7Oricom Secure870 Touchscreen

3.2

Mel W
Mel W

Customer service

Love this camera and monitor. The customer service was fantastic when I had a battery problem and easily replaced :) Show reply
Conor M.
Conor M.

Sub-par product

Got gifted this product and was really looking forward to using it to make sure baby is safe and sleeping while out of the room. The problems start here. The range seems to be so poor that as soon as you go more than 20 steps away, it seems to loose audio and video. It cuts in and out and crackles. Lodged a complaint, and never heard back. I’m hoping that they can reach out to me through this. Show details
Sarah
SarahSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Fair Incentive

Faulty unit but replaced without hassle

I was gifted this unit as a baby shower gift, and it had been working for over a year without a problem. One day the screen wasn't displaying when the unit was turned on, clearly a faulty wire of some sort. I didn't have the receipt but still had the box. I called the customer support team and spoke with a lovely lady who said she only needed the Serial number of the unit and that it was still under the warranty period. I only had to send through a video of the unit not working and she had a new parent unit posted to out to me within 2 days!!! Overall great experience with the support team. It's unfortunate the unit stopped working, but it was easy to be replaced thankfully. Show details
Bren
Bren2 posts

Great camera with heaps of features

I love this camera. It does everything we need it to. It's very reliable, image quality is excellent and the sound through the parent unit is fabulous. My unit was faulty so the sound from the camera (lullabies etc) was very distorted but customer support sorted it very quickly. Show details ·  1
Taylor
Taylor

Do not buy this monitor

This is a terrible monitor. The picture wasn’t very clear, had the camera replaced through warranty. The parent unit battery doesn’t last any longer than 30 minutes off charge and now the camera won’t power on completely. We originally paid $279 so not very happy. Will absolutely not buy oricom again Show details
Colleen bGascoyne, WA2 posts

This is an amazing baby monitor

Awesome product. I had some issues with the chargers but oricom support was really helpful and got my problem fixed in no time. Can’t live with out it now. Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi Colleen, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, oricom.

Rachel4 posts

Worst Purchase Ever

A few weeks old and monitor goes blue
Sends a replacement ok no worries
Fail
Sends another 8 either parent units or camera and they are all duds!
Begged for my money back but refused every single time!
Wasted so much money & time on this
Oricom   DM

Hi Rachel, we are sorry to hear of your experience with this unit. We would like to follow up with Oricom Support so please provide your reference no. and we will have the team contact you to support. All the best, Oricom.

Hayley
HayleySydney, NSW7 posts

Not perfect

If you like a mostly ok/fit for purpose monitor with absolutely crap night vision which makes your kid a chalky blob that ripples akin to A HA's Take on Me music video people, then this one's for you.
Ashkan
Ashkan
  Fair Incentive

Looking for C870 broken

I need an internal cables of C870 camera.
So anyone has a broken one in ADL , let me know. Show reply
LCW
LCW3 posts

Fantastic Australian customer service

We had an issue with the volume buttons but oricom very quickly went above and beyond to arrange a replacement.

Exceptional customer service 10/10 Show details ·  1

Hannah A.
Hannah A.South East Queensland, QLD

Support Team

Love the Oricom monitor, had it with my first baby in 2017 so naturally bought for my second baby in 2022. strangely the Home monitor stopped charging, after ringing the support number it was SO straight forward following the support persons instructions. In the end he is sending me out a new Home monitor. Very painless. I am vert happy with the monitor and the customer service. 10/10 !!! Show reply
Chloe P.
Chloe P.

It's ok

I've got the secure 745 and we needed a 2nd camera so I wanted to try this one (secure870) because it had the cool stars and night light.
In comparison to the 745 it's not that great.

Our room is about 15m from our daughters and the link drops in every 10 -20 seconds, and it won't work if we are sitting out on our patio area (which is about 20m away). The picture quality isn't the best. The only thing I love about it is the stary night, lullabies and the night light.

I would spend the extra and get the secure745. So much better. Show details

Tanita
TanitaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Love it more than I thought I would!

I upgraded from the secure 740 and I am amazed at this camera and monitor!
The pan and tilt functions are absolutely fantastic especially with two kids sharing one room. It’s made life soooo much easier! I’ve had it for a month or so now and I’m still finding cool features it has. The gorgeous light show is so soothing and it has a light indicator that tells you if the room is too hot, too cold or just right.
If you’re looking for a cost effective monitor that does it all - this is the one!
The range is also amazing, it hasn’t dropped out once yet and my house is quite large!! Show details ·  1
Carlie Lindner
Carlie LindnerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing unit but stopped working after 2 years

We were given this monitor as a baby shower gift for our first child (2 & 1/2years) and he continues to use it now for the ‘stars and music’ function but the parent unit stopped working recently and we purchased a new one which we have just set up.
We love the monitor but would be helpful to have a larger screen and longer warranty as the first unit was just out of warranty when it stopped working so we had to pay full price for the new one. The range is also not as long as I expected it to be, we live on a small farm and can’t take the monitor more than 5m away from the house before it disconnects. Show details ·  1
Maree Hibbins
Maree HibbinsSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Best purchase ever

Absolutely amazing, love all the features! Though the battery on the monitor last for only around 30mins but other than that can’t fault it! Show details ·  1

Ivy L.
Ivy L.

Hi, if I add a second camera does the parent device have spilt screen so I cam see both cameras at once.

Rachel

Sorry can’t remember but think you had to press a button to flick through the different cameras. But I do not recommend this monitor at all!

Colleen b

No you can’t see both screens

Oricom   DM

Hi Ivy, on the SC870, this model allows for split screen, and up to 4 cameras can be seen at once on the parent unit. See the link here for how it would work: external link

Jud
Jud

I have the oricom SC895 just wondering if I purchased an additional camera does it have to be the same or can I upgrade to Video Monitor SC870WH and pair it with the camera and parent screen that I currently have? Thanks

Oricom   DM

The Jud, thanks for the message. Unfortunately the SC895 and the SC870WH are not compatible. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Brianna S.
Brianna S.

Are you able to set up one camera to two monitors?

Oricom   DM

Morning Brianna, no sorry you cannot set up two monitors to one camera. You can set up two cameras to one parent unit (monitor). I hope this helps.

CategoryBaby Monitors
Price (RRP) $359
TypeVideo & Audio
Features2-way Communication, Ambient Sounds, Infrared Camera, Lullabies, Night Light, Room Temperature Monitor and Wall-Mountable
Screen Size 3.5"