Oricom PMR755 / PMR780

Oricom PMR755 / PMR780

PMR780 and PMR755

Consumer of products

Consumer of productsSydney

Very poor functional design - have to change channel every single time!

This is the worst example of a 2-way I have ever come across.

You can't save the last used channel, meaning that every time you switch it off, you need to change your way through the channels, one-at-a-time, till you get to the one you want, then next time you switch it off, you need to do it all over again. It's bad enough for an adult to have to navigate, but try getting your 6 year old to do this.

Imagine the amateur designers thinking that this is acceptable.

This is such a shame, because it could have been a decent little pair of 2-ways.

Please tell me how to get my money back, this is not acceptable.

Jun

JunAuckland

Doesn't "memorise" last set channel

Truly, it's really a pain that they don't hold on to the last set channel after switching them off! It's annoying. Oricom, can you please fix this issue or if still under the warranty period, can you replace then with other models (without this problem) or refund our money back?

tracybfdx

tracybfdxquanzhou

Nice design

Beautiful look, nice design. easy use
have the commonly used CB radio features The receiver seems to be sensitive enough, speaker sounds loud enough

Steve

SteveBrisbane

Good for the $$

Needed to be able to communicate with an 80 channel set on a hand held. Picked these up, in a pair, was in a hurry and took the cheapest option. It transmits and recieves clear and the speaker is plenty loud enough. Tough little unit, good on batteries. It does not store the last channel used once turned off though, can be painful. Also there is no way to turn off the "roger" beep.
Price, durability
Can't turn the roger beep off

mr.sneezy

OK for the price, does the job, but has a small flaw...

Newbob
Newbob

Yes it is true they do not hold last channel but you can scroll up OR DOWN so ch 40 is only one down from ch 1. I have used these on all day events, quite adequate 4 $'s

??
Mine are 80 channels, not 40 (the new CB standard is 80Ch).
Hope you got them cheaper.

David Kok
David Kok

My 2 remember the channel. I have it set to ch12 and turn it off, next time I turn it on it is still ch12.

How to get it to work

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

How does it work

How does it work

Oricom I.Oricom

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

Oricom PMR755