Oricom Secure715

Oricom Secure715

MPN: SC715

How to buy the best baby monitor

Every new parent wants peace of mind in knowing their baby is safe, and a reliable baby monitor can help. With so many different types available, understanding their pros and cons is important.

Read now

• Video Quality
Micky d

Micky dGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lost link cannot fix

We have been using the unit for a month. Then the lost link symbol appears. We have followed the instructions in the guide.
The guide doesn't say what symbols are in the screen??
We have a red T top left of screen what is that???
Help
Michael

Purchased in January 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Michael, thanks for the review. We would recommend giving our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Madeleine

MadeleineSydney, NSW

Not ideal.

Good range, but the volume controls leave a lot to be desired eg you can’t have it on 1, it starts at 2 ?!! It cuts in and out and comes on randomly throughout the night for no reason (it must be somehow sensitive to temperature as it frequently goes in and out around 4am to the point I have to turn it off). It’s really not logical in the setup and I would never recommend this monitor to anyone. If I had my time again I’d buy something else.

Purchased in March 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

Would not reccommend

Purchased this product as piece of mind for our first baby. So far would not recommend. The picture is horrible - really grainy. On zoom it is even worse. Day or night doesn't make a difference. There is a consistant static sound and kore often than not I hear when my baby cries out, makes a sound or moves before the monitor/sensor does. Unfortunately this does not give me piece lf mind at all and will be looking at purchasing another more reliable product. I can however reccommend the breathing sensors.

Purchased in March 2020 at Oricom for A$150.00.

Baby Monitors

Find out how Oricom Secure715 compares to other Baby Monitors

Not what I was looking for

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Deb, thanks for the review and we were happy to help you find the product for your needs. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

A little disappointed

This camera does its job but it cuts in and out with a grainy picture. The battery life isn't the best, it has to be plugged in while using. If you want basic, this is ideal.

Purchased for A$175.00.

Tech SupportOricom

Waste of money

If i could chose 1/2 star rating I would! Biggest waste Of money my last monitor broke after 1.5years then I brought this one only lasted 2 weeks before it wouldn't pair to baby monitor then I got a replacement and 2 days later the same thing again will be asking for a full refund on this peice of junk! And will never buy oricom brand again

Purchased in May 2020.

No Good.

Purchased in March 2020 at Catch for A$140.00.

KayAin

KayAinPerth, WA

Reliable and good quality for the price

Positives: Great entry level video monitor. I have two-storey house and range is good for upstairs/downstairs.
Video quality is good enough for what you pay. Can see their chest moving.
The camera unit is easy to adjust.
I like how the parent unit can adjust to come on with movement and then will go off again. (Optional)
I don’t use the music play back function. Would be good to have white noise function instead of music

Negatives:
I hate where the cord plug is on the side of parent unit. You can’t stand it up properly. Needs to have a better stand

Overall would recommend if You’re after an entry level simple to use video monitor. It does the job

Purchased in January 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$129.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks so much for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Cassandra K.

Cassandra K.

Peace of mind

This is such a great baby monitor, the quality of the image and the audio is fantastic.
So quick and easy to set up.
Highly recommend this product for all families for peace of mind!

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Cassandra, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

Baby Monitors

Find out how Oricom Secure715 compares to other Baby Monitors

The best monitor I have ever used

The range is amazing, I am still in range when I’m in my back yard which I have never had before with another monitor, it was so simple to set up and the clarity and audio is amazing.

Purchased in June 2019 at Shopping Express.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Stephanie, thanks for the feedback and review. We appreciate the comments and wish you all the best with your future use. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Mikaela

MikaelaNorth Queensland, QLD

Simple monitor that does everything you need

This monitor was very to set up ! Nice and light and easy to take when travelling. The device has very clear audio and while a small screen quite a clear image. The monitor rests on black screen and when it detects audio flicks onto screen mode. Perfect for us to keep an eye on our boys shared room.

Purchased in July 2019.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Mikaela, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

The.gutsy.mummy

The.gutsy.mummySouthwest, VIC

Love this product!!

I’m very happy with this monitor I have four kids and have never had a video monitor and WOW so much more peace of mind. I recently moved bubs from our room to her room which is down stairs and this makes life so much easier I can check the camera and know if she needs me to come down or if I can just let her self settle back to sleep. I’ve had no problems with range even though our rooms are a fair distance apart. I especially like the VOX selection which means I can set the volume of what I hear and am not woken by sounds of her just stirring but once she cries I am alerted. Really loving this monitor thanks Oricom

Purchased in July 2019.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Sarah A.asked

Hi. First time using this monitor. The parent unit keeps turning it’s self on and off all night long. Is there a way of keeping it on please

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Sarah, it sounds like you have the VOX setting selected. To turn off, please see User guide instructions as below:

4.2.2 VOX SELECTION
You can select VOX on/off. During VOX on, parent unit display will turn off once the voice level in the baby unit is below the threshold. You can activate the video and audio at anytime by pressing the <POWER> keys.
Note : To conserve power,VOX is on automatically when parent unit is operated by battery.
(1) VOX sensitivity level
Once VOX on is enabled, VOX sensitivity level and VOX timer can be selected.
You can select the VOX sensitivity level (5 Levels) by pressing the <UP>/<DOWN> keys, press <OK> to save.

(2) VOX timer
After setting the VOX sensitivity level, you can then select the VOX timer. VOX timer duration can be selected with
the <UP>/<DOWN> keys from 10, 30 or 90 seconds. This setting determines the duration the screen is on when VOX
has been activated.

All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Sarah A.

So what should I have it on to keep the screen until I turn the parent unit off. On sensitivity level 5 and 90 seconds because I’m really confused

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Sarah, please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as we will walk you through the steps to have the unit working as you require. Oricom Baby Care.

Yun Sasked

Does baby friendly night vision means there are lights being turned on to illuminate the view?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Yun, thanks for the message. Baby friendly night vision refers to the infrared night vision which portrays the image in black and white, automatically switching when low light is picked up. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Yun S

Thanks. Then what are those multiple optical units (black holes on camera device) for?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Yun, the sensors to determine the low light. Oricom Baby Care.

Shaely' M.asked

The parent unit screen keeps going black as if on stand by and I have read is supposed to light back up if baby moves or makes a noise, but it hasn’t been.
Is there a way I can make the screen constantly stay on?? If not I will be returning it as it doesn’t let me know her movements.

Shaely' M.

And when I push the power button to check in her it takes 3 seconds before the picture comes on

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We would love to help sort this out with you, as it sounds like the VOX functionality. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryBaby Monitors