poor sod or bin it. I'd never buy another Oricom again. Stick to GME, and no problems.

Technical SupportOricom

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

Paul cross

Paul crossasked

Hi my DTX-4200 has no power to the hand set it has power to the unit but no power to the hand control. When I first installed it it worked for about 2 days then stopped working all fuses are OK and power to the unit. This is my second one now the first had the same problem. I have replaced the whole lot including the antenna ANU 110 under warranty is there something I'm doing wrong or is there just a bad batch out there please help I'm running out of patience with this unit

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, we would like to discuss this with you and uncover what the issue is. Please contact our locally based team on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Welms

Welmsasked

Hi, on dual-receive mode, the sub-channel receive signal strength indicator only shows “half” strength. If I swap it so that the sub-channel now becomes the main channel, the receive signal strength indicator shows at “full” strength.

Is this by design or defect?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, due to tolerances of parts used in the receivers there can be some differences in received signal strength indications the receivers however, will meet the required sensitivity specifications. If you would like to discuss, please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as a team member will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Jeremy P.

Jeremy P.asked

Hi, I have a DTX4200 unit around two weeks old and initially it seemed to work fine but now I can hear (receive) but no one can hear me, there is a audible noise when I push the PTT button heard on other devices (our hand held units) but no voice is heard, almost like the mic is not picking up the voice. Any Ideas??
Cheers
Jez

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jez, thanks for the message. Sorry to hear of your recent experience. For this, we would recommend you give our locally based Oricom Support team a call 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST as the team will be able to troubleshoot with you. All the best, Oricom.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryUHF & VHF Radios