Oricom Secure870 Touchscreen

• Video Quality

Katie

KatieCentral West, NSW

Horrible

Purchased in February 2018.

Great warranty service!!!

My Parent unit stopped charging about 2.5 years after purchasing. I called and there were no questions and a replacement unit is being sent to me. Couldn't ask for a better result! Thanks Oricom.

Purchased in April 2017.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Kristy, thanks for the review and the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

LuisaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ongoing white noises through parent monitor which apparently is NORMAL

Worse camera ever. All you hear is a constant white noise. Called Oricom support had my camera replaced and the new one does the same thing. Rang them and sent them emails with video links so they could hear and see what I do only to get told that this is "normal ambiance of the room" the only time this annoying noise disappears is when the range drops out. WHAT A JOKE. I've had other monitors/cameras and never had any of these noises. I've attached a video for all you to see.
Now to see if Baby Bunting will return.

Purchased in January 2020 at Baby Bunting for $359.00.

Worst monitor ever!

very dissapointed with this monitor! I’ve had to get it replace it twice. It cuts out and beep and says there is no range when it’s not very far away! The battery doesn’t last long on the monitor.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting.

SFH

SFHSydney, NSW

Hopeless. Don’t waste your money.

While this video monitor has some nice features like night light, lullabies/white noise and room temperature indicator, the range is just hopeless. The only place that the video monitor is able to pick up the signal from the nursery camera is within several short steps from the room. Which defeats the purpose of having a monitor - if I was so close to the nursery I wouldn’t need a monitor. The constant “link lost” beeping at us drives us crazy. Complete waste of money (and not a small amount at that). The battery life and picture quality is also pretty average.

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting for $350.00.

Horrendous Range and Signal - Would NOT Purchase Again

This has all the features but horrendous range. We've had it for a few months and its become worse as time goes on. It doesn't even stretch 2 bedrooms before it cuts out. More of a hassle then help and would definitely not purchase this again

Purchased in August 2019 at Baby Bunting for $380.00.

Kat

KatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Oricom secure 870

The unit was great for the first child but I added a second camera and it is always out of range and beeping all the time and the battery on the parent unit does not last that long when off charge. I get annoyed that during the night it goes off to lost link trying to connect it does it a few times. The 2 camera is only 5 months old the unit is over a year old. I do like how it plays lullabies and has a night light. I don't like how small the picture is when you add the second camera it was easy to set up I just not happy how the 2 camera is always losing link. I have a premature baby and wanted to see him all the time but it just keep on losing link and it annoyed me. Would be good if you could record.

Aliza

AlizaHunter Region, NSW

Great company!

Camera unit had a fault after 10 months of working perfectly. Oricom were fantastic and sent us a brand new camera ASAP. Excellent device and definitely recommend it, very happy!

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Aliza, thanks for the message. We appreciate the review and wish you all the very best with your future product use. Oricom Baby Care.

KdusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product.

We were unfortunate to have a faulty one but the support team sent us a new one immediately. The options are great and its really easy to set up and use

Purchased in July 2018 at Baby Bunting.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and we appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience with Oricom Support. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Top of the line and surprisingly top customer service

The lullaby function stopped working after 2 years. Called Oricom, they sent a new one and now life is good again. Made me trust that good companies are out there

Purchased in December 2016.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Tristan, thanks for the review. We appreciate the review, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Perfect

Picture quality is really good. Can not fault. Loved the music you can opt to play with the night sky lights. Had a issue with the charging after owning it for almost 2 years and they are sending out a replacement unit. Was really easy to deal with the customer service and all staff are friendly.

Purchased in April 2018 at Baby Bunting for $378.00.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Sheree, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Samantha H.

Samantha H.Peel, WA

3 year warranty

I bought this monitor 2y 9m ago when I had my first child. Its amazing, the picture quality is fantastic along with so many other features. It was stored away for a few years then I had my second child. Unfortunately when we used it again, the camera would not turn. Customer service could not be more helpful when contacted stating I had a 3 year warranty with this monitor and sent one out straight away. Thanks Oricom

Purchased at Baby Bunting for $279.00.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate the review and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Belinda

BelindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Peace of mind

This baby monitor is fantastic in the sense that it has everything all in one; lightshow, white noise/music, night light, temperature, and the fact you can pan around the room is very helpful for when my toddler decides to get out of bed to play (instead of going to sleep!). Have had a couple of issues with the cord connection into the back of the camera, however the customer support team have been amazingly helpful when fixing/replacing items. Great product and Oricom have great customer service.

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for $179.00.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Belinda, thanks for the message. We are glad to hear of your experience and appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

A waste of money

Im happy to pay the money for a product thats worth it but this one isnt. First 6 months it was amazing. 2 years later its not. The monitor is regularly out of range when its next door to the camera, battery doesnt keep charge, lullabies only play one song, temperature alarm goes off all the time. Oricom wontrepair as its out of warranty. Look for another monitor....

Purchased in November 2017.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Liv, thanks for the message. Please contact Oricom Support on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the monitor includes a 3 year warranty. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Liv Cha
Liv Cha

Thank you. I did that and was advised to buy a new one as its on the cusp of being outdated...

Monitor is practical and functional, quality average, but customer service excellent.

Have owned for over 2 years. Monitor features are practical and easy to use. We have 2 cameras paired to it no problems. Temperature sensors get warm too easily and sometimes set off the hot room alert function. We believe the heat led to a camera gradually blacking out over time. Oricom customer service were excellent in replacing this however. We were also having issues with the battery on the parent unit, which oricom replaced. This was about a year ago. Fast forward another year and the battery and parent unit are cooked again. I managed to buy a replacement battery on ebay but it turns out the issue was the unit which Oricom happily replaced (we were pleasently surprised!)

Purchased in November 2017.

Plam85

Plam85Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Issues all round!

Jasmine S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

3 camera's later (and 2 batteries!) and still the worst monitor we have used

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for $499.00.

Jasmine S.

I have spoken with Oricom and they have very kindly offered to send me a replacement unit plus the additional camera. Great customer service, thank you.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Jasmine, awesome that we could assist in this way. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Nat

NatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

For the price a very disappointing product!

The parent console now will only charge on the docking station and not directly plugged into it. Annoying to say the least.. Ive had a camera replaced and the battery, its 13 months old now I doubt it will last another 12.. do not recommend, also the range is terrible

Purchased in September 2018 at Gadget City for $500.00.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Nat, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss this with you, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

PatGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very expensive for avg at best unit BUYER BE WARNED !!!!

Purchased in April 2018 at Baby Bunting.

Pat

Oricom has Response immediately. Have offered to send out a new camera. Will keep you updated with outcome

Erin

ErinVictoria

Worst baby monitor on the market- do not purchase!!

Have had the 870 for 2 and a half years now. Nothing but issues since day 1, have returned and replaced once and called customer service numerous times to assist- we gave up and accepted our loss.

Screen is very unclear- we literally have a black screen at night.
The range is terrible. Constantly cuts out every ten minutes, even more so if we are playing with the buttons on the screen- we have to wait for it to get reception in order to continue with the settings- this happens with EVERY button press.
Battery life has been awful from the beginning- ten minutes off the charger and its beeping and flat.

Two years later it is still the worst baby monitor on the market- do not purchase !

Purchased in March 2017 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Amber H.

Amber H.asked

I've purchased a Secure870 Video and movement bundle and I've been using it for a few days after initially charging for 24 hrs but the battery is never full always says it's charging and as soon as I pick it up from the base unit it turns off. What do you suggest I do to test if mine is faulty?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Amber, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to assist you in this. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Kate

Kateasked

Over the last couple of days the picture on our monitor screen is becoming increasingly blurry like the camera has lost focus. Is this a camera fault or is there a way to clean the lense or refocus the camera?

Luisa

You can try and reset the camera/monitor but resetting them just D-Link them then relink again. Otherwise if it's still in warranty give them a call. Hopefully you get a better result then I did.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Kate, thanks for the message. For this one, we would suggest that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to troubleshoot and assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

KayMay

KayMayasked

We just purchased one of these monitors and I feel like the sound is really bad. I can barely hear my toddler when she starts talking in the morning to let us know she’s awake and even when she was crying out in the middle of the night I only just heard it. Is this normal? I’m worried when our tiny new baby comes along we won’t be able to hear her at all. Thanks

Kdus

Hi there. We had this issue with the one we purchased so i called the support line and they sent us a new screen. The new one worked well until recently when our little one dropped it and for some reason it’s the sound (volume) that is affected so now it’s very quiet.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

Download manual