Oricon Secure 710

Excellent Easy-to-Use Baby Monitor from a trusted brand.

I had done a lot of research prior to purchasing the Oricom Secure 710 as I wanted to make sure I was happy with something I would be using on a daily basis.

I finally settled on the 710 due to the price and the number of functions it had that was important to me.

Key functions I love:
- the video image is very clear. Screen size is more than adequate for seeing baby.
- night vision video is extremely clear even in a pitch black room
- thermometer allows me to see how hot or cold the room is without having to go inside to readjust blankets.
- clarity of sound. The monitor can pick up the smallest sound my baby makes.
- sound bar which indicates how loudly my baby is crying even if I have the volume on mute.
- vibrate function where the parent unit will vibrate if baby is crying loudly and sound bar is in the red. Useful if volume is on mute but you still want to be alerted if baby is crying.

Other functions which I’ve used occasionally include: zoom function, lullaby, night light, VOX mode. Range is quite good and have not dropped out however I haven’t had to use the monitor past 10 meters.

Parent unit can either sit in the charging cradle or use the belt clip which 1) allows the unit to be clipped onto your clothes and 2) allows the unit to stand on your table as the clip can spin around and acts as a ‘leg’.

Baby monitor comes with just a stand. It would be better if there was a clip which would allow me to clip the baby monitor onto a shelf or ledge but luckily the monitor is quite light so I’ve just used blue tak to stick the monitor where I need it. Just ensure monitor is not near baby in case it falls :) If you are handy you can install a small nail to hook the monitor onto.

Overall I would definitely recommend this unit if you are in the market for a new baby monitor. Oricom is a well known brand and their customer service is excellent when I had to contact them for a replacement part.

Purchased in July 2019 at Gadget City Online store for $157.00.

Functionality
Connectivity / Reliability
Audio Quality
Video Quality
Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the review. We are so glad to hear of your experience with the product and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Bargain of a baby cam!

Great priced baby monitor, with a video feature you are able
To watch your little one with ease :)
It even tells you the temp of the room! I’ve used this with both my kids and it’s lasted the whole time! We are still
Using it and works perfect

Purchased in January 2016 at Baby Bunting for $139.00.

Functionality
Connectivity / Reliability
Audio Quality
Video Quality
Battery Life
Hi Alex, thanks for the review. We are glad to hear of your experience and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Very happy!

Great functions available with zoom, temperature, music and talk function. Easy to add more monitors as you need to. Minimal issues with range. Would recommend this monitor and camera.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.