Oricom Secure870 Touchscreen

Oricom Secure870 Touchscreen

MPN: SC870

Amazing product with Customer service to back it

Although I have been faced with a couple of hiccups with long term use of this product, the representatives have been more then forthcoming to replace my devices.

Gifted to me, money was definitely not wasted as I have found no other monitor setup that can provide me with these specifications. I will continue to recommend these to anyone that asks as even my boys enjoy all the features they have to offer.

The only thing I will fault and yet to examine in the coming months with the replacements, is the starry night light does not last very long. Changes from a crystal clear picture of stars and moon on a black background and eventually fades into a blue background with white stars. Again they have done a 20/10 job at replacing them when this happens.

Purchased in April 2018.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback, and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Excellent customer service

Had some difficulties with the camera and Oricom customer service were incredibly helpful and sent out a replacement camera under warranty immediately following notification of the problem. Very satisfied with the service and support.

Purchased in January 2016 at Baby Bunting.

Battery Life
Hi Laura, thanks for the message. Thanks for the feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Love it and the many functions

Love all the functions, music/stars/lights etc and that I can put them on a timer if I want. Also the night time function is fantastic, we have had ours for 4years now (second camera bought 8months ago) and have had no issues. Only one little complaint is that the monitor doesn’t seem to have a very good range but that would be it.

Purchased in October 2015 for $380.00.

Battery Life
Hi Karra, thanks for the review. Regarding the range, we would suggest calling our locally based Oricom Support team, as there could be a simple fix to ensure that an environmental factor is not the reason for the range. Measured in line of sight, the Secure870 has a listed range of up to 300m. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Good Features, Bad Range

We have had the monitor now for nearly 3 years. We really like the monitor features - the lights, music etc all great.

However the range is no where near what it says. We are quite a way (30m with a few walls) from our toddlers room and our monitor is always beeping at us losing connection. Now we have 2 kids its worse as it's trying to link up to 2 cameras. Very annoying trying to find that sweet spot. We have had to move the monitor out to our hallway to work. The battery life is very short when you have a second monitor hooked up too.

We have also had problems with the camera which we sent back and replaced. Also had to pay for a new battery once.

Purchased in August 2016 for $350.00.

Battery Life
Hi Lisa, thanks for the message. Regarding the range. it sounds like there could be an environmental factor that is playing a role in the reduction in range. For this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to troubleshoot the issue, and will work to provide you with some solutions that will lift the range you are getting out of the monitor. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Poor Battery Life

The battery on this camera does not last anywhere near the 6 hours it claims to. We are lucky if we get 3 hours out of it before it dies and needs to be recharged. I thought this might just have been a faulty battery but after receiving a new one through warranty we are still having the same issue. In the 6 months of having this camera, we've already required a new battery and new camera as the previous camera started getting lines through it and the picture quality went horrible that we couldn't even see our daughter. Would not recommend this monitor. Whilst it does a light show and plays lullabies, it doesn't make up for the poor battery life.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting for $350.00.

Battery Life
Hi Stephanie, thanks for the message and we are sorry to hear of your experience. We would love to discuss, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.I'm not sure what more they can do when I've received a second battery and am still having the same problem. The only thing that can be done at this stage is to provide a refund so I can buy a camera that actually does what it claims to.

Additional camera doesn’t work

We originally purchased the monitor and enjoyed using the night stars and music features. After 2 years the monitor cannot be used without being plugged into power (I know additional battery can be purchased but we have already replaced this). Also the connection to the power was bent and disconnects easily (only due to general wear and tear)
When paired with an additional camera both cameras drop out. Ended up purchasing another brand camera and will be taking this camera back.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Kingdom for $200.00.

Battery Life
Hi Katie, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call to discuss the issues, and the team will be able to sort it out with you. Please call 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Functionality = Tops, Construction = Not up to Par

I love the functionality of this baby monitor - the light show, lullabies, night light, rotation ability, night vision, range, room temperature, multi-camera capability and much more. HOWEVER, my advice would be not to buy a monitor that doesn't have a long warranty. We have had a replacement sent out to us already as the parent monitor kept dropping off from the baby monitor when we unboxed it. At times the audio button doesn't work and the volume gets stuck. This is intermittent. The temperature reading suddenly went way off saying the room was 29 degrees, but there was no way that that was the case - I tried to calibrate the temperature but you can only change it up or down by 2 degrees - I phoned them and this is how it is designed, but I don't understand why you would limit it. The battery life doesn't seem to last that long on the parent monitor. Sometimes when turning the baby monitor on it takes a few goes as it will light up but then go straight back to off mode. Gets frustrating if you are in a hurry because you have a crying baby in the room. Customer service is very helpful and if the product is faulty they seem happy to send out a replacement - makes me wonder if they are cheaply made and so cheaply replaceable. I would say well worth the expense if we didn't have 5 issues in the 4 short months we've been using it.

Purchased in November 2018 for $499.00.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the message. The Oricom Baby Care range of video baby monitors includes a 3 year warranty and we have a locally based Oricom Support team who are available for call or email Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback, and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.Hi there, yes the 3 year warranty is fantastic. I just wouldnt expect to utilise it as much. Thank you for your comment. :)

Love the functionality .. multiple returns though

I have loved the upgrade to this monitor when it works. It has timers for most functions, so I love I can set the duration, & turn on/off from the monitor. It has an audio function with lots of choices. It has a night show that changes, so my baby to toddler love watching the moon/Saturn/stars/planets disappear & reappear. The night light has been great, & again great to have a timer & turn off on the monitor if wanted. It can rotate vertical axis, which is great to direct that from the monitor.
It has a 3 year warranty & we are on our 3rd return now. Channel issues are not Oricom's fault, so they helped deal with Telstra, but the display fault with it going blue, & 3rd time the high frequency noise from one camera coming through the monitor is not desirable. Oricom have been great to deal with, but returns a plenty abound with more than 1yr left in warrant.

Purchased in June 2017.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Would give 0 stars. Serious waste of money

Please dont consider this monitor. I beg you.

We are on our 3rd camera and about to get a 3rd screen. The return process is good, but the quality of the product abysmal.

1st camera - speaker didnt work and the temp
gauge stopped working ( in the 1st month of use)
2nd camera - stopped rotating
3rd- no issues yet, but it barely gets used now.

1st screen- touch screen started playing up and the battery was lasting 5mins
2nd screen - withing 24hrs the touch screen was playing up and the screen it self seems loose.
3rd- waiting to here back from oricom.

A product of this price should not be like this!

Purchased in March 2018 at Baby Bunting for $499.00.

Battery Life
Hi Justin, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss the above. Could you please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Good monitor with great features

We’ve had a few connectivity issues but Oricom Customer Service have been very help and quick to resolve them.
Have been using the monitor for a year now and l don’t know how we’d live without it. I use most features with baby particularly liking the light show. Thanks Oricom.

Purchased in February 2018 for $400.00.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the review and feedback. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Big waste of money!! Don’t buy it

I bought this monitor as we had multiple children all very young so perfect to connect cameras. I’ve had so much trouble with it. So many calls the call support. Which we’ve had to pay money to send the items back to get a replacement. The whole unit has been replaced and even now it’s still having the same problems. Tells me it’s cry alert yet no kids have been awake or crying. Will
Just light up and beep for no reason. I’ve had so many nights of broke sleep, not from children but from
This monitor. I called up last week and said I want my money back now. It’s about to run out of warranty. So they can’t do that but sending me out a whole brand new unit. See how this one goes. Seriously it’s the biggest waste and time consuming product!!

Purchased in July 2016 at Baby Bunting for $480.00.

Battery Life
Hi Kristie, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and glad to hear that Oricom Support have been working with you to resolve the issues. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

This monitor is unreliable

I bought this unit thinking i would use it for 2 kids. It has all the bells and whistles, and appeared to have all the functionality items I needed. Unfortunately it has been the biggest waste of money I have spent on any baby product. I have already contacted Oricom on a couple occasions and they have sent replacements both times. I have wasted money on postage sending the rubbish monitor back to get these replacements as there is no baby bunting where I live. If I used the reply paid, there is no tracking and I’m not forking out more money if it gets lost in transit! So my problems haven’t gone away, with my current replacement unit the cry alert is unreliable, the battery doesn’t last at all so I can only use it plugged in. But it doesn’t actually charge properly and I often wake at night to it beeping even though its on the base apparently charging! I made the mistake of buying a 2nd camera so both cameras now disconnect or are out of range and beeping when I’m 5-10m away! This often happens at night (it lights up and beeps when I’m asleep) and takes a long time to reconnect. The temp on both will go from the true room temp to beeping ‘too hot’ randomly then stop and show the true temp again. The screen on monitor goes a coloured stripey and I can’t even see my kids! I am beyond disappointed at the poor quality of such a highly priced product. I would NEVER recommend this to anyone. The thing is, my daughter loves the stars feature on ceiling, at least that still works!

Purchased in October 2017 at Baby Bunting for $510.00.

Battery Life
Hi Vic, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to further discuss with you. If you could please give our locally based Oricom Support a call, we will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Horrible

The cord is so flimsy and crap.. it fell off the cot and because it’s so heavy broke the insert part where the cord goes in.. so now the USB cord doesn’t sit it and it won’t turn on, we haven’t even had it that long I’m so upset and disappointed

Purchased in April 2018 at Baby Bunting for $500.00.

Hi Tarz, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to discuss this with you. Could you please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care,

Disappointing product.

Just bought this today and excited to use it. We had the oricom 710 and loved it but wanted a second camera and a nice later model. Big mistake. The data states 300m which is twice then the 710 and it constantly lost reception where the 710 had full reception and that was only at 10m away from the room. Blurry picture compared to the 710. Talking it back in the morning to baby bunting. Very disappointed.

Purchased in February 2019 for $400.00.

Battery Life
Hi Lee, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would ask that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call to discuss. Please call 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Not great

I recently bought the 870 with the babysense breathing pads and an additional camera and I’m not happy with it which is so disappointing after spending a huge amount. I have a 2.5yo and a 3mth old and changed to this unit from an angecare I used for my son for 2.5years that didn’t skip a beat as I wanted a second camera.

I really don’t understand the design of the cry alerts. Its a terrible idea and Oricom should really re-think this strange system. Why on earth does this monitor not have VOX?? My babies room is close by and when the unit is on ‘mute’ (so we don’t have to listen to white noise all night) the ‘cry alert’ should apparently activate when my baby cries...well we can hear her from our room before the monitor reacts at all....totally useless! There is no way to adjust the sensitivity of the ‘cry altert’ and it seems my baby would need to be screaming before it would activate? It then vibrates or beeps and shows me a msg on screen? (If it worked) Huh? Not great to be woken by a beep in the night to read a message on screen. I just want to listen to her so I can assess if I need to go right in or wait like every other VOX system. This also means I need to leave the sound and screen on all the time to hear her therefore draining the battery instead of being able to use a VOX setting.

It has also dropped out of range randomly throughout the middle of the night (both cameras) and woken me up with a beep ‘out of range’ alert when both my kids were sound asleep....their rooms are 3m from mine and apparently that is too far?? Not great to be woken up extra times by the baby monitor!

These two problems I count as massive faults on a baby monitor. The entire purpose is to view and hear your baby to give you peace of mind. If I am being woken by ‘drop out’ alerts and yet can’t hear my baby make noises until hysterical due to lack of sensitivity adjustment what is the point of this system?

Built in white noise is ok, certainly not worth the $$ for that. The design of the white noise also need work as it shouldn’t have a pause in audio while it loops when on ‘repeat’ setting. The purpose of using white noise is to have a continuous uninterrupted background noise running. Built in light show is not that great because your monitor is usually near a wall and the light show only points up in 1 direction so it’s partially obscured by the wall not showing on the ceiling. No way to adjust this. Quality of video is poor/average, nothing special.

I rang customer service as I couldn’t find the vox setting only to be told the ‘cry alert’ is the only setting and it’s not adjustable. So no solution.

Extremely disappointed.

Update: I have now used this monitor for over a year and still really regret the purchase but had already forked out all the money so I’m stuck with it. Battery doesn’t last long at all. Our baby sleeps with white noise every night and we have to leave the monitor audio on so we have to listen to the white noise every night. As mentioned the only other option is to use the ‘cry alert’ feature which doesn’t activate until she is screaming - useless. We bought a separate white noise machine so it can be a bit further from the monitor - if you have the white noise on the monitor running you hear it very loudly on the parent unit. So the built in white noise feature is also useless.

We haven’t used the 2nd camera at all as it was faulty from the get go with dropouts. They have agreed to swap it for a new one which is good. I would’ve preferred a refund but hopefully baby bunting will assist with that.

Purchased in January 2018 at Baby Bunting.

Battery Life
Hi Lauren, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would appreciate the opportunity to restore some faith in the Oricom Brand. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to discuss. Oricom Baby Care.

Lasted through one baby, almost.

Sadly after 15 months the camera has faulted leaving the screen green and purple and with us unable to see our baby and of course I no longer have the receipt. I’ll be purchasing a different brand that will hopefully last as $300 odd dollars should last longer than it has.

Hi Simone, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and importantly, the range of Oricom video and audio monitors include a 3 year warranty. We would suggest that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Waste of money

The range says 100m but it drops out after 10m in my small house. The cords which attach to the camera and the base unit via USB ports are really flimsy and fall out and bend at the slightest touch. I had to replace them with USB cords from other items in my house multiple times but they still fall out of the socket all the time. The camera is really heavy which makes it really hard to move around to different places and set up when you have a newborn that falls asleep everywhere. The camera died at 9 months use, it just suddenly started turning off in the middle of naps even though it was affixed at that point so hadn’t been dropped to initiate the breakdown. I ended up buying a $90 replacement from amazon that does everything this one does and had amazing reviews. The camera and base unit are light as a feather (I can even stick the camera on the wall with sticky tape) and the range works perfectly, no drop outs in the whole house. The oricom is a massive waste of money.

Hi there, thanks for the message. The listed range of the Secure870 is 300m is optimal conditions and when measured in line of sight. It sounds like an environmental factor could be playing a role in the reduction in range. To discuss this and the other feedback provided, could you please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.Unfortunately I, like most people, do not live in an open field. I live in a normal brick terrace home in Sydney. If your product does not work in a small brick home, it is not a functioning product. There are no environmental issues, especially given my new monitor works perfectly. You will see many other reviews stating the same issues with your product.Hi Cruz, if you would like to discuss, please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Features don't even work!

We received the Oricom 870 as a baby shower gift. It did not work at all - didn't alert us when the baby cried or made noises (meaning the screen didn't turn on, it didn't beep, it didn't vibrate and you couldn't even HEAR if the baby was crying). Pretty much was used as a $359 night light.

We then received a replacement - at least with the replacement monitor we could hear the baby cry. But the monitor doesn't "beep and vibrate" despite the setting being chosen. The vibrate feature doesn't work at all as we have never felt or heard it.

Comparing this to our old Oricom 710 - it lacks on the basic features of what a baby monitor needs to do. The 710 is actually reliable, vibrates and screen turns on when the baby cries. You can even select the temperature setting of when you want to be alerted. One of the best things is that if the baby makes noises (or even background environment noises happen) the screen will turn on and alert you - then it will AUTO turn the screen off once the noise stops (or you can do it yourself).

Whereas the 870 - once the screen turns on, it stays on unless you press the screen off button. So if you forget, it will just run the battery requiring a recharge because it loses battery pretty fast when this happens. I don't know why the auto screen off feature once noises stop is not included in this model but is included in the older ones.

Another annoying thing is that you can't set the temperature alerts yourself like you could in the 710. It is pre-programmed and the screen will turn on constantly even when you dismiss the alert, again draining the battery. Also, I don't think when they pre-programmed the monitor this way they took into account the fact that sometimes you can't change the temperature of the room to be less than 27 degrees because you might not have access to an air-conditioner.

The ONLY thing I like about it over the old 710 is the motorised pan-tilt feature. Other than that - the old 710 is actually better as all of it's features work, is more customisable and parent-friendly. We already have so many things to remember as parents - we don't need to add remembering to press the screen off button so the monitor doesn't drain to be added to the list!

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and will ensure that this feedback is passed on for future product development. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

The image on Screen turn purple and green

We have purchased Oricom 870 and it works OK for less than 6 months.. now and only after 6 months we started seeing purple and green lines in the screen. The line gradually grow to where we can not see the bub at all!
I contacted oricom support and it went straight to the voicemail asking me to leave my message! they didn't even bother to set up a proper call centre.. I am still waiting for their call to check if they respond at all and how they handle this issue. From other treats on here I worry we will end up without a monitor just days after we move the bub to his room.

Later we have been contacted by oricom and they have sent us a replacement cameraHi Paris, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and glad that Oricom Support have been able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Frustrating

1st one - The lullaby feature lasted 7 days before it died. Didn't even get the chance to see or use any of the other features. Sent it back to baby bunting who had it with them for a week and gave us an old model to use in the mean time. The old one with a cracked screen worked better than the new one.
2nd one - Baby bunting replaced the 1st one we had because Oricom couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. The 2nd one worked well then tried using the cry alert feature. Did as per the instructions, had the controller on mute etc etc. Heard our baby crying in the other room.... nothing from the monitor. No alert, nothing but black screen. My wife this time went direct to Oricom and while on the phone to them had little bub yelling in the other room. Told them directly that the cry alert didn't work and could barely hear him even when the volume was on full blast. The only way to watch him was litterally do that, watch him on the screen and watch as the battery drained rapidly. She took it back to baby bunting as suggested by Oricom, got a replacement on the spot.
3rd one - guess what...... cry alerts don't work. Screemed as loud as possible into the camera mic, no alert. Tried it with little bub... thought he was fast asleep turned on the screen only to see him wriggling, turned it off mute only to hear him screaming... nice one Oricom.
That's the last straw, your product is about as useful as an ashtray on a motor bike. For anyone reading this, save your money and DONT buy this useless junk. You're better off buying a cheaper option that actually works.
I want my money back please!!!

Hi Jed, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love the opportunity to restore some faith in the Oricom Brand. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.Hi Oricom, I've noticed a trend here and it seems you have a copy paste solution to everything by replying the same thing to every issue. You can't restore my faith in your product. Either upgrade us to a newer, more improved model or arrange for a refund so that I can buy a better camera that will do what I need it to do.Hi Jed, please privately message through your best contact number and a convenient time to receive a call and Oricom Support will be in touch to resolve this with you. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.