Oricom PMR1280

Oricom PMR1280

Candy

CandySydney, NSW

Fantastic and for a budget price.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Sarge18Hobart, TAS

Very cheap communications.

Sarge18

A year on, May 2017, and these little Oricoms are still the best. I love their simplicity and reliability. Three working days out of each battery charge is a good feature too.

Not real happy

Bought a oricom uhf200 unit for truck last year,quite happy with this unit,however on this experience I then bought,pair of1280 units,fully charged & line of site,no better than 1km,need for emergencies (ex -ambo.,)

Marlene S.Oricom

Hi Robbo, The units do not seem like they are operating ideally. Line od sight you should expect much further range. Can you contact our Support Team on 02 4574 8888 or 1300 889 785 to see how we can help? Best regards, Oricom UHF CB Radios

GreyGuru

GreyGuru

Happy with mine

I've had mine for about 2 years and have used them on various occasions during this time, mostly for contacting other drivers. I agree with the previous reviewer. The audio is good, the battery life is excellent, and the range is more than I expected (about 10km line of sight, or 3-4km in forest (depending on terrain)). The criticism regarding the clunky menu is also true. For example, to me, changing channels is not an intuitive process. Overall a good buy at around $80 (for 2, includes charger)

Daryl

DarylCanberra

Compact and overall pretty good units

Mel

Melasked

We just started using the oricom pmr780 but have found that the batteries only last a few hours ? They are just disposable ones ? Is this normal ? Its going to get very expensive

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Mel, thanks for the message. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

grumpy

grumpyasked

UHF2190 3 days only red lights when charging. Any ideas emailed oricom noreply yet. Bit irritated as the manual doesnt say if lights turn green when charged.

Sarge18

G’day Grumpy. Mine is only the 1280 pair with cradle charger, but their probably very similar. The 2 red lights (one for each unit) stay “on” from memory. That would indicate to me that their settled against the extra low voltage contacts properly. If the cradle charger isn’t on a flat surface, one or the other light would go out, as they are just a light contact...
I charge them every blue moon, overnight, and their good for three full days of use after that.

Sarge18

ps. Mine are maybe 10 years old now, and still hold their full charge for many months.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm AEST as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Terri M.

Terri M.asked

what type of batteries can you use in the 1280

Sarge18

They have a little pack of three AAA batteries. You can remove this and replace with disposable batteries, if you have to.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Terri, thanks for the message. Thanks Sarge for the response. Alkaline batteries will work with this unit. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

Download manual