Oricom UHF5500 2 Handset

Oricom UHF5500 2 Handset

UHF 5500 keeps turning off

Hello I brought two of these units brand new in the box which where both opened last week
One radio works spot on and the other keeps turning off as soon as you power it up
I tried to swap batteries and both units work so it's not the unit it's the battery
What is weird is that if you hold the Tx button on whilst you power up it will stay on but this causes the unit to cycle through its test or icon screen
If you try to power off and turn it back on so you can use it it will turn off immediately

Regards
Michael

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Marlene S.Oricom

Hello Michael, we are sorry to hear you have a faulty battery on your UHF5500. Please give our support team a call on 1300 889 785 and they will arrange to send you a new battery. All the best Oricom UHF CB

Michael S
Michael S

Hello I'm currently overseas not due back until 19th May Would this still be ok to claim for warranty.
Ps I tried to call 1300 number but doesn't work from bali.

Marlene S.Oricom

Hi Michael, enjoy your trip to Bali! GIve us a call when you return on the 19th May. Thanks.

Great way to communicate

My son loves his new way to talk to us while he has been stuck in the hospital for his cancer treatment. They work well between the hospital and the Ronald McDonald house. It allows us to keep in touch. They are very user friendly, light and compact. Thank you oricom

Date PurchasedSep 2016

UHF 5500 works well

Last month, I bought a pair of UHF 5500 handhelds, used them during our trip down south WA and they work perfectly well...although they're small in size really compact, compared to other hand helds, the 5 watt power output still provided excellent reception especially on distances. So far my experience with this model is good. Can't complain this time, and still trying to assess how's the lifespan of the batteries.

Edawg

Edawgasked

Just purchased a bundle of UHF5500 with the ANU1200, recommended by one of your state managers.
My question is, is this an overkill or non-practical?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. Glad to hear you have got your hands on some great Oricom products, and depending on the application, this is by no means an overkill. Some people prefer the handheld radios whereas others might go for a fixed mount radio. It really depends on where you are going and personal preference and the type of terrain you are travelling in. All the best, Oricom.

Stubs

Stubsasked

I bought two and on one it is stuck displaying -80 and continuously displays menu options flashing on LCD. It will not transmit or receive even on ch 80. Is there a way I can fix this or is the unit faulty?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. Sorry to hear of the issue you are currently experiencing with your UHF5500, and for this one, we recommend checking that no buttons are stuck down, and try a reset. To reset, press and hold Monitor and power on. “Reset” will appear in the display and the radio will then return to standby mode. If you continue to have an issue with your UHF5500 and believe the unit to be faulty, please call our dedicated Customer Support Team on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to assist in working with you towards a solution. All the best, Oricom.

Arielasked

Could this be used for hilly forest terrain with sometimes no line of sight ?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Ariel, thanks for the message. For this one, UHF CB handhelds work on line of sight because of the smaller size of the antenna. We would not recommend using the product in a hilly/forest terrain where there is minimal line of sight as you will experience issues communicating effectively, as smaller handhelds wont be efficient in this terrain. Thanks and all the best, Oricom.

Ariel

Thank you, would you recommend another solution?

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryUHF Radios