5 years on and still going

Hi have used this oricom baby monitor for the last 5 years and have only needed to change battery pack once very clear and reliable also compact not bulky and easy to use. Have used it for my 3 children and recommend it to any new parents or grandparents. I live in a 2 story house and is still clear when down stairs

Hi Shereen, thanks for the message. We are glad to hear of your experience with you Oricom monitor, and wish you all the best with your future Oricom product use. Thanks, Oricom Baby Care.

Lasted one week!

I was very pleased with the monitor for the first few days as the sound was clear and I really liked the nightlight function, however after about a week the battery just stopped charging. We tried charging it on the stand, charging it directly to the handset and even rep,aced the rechargeable batteries with brand new batteries to no avail as it still blinked that the battery was low. When the battery is down the handset won't link to the room monitor so we are unable to use the unit at all. Given all the other reviews on here about the battery continuing to fail, I don't think it is worth me getting a replacement or having it repaired under warranty, I'll just get a new monitor from a different brand. Very disappointing.

I wouldn't bother.

The battery won't last, it was under a year that it stopped holding charge and it's doing it again now. I've already had mine replaced once by the company who were combative and argumentative about it. Apparently my expectation that a battery should hold charge for longer than 10 mins is unrealistic. Now the battery is failing without warning while charging (again), leaving my baby screaming without us knowing. Our monitor from our first baby lasted 3 years. Just saying, but maybe that monitor should be a life-goal for Oricom.

The best thing about the device is that it has a 'low mute' function so it only transmits consistent noises, but don't rely on that if your battery is on the way out.

Customer service is disappointing. They got pissy about proof of purchase, but eBay sales don't seem to go back that far (being a licenced seller doesn't matter either). They begrudgingly sent a new battery and made it sound like they were doing me such a HUGE favour, instead of it being the right thing to do for their crappy product. Again, I was told I should have expected their product to be so poor and that really I should have to buy a battery myself. Plus postage. But they were going to be very generous and send me the overpriced battery for free. I'm so lucky.

In the end, save your money and buy something better from a company with reliable products and friendly customer service.

BD monitor & bad service

Purchased this monitor after using a good angel care with my previous child. I bought a new one for distance out to our pool area that the angel care couldn't reach through (brick wall). Never ending problems, coming unhooked, battery never lasts, sitting it on a table sets it off its sync. Contacted oricom and was advised I can return for a warranty check but that I HAVE TO PAY FOR POSTAGE. STAY CLear.

Worst monitor ever. Already had it replaced twice

Have had this monitor for 7 months now and have already had it replaced twice. The battery doesnt hold for long at all and it freezes all the time and i have no warning, i have to check it all the time to make sure it hasnt frozen and its still on, then have to take the batteries out and put them back in to get it working again. When volume is full it fuzzes very loudly.

Screen broke! Twice!

5 months into using this the digital screen broke and it was impossible to read the display. Very important when it was winter to know the room temp. I returned this under warranty and to their credit, Oricom set a brand new monitor. Despite this, the second one's screen broke too, and due to very poor customer service at the shop I bought if from and returned it to, I was without any monitor for 2 months waiting for them to repair/replace it. I wouldn't buy this brand again.

Oricom secure310

Hi have had the same problem my son is 1 and around 5 months the screen went and you can't read what it is saying and will not hold charge off the stand for long at all.

We are very sorry to hear of your experience with your Oricom baby monitor. Our video monitors are covered by a 3 year warranty so please give our customer support team a call and they will be happy to troubleshoot with you over the phone: 1300 889 785 or (02) 4574 8888.

Disappointed

Used it for only 9 months. Around 6 months in the screen stopped displaying the letters clearly. 20 minutes in to using it away from the charge station it starts beeping to indicate low battery... for hours on end. Entering the 8-9 month mark it no longer charges on the charge station. It turns itself off now while sitting on charge while indicating it has a low battery. Yeeeah, I'm not too happy.

Thanks for your review. We are very sorry to hear of your experience with your Oricom baby monitor. Our video monitors are covered by a 3 year warranty so please give our customer support team a call and they will be happy to troubleshoot with you over the phone, please quote this reference number HL49760 1300 889 785 or (02) 4574 8888.

Good monitor but bad battery

I bought this monitor less than three months ago. Connection, sound, etc is perfect. However, the battery is not. Battery only lasts for 1 hour max now (less than 3 months old), 2/3 hours when new. This means i have to stay near baby's room pr near the monitor all the time. I cant be bothered claiming the warranty for the battery cos it means i have to send it away and wont be able to use it. It will be 5 star if battery lasts longer.
Connection, clear sound, parent talk back
Battery only last 1 hour when not plugged in

An excellent monitor

No static or disconnection. Clear audible sound. Great adjustability and very happy with clarity from downstairs to upstairs.would definitely recommend it! Easy to use and doesn't have unnecessary functions. Not too expensive. Wish we bought two as the other one we had, which was a cheap monitor loses connectivity all the time and beeps
Reliable, clear sound, no disconnections, no static
Baby end monitor Can't be used without being plugged in to power

Great monitor

Read all the great reviews for the Oricom brand and when we moved house my 18 month old bed room was at the other end of the house plus I had another on the way. We bought one to trial on him before investing in a second. Very clear transmission, can hear my son breathing with the parent volume at max (been great for when he had a cold) and the low mute button is great for when the fan is on to cut out the background noise and just kick in when he needs me. We bought a 2nd one for the new bub and they don't interact or interfere, which is great. The parent talk function has been handy when I have been down feeding new bub and hubby want to ask me something. ( generally if I want a cup of tea :) )
Very clear audio, low mute to take out constant background noise, talk back function
only comes in one colour so had to put sticker on one unit so we know who is calling us at night :p

Great monitor, Great price!

A friend recommended this to me when my first bub was born and I was over-whelmed with the choice of monitors. I found it cheap, reliable and very easy to use. Never had any worries with interference or picking up other people signals -the sound was always crystal clear. A good quality product if your looking for a sound monitor.
Great value for money, love the mute function which would wake me up when bub was crying without being too loud and allowed me to sleep as I didnt have to hear every little grunt and groan. Night light was also a good feature.