Origin Energy

• Rates and Fees

Never Again
Never AgainGold Coast

Thiefs

After signing up with origin energy, I was sent an email a month later stating that my rates were moving up from 31.291 to 38.159, plus all other charges went up by a similar amount. Then, 3 months later, my Solar feed has been dropped from 7 to 5. Unfortunately, because of my foolishness in trusting of Origin, I signed a 12 month contract that I can't get out of.
I have marked in my calendar the date the contract expires, and I will be moving to another supplier who is more trustworthy and with NO 12 month contracts
A very disappointed customer of Origin Energy

Theives

I have recently moved to a new address, I was preparing the property to be rented. I had not spent much time at the property due to not living there any more and time restraints in preparing the property. Yet the bill I had received whilst the home was practically vacant was dearer than when I was living a the home. I requested a meter reading as I was advised the bill was an estimate. The new notice came through advising the meter reading was even greater than the previous usage, and they were doing me a favour by not charging me the extra. They don't get it, how is the usage greater compared when I was living there to when the property is vacant!!!! Taking this further.... Treatment is totally un Australian...

Jason R

Thanks, I have forwarded the necessary documentation as per request. Regards Jason R.

Nicole
NicoleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excuses why origin will not refund a solar credit

Find out how Origin Energy compares to other Energy Providers

WORST COMPANY - STAY AWAY - POOR SERVICE - 6 Months waiting and meter reading not updated and keep sending me bills

They send me bill with incorrect hot water meter reading around 6 months ago. I have send meter reading pictures so many time, called so many time, but they always say they are fixing the issue but no update yet. they didn't even bother to update the reading of meter and keep sending me WRONG bills . WORST company ever dealt with.

Rates and Fees
Mark K.
Mark K.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Avoid

Stay away, I signed up to a solar plan.. Logged into my account and realised my solar was not connected. Rang them up and questioned them about issue, they told me I had to fill in a Supply Chain Form which wasn't mentioned when I originally signed up. So had been charged high rates with no solar benefits or tariffs. Lucky I was only with them for a short time and checked my account or I would of received a big nasty bill. Avoid these scammers, I now understand why they have such a low star rating.

ServicesSolar Buy-Back

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Worst company I have ever dealt with!!

Only 1 star as I can’t do no stars!!! Signed up for broadband.. which hasn’t worked since I connected it! Been trying to solve it which their only solution was to up my plan to a more expensive one! Won’t let me Cancel without paying $300 to disconnect something that doesn’t work, and also won’t give any discounts on the bill for the nearly month I have been paying. So paying full price for internet that doesn’t work, being told it’s my fault it doesn’t work. Do not sign with this company they are absolutely disgusting!!!

Grant Proctor
Grant ProctorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking Energy provider

Donna
DonnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Origin Energy Virtual Solar Plant

Truthteller
TruthtellerSydney Surrounds, NSW

Just found a message I owe $250.26 but I don't owe anything.

Just found a message I owe $250.26 but I don't owe anything and looking at my bill I paid (it's pending) it's for $125.13.

So the message doubled it and says it's overdue even though my account says there's still 10 days left until it's due.

It's for Natural Gas.

This and taking such a long time to connect me to the Natural Gas has made me wish I hadn't signed up with Origin.

This is my first bill from them too and my payment history, bill history and account statement shows this.

Really pathetic.

Jeff
JeffNorth Queensland, QLD

Always use alternative supplier if available

I am charged for hot water not received and have a very high blanket charge for auxiliary gas which is not metered. Also have been charged $25 late fee which has to be described as a fine as it is so high and only the Government is allowed to fine people

Rates and Fees
ServicesElectricity and Gas
Simon
SimonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Check cost details

Check cost details in any communication, email or voice. Mine had the total usage the same as the peak usage wthout the control load usage in the total but are going to put me on plan that according to their email is 14% off the government reference price but is actually 20% dearer.

martyn.kum055
martyn.kum055Sydney, NSW

Customer service is the worst

I was looking for a no star .. customer service and billing department is pathetic ...never go for this service provider. I was billed for power which I didn't use. Spent almost 3 hours across multiple calls with customer care . Still I'm disputing ...

Origin E.Origin

Hi Martyn, thanks for reaching out. That sounds a bit strange to me. If you would like to send us your account details we can have it investigated further. Can you please email supportsocial@originenergy.com.au. Thanks - Kylie.

LewiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Service

Horrible customer service

Energy Australia customer services is “ you didn’t open the door for Jemena . That is why they can’t read your meters” for the god sake, in 2021, telecommunications lines will read the meters. Origin customer service , I said I want to talk to complain department, they said I could help you and after you complain , he said sorry. I am sales. I am not sure why you talk to me all of these. Or after you said hot water usage can’t be calculated by cooking gas usage. They said oh, we are not doing hot water and we only deal with gas. Or they will say hot water and gas meters are same system and connected to each other. That is why we calculate together. Well, if you want to experience these. Please choose energy Australian and origin

Victor LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unbelievably Unreliable

We have been with them for years but for the last six months, the delivery system is unreliable. They texted for next day delivery but then they change to next day. They texted again that the delivery has been rescheduled for following day. Called service centre but one one seem to know what was going on and could not provide any answers to why it was rescheduled and could not track
the delivery driver. They said to follow the Link on text message but there was no link. In one word, HOPELESS.

ServicesGas
Victor L

All we are after is delivery as scheduled because we all work and try not to keep our dogs in a confined space for too long. Very often the delivery was cancelled and rescheduled the next day, it is simply not good enough.

Bill W
Bill Wasked

I have just received the most bizarre and incomprehensible invoice with adjustments going back over the past year and barely an explanation as to why the changes have been made or if there’s been an error. All my previous accounts must have been wrong apparently due to “interval reads adjusted” . All made worse for me because I’ve declined buying a battery based on analysis of the last years accounts. Somethings amiss and Origins communication isn’t clear, smacks of trying to quietly resolve past errors. So frustrating and I have no avenue to lodge a complaint, I am just prompted to ring to speak to a “ friendly customer service “ and I know they’ve been trained to bat away responsibility. I’d like to see the origin management ( GM retail who signed off on the brief explanation ) actually explain my extensive bill. Cheers from a very frustrated customer (rarely complain but when it feels like I’m being misled I have to raise it) . Bill W

Oldsalt
Oldsaltasked

Recently advised of an increase to your gas! A few days later advised of a decrease of your electricity. The gas increase is greed and your alleged reduction in power is a magicians trick! You reduce power a cent and then reduce the solar feed in tariff a couple of cents whilst at the same time increase the daily charge, yea power went down, but everything else went up! You must think your customers are idiots!!!

Darren G.
Darren G.asked

Why after having Intellihub metering on behalf of origin confirm that my solar is in fact sending almost triple the amount of power that I have used back to the grid but my app still shows zero feedback.
Why is it when I call origin day after day I can never speak to the person in charge of my case.
Why didn’t I get my solar installed by Bobs backyard solar installation, I believe a back yard job would be more professional than what I am receiving from the so called energy experts that are currently taking my money.

miranda k.
miranda k.

Because they choose to think their customers are idiots and would settle for a mediocre service. I have transferred to a community based service with great reviews and ratings. Not the 1.9 ratings this circus has. Dump this awful service.

Get an answer from our members and Origin representatives

CategoryEnergy Providers