Oricom UHF088

2.7

GusC

GusCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Oricom Customer Support and Service

Purchased in July 2017 at Supercheap Auto Physical Store for A$150.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Gus, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom.

4WDPrado

4WDPradoSydney, NSW

Great product. Never had an issue with it.

Great product. A little bit bigger then I expected but works a treat. Good range with a decent antenna and easy to use. Very happy customer with my Oricom UHF088

Purchased in April 2019 at Supercheap Auto for A$180.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Squelch stuck saying all channels busy

So bought it today or I come uhf 088 mate got the same one and we tried them his clear as when no one talking me on the other hand it's constant static and the squelch knob doesn't change a thing green light always on and it says all the channels are busy have I accidently change something in setting I've been searching for a few hours found nothing

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Find out how Oricom UHF088 compares to other UHF & VHF Radios

Good radio for price but assembly lacking

Radio came with a faulty mic as the screws were loose on the cord out of the box and a lot of interference. After taking it back to SuperCheap they (Oricom) fixed under the 5 year warranty. That said it has great sound quality and all the features I need for a full din domestic uhf.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Justin

JustinSydney

Oricom uhf050

Iv had a uhf050 since 2011 it was made in 2010 had it in i 4x4 sold vehicle removed unit same day put it in my glove box of my Clubsport all hooked up not powering up at all not even hand piece power to positive cable yes blown fuse no I changed it power coming from power outlet or cigarette lighte yes
Checked everything even took unit out try running on bench nothing
Any suggestions would be helpful
Call or text with suggestion

Date PurchasedMar 2011

Not Good for Selective Channel Scanning or anything else really!!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Live in Hope

We were a bit concerned when the salesman at Supercheap made sure we understood to keep the receipt if any problems. Installed the higher end aerial that they stocked. The electrical side to unit is about to be fitted by a professional, I hope it works as good as the one review said.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Transmitting and receiving

Date PurchasedJan 2010

Tomcanterbury, 8062, NZ

No Modulation

Brought my UHF088 cb Radio last week from Supercheap Auto, strange, could hear my self on my scanner, phoned a friend 5 km away, he could hear the carrier wave from the microphone, but no voice.
Took the basic unit, set, power cord, and microphone back to Supercheap this morning September 15th, They were going to contact the Supplier up in Auckland, Maybe a repair job, or replacement
Great on receive
No Modulation

David Imoda

David ImodaBrisbane

You get what you pay for

Not a real good radio at all, mine is only 6 months old never had great reception it has a lot of noise most of the time, 2 weeks a go it stopped transmitting, it still receives but no transmit, i have had enough time to move on spend a little more and get something reputable.
inexpensive
poor quality, bad reception

Greg Riggs

Greg RiggsWingham

Excellent Value Radio

Firstly I have had CB radios for 35 years and I purchased this radio and installed it myself, I used a quality 970mm 6.6Dbi Well known ground independent fibreglass whip Antenna because I live in the bush and hilly area and I could not ask for a better radio in this range, TX out to 20klm's not a problem, RX even further, I suggest people use a good quality antenna, length is not always the best, The radio has nice tone and good features, well done Oricom, I recommend this radio to anyone after an 80 channel UHF CB Radio, a lot of the time people only tell you if there not happy, take it from me these radios are worth a look.
Features, Tone, easy to view controls and display, excellent RX/TX

braden

bradenadelaide

not that great

bought this item due to its price and din size fitting in my patrol nicely but reception was horible sound was horrilble and half the time you turn it on the screen went all crazy and didnt work propeerly for ever turning it on and off for it to come good again i would not recommend this product at all
size, looks, solid
everything

Don

Don

Poor quality - avoid

The unit suffers from very poor transmission and reception. Tried with another antennae and even in another car, same issues. Borrowed another brand, no problems with either antennae. I would very strongly recommend paying a few dollars more and avoid this brand. Lack of support and staff need training in their statutory requirements.

Steve

SteveBrisbane

Great after sales service

Sounds like alot of other users have problems with their base, leads and/or aerials. Quality connections and soldering are fundamentals of radio communications. Had probs with my mic after 11mths of heavy, daily use - replaced with a new 1 no questions asked! It performs just as well as the 40 channel GME TX3440 & Uniden's uh095sx fitted in the same vehicle.
After sales service
Rotary dial for squelch, little flimsy

OK

I have had my UHF88 for about a year and it is fine if I am communicating with a car immediately in front or immediately behind. Otherwise the communications seems to cut in and out. Has been like this since new.
I am not sure if this is normal but I would say the squelch is too touchy. I turn it about 3mm and it cuts everyone out. Maybe it just needs adjusting? (Not sure if this can be done?)
Otherwise, talking to the car in front and behind is fine.
Well priced. Full of features and could not ask for any more.
Squelch far to sensitive. (Or faulty?)

Very Good, for the price

I picked my unit up from a sale at Repco to upgrade to the new 80 channel UHF system.
Less than $200 it was easy to install and I have not had any issues.
Very well featured for the price, 60 extra channels to receive on.
Range and volume seem to be similar to my GME that was replaced.
Price for features the best I could see

Alan30

Alan30Perth

Probably the worst radio I have come accross

This radio is "deaf". I have tried it with 4 different antenna installations, all of which work well with other UHF CB radios, but this one has extremely poor reception performance. Even hand held units inside the vehicle way out perform this unit, including a new 80 channel handheld and a 40 channel handheld. Both of these, when connected to the 088's antenna, work flawlessly.
Looks quite solid.
Very poor receiver.

Tech SupportOricom

Thank you for your valued feedback. We are very sorry to hear of your issues with the Oricom UHF088. We would like the opportunity to help resolve your concerns. Please contact our Service Manager directly keithdix@oricom.com.au or 1300 889 785.

GanG
GanG

Worst UHF iv come across

This radio is no good at all. Was in my ute for less than a month before it stuffed up. I can not talk with anyone and I can hear mates who were in a ute behind me. It has been sent off to oricom for repair. After reading all the reviews I wish I had of got something more well known

Will not recive and sending is very quiet

G Clarke

G ClarkeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very poor example of a UHF Radio -model 088

rob 152
rob 152

where can i get the wiring for my oricom uhf

Jeremy P.

Jeremy P.asked

Hi, I have a 4200 unit around two weeks old and initially it seemed to work fine but now I can hear (receive) but no one can hear me, there is a audible noise when I push the PTT button heard on other devices (our hand held units) but no voice is heard, almost like the mic is not picking up the voice. Any Ideas??
Cheers
Jez

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jez, thanks for the message. Sorry to hear of your recent experience. For this, we would recommend you give our locally based Oricom Support team a call 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST as the team will be able to troubleshoot with you. All the best, Oricom.

ralph

ralphasked

Can I get a new complete mic if so how much

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Ralph, the mic can be purchased on the below link:

All the best, Oricom.

Chris B.

Chris B.asked

I have a oricom uhf088 bought in 2013. Can receive but not transmit everything works on microphone. Everything is fine inside. There is no ICON on screen when I press triger

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Chris, thanks for the message. For this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives