Oricom Secure870 Touchscreen

• Video Quality

Stepha L.

Stepha L.Victoria

We’re happy

We are satisfied with the baby monitor as it sufficient for what we use it for. The audio works fine for us and have found the monitor to be reliable and easy to set up. The camera quality could be a little clearer but it does the job.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. Wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Dave D

Dave DPerth, WA

Camera is terrible in low light rooms

Was easy to setup.
the functions were handy like lullabies and nightlight.

The camera resolution was terrible.
impossible to make much out even using the recommended distances of between 1-2 meters away
I played around with it and anything further than half a meter and the image is barely worth using.
Yet they recommend not putting it within reach of the baby/cot.

I dont recommend this as the camera is very low quality. (which was the main reason i bought it)

Purchased in April 2020 at Baby Bunting Online store.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. For this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

Ikeraam

IkeraamPerth, WA

Terrible purchase

This is one of the worst baby monitors
Here’s the issues I’m having
•no range
•soft audio
•bad picture
•connection fails
•camera can’t stay on without charger
•touch screen is the worst to operate

Purchased in October 2020.

Sara H

Sara HHobart, TAS

Cry alert useless

Purchased in May 2020.

SarahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

Very disappointing, my baby is only 8 months old and have only been using it since he was 5 months old, the range is ridiculous as its cutting out constantly. I have been speaking to Oricom since August, they have been sending me new items and nothing is fixing. They finally sent me a brand new parent unit and camera and it's even worse!!! Its like its a used one I can't even see my baby. I don't think they see the important of parents needing to see their babies, that's why I bought a video one so I can actually see my baby. I am really upset that they can't just refund me what I paid so I can move on with a different one that actually does the job.

Purchased in August 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $399.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Sarah, thanks for the message. Could you please send through your Oricom Support Reference no. and we will follow up with the team. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Sarah

My reference number is HL040258, thanks.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for providing. Oricom Support will be in touch. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Dalal M.

Dalal M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible- wish never came across it

Purchased in January 2018 for $259.00.

Mama

MamaMelbourne

Biggest regrets

Monitor dead after a year. This would be fine as it’s under warranty still but customer service is one of the worst I’ve ever had to deal with. Just when I think I’m making progress in resolving the issue I end up talking to a completely new person and I’m going around in circles explaining the same thing over again.

For the price you pay - video quality is terrible. Battery life is horrendous. And connectivity is a joke. My room is next door to the monitor and it still loses connection during the night.

Purchased for $399.00.

J.Law

J.LawMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not the best monitor, terrible battery life

We purchased this monitor in 2018 for the arrival of our baby in January 2019. Worked well to start with but now it's terrible, the battery lasts less than an hour both during the day and at night. I've contacted Oricom and wasn't overly happy with the response, was just told it's out of warranty and to buy a new battery. When I asked if this was a fault of the monitor, I was just told it might have been a bad one. No offer to check it or anything just told to get a battery.

Purchased at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Functionality
Battery Life
Connectivity / Reliability
Audio Quality
Video Quality
Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, as Oricom Support mentioned, the battery includes a 12 month warranty, as with all products of this nature, they have a limited life cycle of charges before the battery needs to be replaced. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Beck

BeckRichmond-Tweed, NSW

This was exactly what we needed for our daughter.

We bought this product with the accompanying sensor pads and it was life saving for our severely premature daughter. She has chronic lung disease and actually stopped breathing in bed twice, the monitors alarm went off and we were able to get to her in time. And amazing customer service from Oricom when needed. They’re based on Melbourne and effected by Covid but still returned my call as soon as they could and have been able to resolve my problem with the product very simply and with no fuss. Highly recommend this brand and product.

Purchased in July 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Renee S.

Renee S.

Terrible video quality.

Images look nothing like the advert pictures. Grainy pixelated and at time laggy. Audio is ok but not fabulous. White noise on repeat has very noticeable gap which is annoying, not hard to loop noise for decent duration. Wish I had done my research and viewed demos before spending on this monitor.

Purchased for $279.00.

Didn't meet my expectations

Purchased in August 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $259.00.

theofficialdad.com

theofficialdad.comSydney, NSW

Mystery Alarm Clock Feature

Purchased in May 2017 at Baby Kingdom for $440.00.

reviewer39

reviewer39

Works OK but has a few quirks

Purchased in June 2020 at Baby Bunting for $269.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message and review. We appreciate all the feedback and if you would like to discuss, please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST,as the team will be able to asisst you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Agy RS

Agy RSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best tool for Bubs Nursery and my 5 year still loves it too.

Purchased in January 2017 at Baby Bunting for $550.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the support, and wish you all the very best with your future use. Thanks for taking the time to let others know of your experience with the unit. Oricom Baby Care.

Lousy wifi connection and in screen off, doesn’t come on when noise or movement

Bought cheaper one of Oricom and it had a background noise even when on low. Range was poor (another older brand has worked for 6 year - on 4th Oricom, should have learnt lesson. Exchanged for this top of range model, told longer distance. Wrong, still drops out easy and then the “beeping”. Also on screen off at night, doesn’t come on if noise or movement and volume useless. Not good when have two monitors for our grandkids.

Purchased in June 2020 for $349.00.

Matthew

MatthewGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Oricom S870 link lost issues

Purchased the S870 and additional camera in October 2019, having set it up there is always the link lost message popping up on one of the two cameras consistently. The distance is about 12m, through two walls. Rather disappointing for 2.4Gzhz technology. Expected better for a communications company.

Purchased in October 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $550.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Matthew, thanks for the message. We would love to assist you in this, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hayley_Taylor04

Hayley_Taylor04Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great baby monitor

Purchased in May 2018 at eBay for $269.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback on the Secure870 and wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

melsa

melsaCanberra 2600, ACT

Good features, horrible signal/connection

Purchased in July 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $300.00.

Dani

DaniSydney, NSW

Good monitor

We had some issues with this monitor not switching on at first, however with some troubleshooting help from their customer service, which was great, we were able to solve the issue. The camera itself has been great. We are able to see our little one and use the white noise function, check the temp in her room and use the light (amongst many other features) on the monitor when needed. The biggest issue has been the poor battery life, but that has been after 2 years of use.

Purchased in June 2017 at Baby Bunting.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Dani, thanks for the review and feedback. We wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

JGD

JGDSydney, NSW

Consistent signal loss

Purchased in October 2019 at Baby Bunting for $359.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. For this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support team a call and the team will be able to troubleshoot with you and work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Liz

Lizasked

Hi. Our oricom 870 has always been pretty spot on when it comes to temperature when comparing it to other thermometres. But as if last few months, its been about 3 or 4 degrees off other thermometres. Is there a way to reset it or adjust it?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, we would love to discuss this with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Johnny T.

Johnny T.asked

Hi. We have 2 camera's running. Is the unit capable of displaying just 2 screens instead of the 4? Pointless having 4 divided screens if we don't need it.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the question. Not on this unit, when 2 cameras are connected, they will display as part of the 4 possible cameras connected in split screen. There is no way to move it just the two cameras. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Al J.

Al J.asked

Is there a resolution setting. Picture is very grainy with a delay even in complete daylight. The screen constantly flashes so you think the baby is moving. I had a Vtec prior to this one that had far superior video quality however it kept dropping off the WIFI.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, please give us a call to discuss on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryBaby Monitors
TypeVideo & Audio
Features2-way Communication, Ambient Sounds, Infrared Camera, Lullabies, Night Light, Room Temperature Monitor and Wall-Mountable
Screen Size 3.5"