Oricom Secure895 5" Video Baby Monitor

Oricom Secure895 5" Video Baby Monitor Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

MPN: SC895

30 questions from our users

Paige B.asked

Hello! Does this monitor go into sleep mode with 2 cameras?
I have the 850 and love the VOX function where it goes to sleep if there’s no noise or movement but need to add another camera and have been told it constantly scans (and always lit up). Does this one allow you to have 2 cameras and light up to the particular room that there is noise or movement?
Also does it display the 2 cameras on the screen at once, or do you have to move between cameras yourself?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Paige, thanks for the message. Regarding the VOX functionality in multi camera mode on the SC895, this works the same as you have described on the Secure850. The Secure895 does not include split screen mode, rather it utilises the scan cycle. The Secure870 however, has a multi camera view, and the features of this model can be viewed on the link below. We hope that helps! All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Paige B.

Thank you for the response.
Does the 870 go into sleep mode when there is no noise or movement in the kids rooms?
Or does the 895 go into sleep mode (screen going black) then light up when movement or noise is detected or is it always lit up?
Obviously it’s a big expense buying a new monitor and 2 cameras so just want to make sure I get one that has the functions we need as no stores have them setup to test.
Thanks!

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Paige, the SC870 and SC895 will be lit up when multiple cameras are connected. VOX does not work in the same way when multi cameras are connected. If you would like to speak to someone, then please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Oricom BabySense7 Breathing Movement Monitor

Looking for Baby Monitors?

Read the reviews for Oricom BabySense7 Breathing Movement Monitor

Ad
johnathanjia1225

johnathanjia1225asked

Thought to ask a question before leaving a negative comment. We woke up in the morning and found the parent unit screen is frozen! Received a replacement but same issues keep annoying us. We wouldn’t know if something happened to the baby next door whilst the unit is frozen and everyone were asleep. Isn’t the parent unit supposed to be turned on overnight??

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. For this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team would love to discuss what is happening and work with you to provide a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Sallyasked

Can you turn the lights off on the parent unit? They continue to flash up the side.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Sally, thanks for the message. There is no way to have the sound sensitive light display turned off. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Kahli V.

Kahli V.asked

I recently purchased this monitor, and the lullabies/ white noise / vacuum setting all play the same song.... not white noise at all. Is there some way to do a factory reset to fix this? Or do I need to return it as faulty?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Kahli, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to assist in working this out with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Christine P.

Christine P.asked

When you have more than 1 camera hooked up to the monitor, does the parent unit remain active at all times or does it black out when there is no noise/activity in the two babies rooms?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. Yes, when in multi camera mode, the screen is active and the VOX feature does not work the same as when in single camera mode. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Jesse

Jesseasked

I have an Oricom secure895. What are the colours that light up on the left hand side of the parent monitor. It seems to relate to noise but there is no information in the booklet that came with the unit

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jesse, thanks for the message. The lights on the side of the unit indicate the level of audio detected from the microphone on the camera unit. If volume is low, the sound sensitive display will indicate the level coming from the nursery. All the best, Oricom Baby Care,

Sally

Can you turn these flashing lights off at all?

Oricom BabySense7 Breathing Movement Monitor

Looking for Baby Monitors?

Read the reviews for Oricom BabySense7 Breathing Movement Monitor

Ad
Big Daddy

Big Daddyasked

I recently brought this unit and it is very limited with the amount of angle that is provided facing down , am I able to buy a cs870 camera and pair it with this unit

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. The CU710 and CU850PT are the only compatible cameras with the Secure850. The CU870 will not connect. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Aloema I.

Aloema I.asked

Are you able to mount the camera to the wall or a shelf?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Aloema, the SC895 camera can be mounted on the wall, or we would also recommend mounting the camera unit on a piece of furniture outside of the cot. It is important to have the camera mounted outside the cot to ensure power adaptor leads are not running through the cot itself. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Lauren T

Lauren Tasked

I was wondering if this monitor uses VOX for more than one camera? I want a monitor that doesn't rely on scan mode, like the Secure710 that I have currently does.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Lauren, thanks for the question. The Secure895 utilises a scan mode feature, similar to that of the SC710. Please see the Secure870 for a touchscreen split screen parent unit. Please also feel free to give our locally based Oricom Support a call at any time to discuss. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Rebecca P.

Rebecca P.asked

I just recently brought this baby monitor and the parent unit is making a loud static noise. It happened as soon as I turned it on. The only way it disappears is if I turn the volume off. Is this normal as it’s quite loud and annoying?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Rebecca, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss with you to determine why the static is there and work to determine fault. Could you please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives