Oricom UHF180

Oricom UHF180

Not Happy Jan

Have read the hand book back to front, and have reset this many times but the squelch ( CTSS) is on all channels .
It just drives you mad................then when you turn it off, you cannot receive. Have gone to the trouble lately to even buy a matched aerial.......

Marlene S.Oricom
Clarrie

I have tried page 29 and done that !!!!!! and it is no longer in the vehicle.

GanGWangaratta

A solid unit

I have owned this radio for 6 months now, and have extensive experience with may of the big name consumer brands. the radio does everything it was meant to do,it is solidly made and feels robust. I had a minor issue with a missing part and the company bent over backwards to remedy the situation.
compact size and tidy installation, solidly constructed, full featured for its size and competitve price point.
CTSS operates on all chanels or none, group scan is not intuitive to use, the additional 200 scan only chanels are fiddly to access.

Spiro R.

Spiro R.asked

For the fucken freaking Radio 4 years ago never had a headache in my fucken life I got vertex I got Phillips I have my Philips was fucken better than this s*** and also 25 what's the fucken s*** this radio is I bought the radio brand new the fuse box is broken I go the Repco and I said I deal with your company I tried to fucken do the channels I got nothing what up fucken driven more on radio ever design this one I never fucken by this radio again or any of your products what are latter s*** wouldn't recommend it to anyone I repair radios for f*** at 30 years and I've never come across a s*** radio like this can't even get it's fucken 40 channels 40 your duplex on 40 how the f*** do you get duplex on 40 I can't understand this radio needs to be reprogrammed by the manufacturer my email

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Spiro, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to discuss with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm AEST as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

FlowersalesSUCK

FlowersalesSUCKasked

How to set a group scan of one or 2 channels .. ideally i want to listen to (scan) channel 40 while in convoy while we chat on another channel

GanG

No longer own the car with the radio in it sorry......you can definitely set up a closed loop scan on it, I just dont recall the process now.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. For this one, there are a few options below:

Instant channel scan; You can program the channels into instant channel scan (page 17 UG)

Instant Channel Scan
During Open Scan press and hold SC/MEM button to start Instant Scan, only the channels programmed in the instant channel buttons with 'M' set will be scanned. To stop scan press the SC/MEM button or Push PTT.

Or insert the channels into a priority scan (page 17 UG)

Priority Scan
With Scan the Radio scans for activity, but in addition, it also inserts your Priority Channel into the scan sequence. This means that your Priority Channel will be monitored regularly while scanning to ensure that no calls are missed. Any signals received on your Priority Channel will take precedence over any signals received on the other channels.

You can also remove all channels from open scan and only include the channels you want to scan. You would need to remove all channels from the memory and only add the two you want to scan. (page 17 UG)

Memory On/Off
Push and hold the SC/MEM button for 2 seconds, "M" will appear above the selected channel. Press SC/MEM button to remove scan memory from the selected open scan mode.

If you continue to experience any difficulty with this, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

trav

travasked

how do you save a preset channel, say 15, so that when you turn the car on, its automatically on 15 ?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Trav, thanks for the message. The radio should retain the channel memory, so we suspect this could have something to do with the way the radio is wired in the vehicle. For this one, we would recommend that you give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in rectifying this with you. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryUHF Radios