Oricom PMR755 / PMR780

Oricom PMR755 / PMR780

PMR780 and PMR755

Very poor functional design - have to change channel every single time!

This is the worst example of a 2-way I have ever come across.

You can't save the last used channel, meaning that every time you switch it off, you need to change your way through the channels, one-at-a-time, till you get to the one you want, then next time you switch it off, you need to do it all over again. It's bad enough for an adult to have to navigate, but try getting your 6 year old to do this.

Imagine the amateur designers thinking that this is acceptable.

This is such a shame, because it could have been a decent little pair of 2-ways.

Please tell me how to get my money back, this is not acceptable.

Doesn't "memorise" last set channel

Truly, it's really a pain that they don't hold on to the last set channel after switching them off! It's annoying. Oricom, can you please fix this issue or if still under the warranty period, can you replace then with other models (without this problem) or refund our money back?

Nice design

Beautiful look, nice design. easy use
have the commonly used CB radio features The receiver seems to be sensitive enough, speaker sounds loud enough

Good for the $$

Needed to be able to communicate with an 80 channel set on a hand held. Picked these up, in a pair, was in a hurry and took the cheapest option. It transmits and recieves clear and the speaker is plenty loud enough. Tough little unit, good on batteries. It does not store the last channel used once turned off though, can be painful. Also there is no way to turn off the "roger" beep.
Price, durability
Can't turn the roger beep off

OK for the price, does the job, but has a small flaw...

Just bought a pair of the PMR780 radios and I was initially quite impressed. The radios have the commonly used CB radio features (like repeater mode), that you had to pay much more for not many years ago. They support the new eighty channel radio plan for Aussie UHF CB's. The receiver seems to be sensitive enough, speaker sounds loud enough and it's sound quality is OK for the money.
The thing that bugged me big-time is when I noticed it does not hold the last channel used in memory, they always power up on Ch1. Meaning if you use say Ch40 mainly, you must scroll through 39 channels before you can use it again after it's been turned off. Also, to change the channels you must know to press the Menu button once first. Painful if you lend it to someone (like young kids).

Bottom line. Good for the $, but not as good as it could be.

(PS. Has undocumented speaker un-mute feature if both arrow keys pressed at once)
Sensitive, inexpensive, small and tough, 80 channels.
Won't come on with the last channels used, defaults to Ch1.

Yes it is true they do not hold last channel but you can scroll up OR DOWN so ch 40 is only one down from ch 1. I have used these on all day events, quite adequate 4 $'s?? Mine are 80 channels, not 40 (the new CB standard is 80Ch). Hope you got them cheaper.My 2 remember the channel. I have it set to ch12 and turn it off, next time I turn it on it is still ch12.

what is the maximum wattage can the Oricom PMR755 take as it take 3*AAA batteries which equals more than 0.5 watts
Hi Ryley, thanks for the message. Max wattage is 0.3 watts. If you have any questions, please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

one of my 780s refuses to power up, is there a reset or a procedure I can try? Cheers
Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear what is happening and for this one we would suggest that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom.

Hi I gave an oricon pmr 780 uhf cb radio to my son for Christmas and although both units worked initially, one of the units now transmits nothing but a loud trumpet/fog horn noise- it doesn't transmit vocal sounds. Any suggestions? cheers ingrid
Hi Ingrid, thanks for the message. For this one, the best solution is to give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to assist in troubleshooting this issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. Thanks and all the best, Oricom.

PMR780PMR755