Oricom Secure870 Touchscreen

Oricom Secure870 Touchscreen

MPN: SC870

Perfect

Picture quality is really good. Can not fault. Loved the music you can opt to play with the night sky lights. Had a issue with the charging after owning it for almost 2 years and they are sending out a replacement unit. Was really easy to deal with the customer service and all staff are friendly.

Purchased in April 2018 at Baby Bunting for $378.00.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Sheree, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Samantha H.

Samantha H.Peel, WA

3 year warranty

I bought this monitor 2y 9m ago when I had my first child. Its amazing, the picture quality is fantastic along with so many other features. It was stored away for a few years then I had my second child. Unfortunately when we used it again, the camera would not turn. Customer service could not be more helpful when contacted stating I had a 3 year warranty with this monitor and sent one out straight away. Thanks Oricom

Purchased at Baby Bunting for $279.00.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate the review and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Belinda

BelindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Peace of mind

This baby monitor is fantastic in the sense that it has everything all in one; lightshow, white noise/music, night light, temperature, and the fact you can pan around the room is very helpful for when my toddler decides to get out of bed to play (instead of going to sleep!). Have had a couple of issues with the cord connection into the back of the camera, however the customer support team have been amazingly helpful when fixing/replacing items. Great product and Oricom have great customer service.

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for $179.00.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Belinda, thanks for the message. We are glad to hear of your experience and appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

A waste of money

Im happy to pay the money for a product thats worth it but this one isnt. First 6 months it was amazing. 2 years later its not. The monitor is regularly out of range when its next door to the camera, battery doesnt keep charge, lullabies only play one song, temperature alarm goes off all the time. Oricom wontrepair as its out of warranty. Look for another monitor....

Purchased in November 2017.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Liv, thanks for the message. Please contact Oricom Support on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the monitor includes a 3 year warranty. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Liv Cha
Liv Cha

Thank you. I did that and was advised to buy a new one as its on the cusp of being outdated...

Monitor is practical and functional, quality average, but customer service excellent.

Have owned for over 2 years. Monitor features are practical and easy to use. We have 2 cameras paired to it no problems. Temperature sensors get warm too easily and sometimes set off the hot room alert function. We believe the heat led to a camera gradually blacking out over time. Oricom customer service were excellent in replacing this however. We were also having issues with the battery on the parent unit, which oricom replaced. This was about a year ago. Fast forward another year and the battery and parent unit are cooked again. I managed to buy a replacement battery on ebay but it turns out the issue was the unit which Oricom happily replaced (we were pleasently surprised!)

Purchased in November 2017.

Plam85

Plam85Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Issues all round!

Jasmine S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

3 camera's later (and 2 batteries!) and still the worst monitor we have used

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for $499.00.

Jasmine S.

I have spoken with Oricom and they have very kindly offered to send me a replacement unit plus the additional camera. Great customer service, thank you.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Jasmine, awesome that we could assist in this way. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Nat

NatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

For the price a very disappointing product!

The parent console now will only charge on the docking station and not directly plugged into it. Annoying to say the least.. Ive had a camera replaced and the battery, its 13 months old now I doubt it will last another 12.. do not recommend, also the range is terrible

Purchased in September 2018 at Gadget City for $500.00.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Nat, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss this with you, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

PatGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very expensive for avg at best unit BUYER BE WARNED !!!!

Purchased in April 2018 at Baby Bunting.

Pat

Oricom has Response immediately. Have offered to send out a new camera. Will keep you updated with outcome

Erin

ErinVictoria

Worst baby monitor on the market- do not purchase!!

Have had the 870 for 2 and a half years now. Nothing but issues since day 1, have returned and replaced once and called customer service numerous times to assist- we gave up and accepted our loss.

Screen is very unclear- we literally have a black screen at night.
The range is terrible. Constantly cuts out every ten minutes, even more so if we are playing with the buttons on the screen- we have to wait for it to get reception in order to continue with the settings- this happens with EVERY button press.
Battery life has been awful from the beginning- ten minutes off the charger and its beeping and flat.

Two years later it is still the worst baby monitor on the market- do not purchase !

Purchased in March 2017 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

JLDGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor product and poor customer service

We purchased this product with an extra camera due to the stated features and the long range. The second camera constantly drops out making a beeping sound which wakes everyone up.
We then had everything replaced and it happened again. Oricom have now refused to give us a refund even though it drops out in a 10m range. Wouldnt buy or recommend.

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for $450.00.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, we are sorry to hear of your experience and would ask that you call Oricom Support again and request the support manager who will be able to troubleshoot with you and assist. All the best Oricom Baby Care.

JLD

Hi Oricom, thank you for your automated response that did nothing to solve my problem, Will be taking further action now

Unhappy mummy

Unhappy mummySydney, NSW

Have now had this monitor for 4 years and still use it.

The camera is great, the audio is quite good, a little muffled at times. I had to replace unit twice initially due to problems but Oricom were extremely helpful and quick to replace it. Very easy to set up and use. Highly recommended!!

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and we appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Amber

AmberGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great features. Drops out too easily

This monitor and cameras have great features and are very easy to use.
However:
-I wish you could turn the sound down more.
-I wish you could lower the brightness further.
-it drives me crazy as it constantly drops out from the second camera. When it drops out, the monitor makes a loud beep. This can happen anytime and is especially annoying if it’s the middle of the night or if I’m in the baby’s room trying to get him back to sleep. I have had the camera replaced and it didn’t fix anything.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting.

Naomi R.

Naomi R.Perth, WA

Great functions, if only it worked

I bought this monitor several months ago from baby bunting. It has loads of extra features which is why we bought it. The first monitor however had issues with battery life, within the first week the battery would only last 1.5 hours when fully charged. Also despite the advertised long range, the monitor would drop out in the next room. I returned to baby bunting who replaced the monitor with a new one. When I moved my son to his own room a few months later, we started to use the monitor at night however the night vision was very poor, completely black screen. Also the cry alerts didn't work. I again returned to baby bunting for a credit note and got a different brand monitor altogether.

Purchased in December 2018 at Baby bunting for $289.00.

Unfortunately constant faults

I got this unit and we loved it and its features, based on that I would have recommended it. after about 7 months the battery started running out when not on charger after about 45 mins.. doesnt work for babies that nap longer than taht. Oricom was awesome and replaced. Unfortunately the second unit is about 4 months old and the max time is about two hours now, and it has progressively gotten worse and I fear this will continue to get worse still. We go to bed minimum 3 hours before bub so we are having to bring charger into lounge, tad annoying. Iv contemplated returning again but truly who can be bothered knowing it will likely happen again. Have recommended to people asking me what I use to perhaps try something else unfortunately.

Could be better

Purchased the camera monitor set and then a second camera and the range for the camera isn't very good. The battery life only lasts for a max of 3 hours on my monitor before having to put on charge. Needs to be updated so you can turn the camera on wirelessly, so if you have a power outage, you don't have to go into the sleeping child's room to turn camera back on or it should have a battery back up in this situation.
Also the light show burns out and colours fade extremely quick which is annoying when your child likes watching it when going to bed and doesn't work properly.
It does the job, but not too happy with the price I paid for what I got.

Purchased in December 2017 for $480.00.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Sarah-Jane, thanks for the message. We appreciate the review and feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Nadine Muller

Nadine MullerSouth East Queensland, QLD

We love our monitor! It's a must-have!

We cannot be more pleased with our Oricom Secure 870 Touchscreen Monitor! We particularly love the high quality across screen visual and the ability to tilt camera to better view where required. The features it boasts are second to none, our favourite being the starry light show and array of lullabies which our little one loves! The parent talk back feature is very handy during sleep training as well as the room temperature which we've found incredibly helpful this winter! Super reliable machine, took only moments to set up, we couldn't be more satisfied! :)

Purchased in July 2019.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Nadine, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Claudia HCanberra

Beeping driving us mad

The best features about the monitor are the extras like lullabies, nightlight and lightshow but it’s all majorly let down by how hopeless the range is. We have had the monitor beeping ‘link lost’ at us every night for weeks (in a relatively small space) and we have no choice but to buy another monitor after the Oricom troubleshooting support had no answers for us. The battery life is also average. Avoid this monitor and get one with a much more reliable range.

Purchased for $300.00.

Claudia H

As you can see from my review I did just that and unfortunately they couldn’t seem to help at all.

mlfosterHunter Region, NSW

Terrible battery

Monitor is 18 months old and since about 1yr, the battery lasts maybe 15min, definitely not the 6.5hr specified on the website. Phone care to enquire and was told the battery isn’t covered in the 3 year warranty and a new battery would be $50. So this may cost you on average $50 per year to upkeep. Wouldn’t reccomend for a $350 monitor!

Purchased in November 2017 at Baby Bunting.

mlfoster

Yes, so what you're saying is, if used every night which is what it's designed for, the battery will need to be replaced about every 12 months. Terrible design for one of the most expensive monitors on the market!

Chris J.

Chris J.South East Queensland, QLD

Faulty! Randomly plays music & turns light on.

It randomly plays music and turns the light on & off. Not what you want when you have a sleeping baby!! Worked great for 6-7 months but now it’s too faulty to use. The battery life is also terrible. For the price I’d expect better. Disappointed.

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Chris, thanks for the message. Could you please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Tanya H.

Tanya H.asked

Hi, I have had my oricom sc870 for several months now with no issues until I paired a second camera. Now my original camera is constantly dropping out of range which when you just get to bed to sleep after being awake with a newborn and the alarm beeps its causing me some significant stress!!

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Tanya, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and for this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Sarah

Sarahasked

Hi, I have been using my oricome 870 for the 6 months since my baby has been born and the parent piece constantly loses charge. I keep the charge base in our room where it sits over night and when the baby is awake but if he's asleep during the day I like to have if close but I doesn't even last two hours! I just feel for 6 months use this is not good enough especially since it's been happening from about 3 months of age. Can you please advise on why this is happening?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Sarah, thanks for the message. We would love to look into this for you, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Stephanie

Stephanieasked

Hi there, Ive recently bought the additional camera to monitor a second child. However, we can only hear one room at once. I would assume there is a way to hear both, otherwise whats the point of having a second camera if you cant hear and wouldnt get woken up from the second room noise? how do you set it up to hear both rooms at once?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Stephanie, thanks for the message. Having both audio come through the parent unit at once would make the sound indistinguishable from one another. We would love to discuss your options in how to set the unit up for optimal use with multi cameras, so please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives