Origin Energy

BarbaraBrisbane

Check proposed new contracts

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Origin E.Origin

Hi Barbara, we're disappointed to hear about your experience and thanks for the feedback. Please email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au, in case you had any further questions, and we'll be happy to help. Thanks - Sneha.

Tim
TimWollongong

Origin Spike hour

Origin E.Origin

Hi Tim, thank you for your feedback and we certainly hear you. So that we can look into this further, please copy an above message and email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au, along with your account info. Thanks - Sneha.

Joe T.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Loyalty Does Not Pay, Keep On Top of the Changes on your accounts

Unfortunately I did not notice the Solar boost plan I originally entered into with Origin Energy automatically reverted to basic plan after 12 months, which meant the original 18cents solar feed in went to 8cents solar feed in, I questioned why this occurred, why was I not rolled over into the Solar Boost Plan, Origin Energy stated I needed to inform them I wanted to continue the Solar Boost plan with new rate of 15cents feed in. Origin Energy I would suggest that you show more common sense in the future than automatically assuming I would be better off being paid a lot less on the Solar Feed In, Outrageous!

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Origin E.Origin

Hi Joe, we're sorry to hear this. So that we can see the best plan available for your property, please email us this comment along with your account details and phone number at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au. Thanks - Sneha.

Joe T.

Thanks for your message, I have already arranged to move all my accounts to AGL

White Middle-Aged Male
White Middle-Aged MaleCanberra 2600, ACT

Why can't Origin just stick to their own course of action as stated on my bill? why the cash grab before Christmas?

ServicesGas
SLC2283Hunter Region, NSW

Deceptive communication and information on renewal

SLC2283

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Ozzie1962
Ozzie1962Gosford

Energy Costs

Origin Energy,

I have found them to be expensive and uncompetitive. Overall service can be very hit and miss (depends on the call centre representative). I have now moved to another provider and could not be happier.

Origin E.Origin

Hi Ozzie, we're disappointed that your experience with our service was up and down and that you've decided to change providers. We wish you all the best and hope you'll consider giving us another chance again in the future. Thanks - Vanessa.

Corey
CoreyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Of shore call centre poor English

Poor service long waiting times on the phone transferred to of shore call centre in the Philippines staff with poor English unwilling to help if your on a payment plan pay few days late they take you of the plan staff are rude insensitive to people needs. The Australian manager is so rude and aggressive.

solar boost feed in 20 cents kWh

I was not told by the consultant prior to taking on plan about the following and did not know the following was to occur until I received my first account from them so just to let anyone know if you are considering the solar boost at 20 cents kWh be aware it is capped at 8kWh per day feed-in it then reverts to 10 cents kWh feed-in ,so the calculation is 8 kWh by number of days . for example 8kWh by 90 days = 720 kWh anything above this over that period is paid at 10 cents kWh , there are better deals out there if you produce over 8 kWh per day .Some of these companies appear to try and confuse us . I decided to take my business to another supplier where the feed in is at 18 cents for all kWh no cap with similar or better rates

DRS1
DRS1
Vik
VikMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Solar connection: loss of 2 month credits

Find out how Origin Energy compares to other Energy Providers

First bill thru the roof

First bill after moving into a new rental. One would think my power bills would be lower with gas for hot water ( gas bottles) . Well they are twice the amount. Not happy

ServicesElectricity
Origin E.Origin

We're sorry to hear of the higher than expected bill you've received and we'd like to take a look over that with you. Please email us with this review, your account and contact details to supportsocial@originenergy.com.au. Thanks - Vanessa.

smokCentral Queensland, QLD

What customer service? Pfft non existent.

BSA123
BSA123

Want a better deal from Origin? Try this

Been with Origin for electricity for years now. I called them a few days ago to get a better deal, which they provided me and mentioned that was the best deal they can do and I renewed my contract with them.

Started doing my own research and signed up with Clickenergy a day later as they had a better rates.

Origin calls me a day later only to give me a better deal then clickenegry and credit to keep me their Customer. Happy and frustrated at the same as why they couldn’t give me the same deal couple of days before that when I called them.

So if you are trying to get better deal from Origin, try this way. Giving two stars as Origin could have giving me the same deal on my first call rather me wasting my time.

lynda k.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor billing origin lpg

lynda k.

It was all sorted and charges were sorted
Thankyou

Origin E.Origin

So glad to hear this, Lynda. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to get to the bottom of this for you. Take care - Jen.

Stay away! A mission to leave as well

Been with them for years. This time when my plans were coming to an end no discounts offered to renew with them again. Decided to do some quotes on other providers. Realised origin is so expensive unless they are giving you are discount. Decided to switch to another provider. Then I get a million phone calls offering me all these discounts. Too little to late sorry! They even put a note on my file saying I wanted to stay with them. Not true! Stay away!

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Jane
JaneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

An app that has technical problem frequently. How is tracking and billing be reliable then?

Bill W
Bill Wasked

I have just received the most bizarre and incomprehensible invoice with adjustments going back over the past year and barely an explanation as to why the changes have been made or if there’s been an error. All my previous accounts must have been wrong apparently due to “interval reads adjusted” . All made worse for me because I’ve declined buying a battery based on analysis of the last years accounts. Somethings amiss and Origins communication isn’t clear, smacks of trying to quietly resolve past errors. So frustrating and I have no avenue to lodge a complaint, I am just prompted to ring to speak to a “ friendly customer service “ and I know they’ve been trained to bat away responsibility. I’d like to see the origin management ( GM retail who signed off on the brief explanation ) actually explain my extensive bill. Cheers from a very frustrated customer (rarely complain but when it feels like I’m being misled I have to raise it) . Bill W

Oldsalt
Oldsaltasked

Recently advised of an increase to your gas! A few days later advised of a decrease of your electricity. The gas increase is greed and your alleged reduction in power is a magicians trick! You reduce power a cent and then reduce the solar feed in tariff a couple of cents whilst at the same time increase the daily charge, yea power went down, but everything else went up! You must think your customers are idiots!!!

Darren G.
Darren G.asked

Why after having Intellihub metering on behalf of origin confirm that my solar is in fact sending almost triple the amount of power that I have used back to the grid but my app still shows zero feedback.
Why is it when I call origin day after day I can never speak to the person in charge of my case.
Why didn’t I get my solar installed by Bobs backyard solar installation, I believe a back yard job would be more professional than what I am receiving from the so called energy experts that are currently taking my money.

miranda k.
miranda k.

Because they choose to think their customers are idiots and would settle for a mediocre service. I have transferred to a community based service with great reviews and ratings. Not the 1.9 ratings this circus has. Dump this awful service.

Get an answer from our members and Origin representatives

CategoryEnergy Providers