Origin Energy

• Rates and Fees

Devil is in the detail

Received an email from Origin that our electricity usage price had dropped.
Indeed it had, except the Supply charge had gone up by more than the other had dropped.
And to further feather the Origin nest, because “usage price had dropped” solar feedin Tariff also dropped, meaning a approx increase in our charges by $50 a quarter.
So much for cost saving.
Misleading email Origin.
5 stars to Etka staff member though, for fabulous service.
Pity management weren’t as thoughtful.

Direct debit setup

When storms are about we get drop outs
It's hard to get through to someone to answer any questions that I need the answers to
Need to slim down your way to get through to a person not a machine

toddmark2
toddmark2South-Eastern Region, NSW

Loyalty Counts for Nothing!

Our business has been an Origin Electricity customer for quite a number of years, and during that time have enjoyed significant discounts on each 12 month contract. The last contract provided for a 26% discount but, when it was time for renewal, the best discount offer was 12% (and even that was on a 'take it or leave it' basis). Rather than waste more time (like we had done on each of the previous years) trying to secure a discount that was readily available to the general public (19% through 9Money, and 22% through Facebook), we took our business to Energy Australia instead. If this is the way that Origin looks after its long term customers, then you would have to wonder how many it will have left in years to come.

ServicesElectricity
Origin E.Origin

Hi Todd, we're so sorry to hear that this has happened. We'd love to take a look and see what discounts are now available to you. Could you please email us your account details to supportsocial@originenergy.com.au. Thanks - Maddie.

Mikef50
Mikef50Sydney, NSW

Time to Rethink

Jake
JakeIllawarra, NSW

Dirty Tricks & Blackmail

We communicated that we do not accept the new rates and that we had moved our service to a competitor. We explained that we want this to be done immediately and that we expect to be kept on the old existing arrangements until the move was effected. They did not move us across for another two months BUT did alter our rates to our detriment by cancelling our Usage Discount (26%) which is a sort of blackmail as it would force a customer to need to stay with the supplier or cop the extreme cost penalty. One would expect an amicable departure/separation from a well known entity such as Origin Energy instead of the low level blackmail that this procedure enforces. We will not be bullied into paying more.

Origin E.Origin

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
DACSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst service I’ve ever dealt with - bills from $700 avg a quarter to $3600+ !!! Then back down to $500 next? UPDATED

Also to this,

It shows that a average of 42 people lived in my house? With the amount of usage apparently used....

ALEXMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Why Does It Take So Long To Receive My Electricity Account

Julz0_3
Julz0_3AU

They don't value loyalty

After having been with Origin for over 20 years - we now say goodbye. Despite calling to see if they can match the competition and being told simply "sorry, we can't offer anything other than the website," we are going elsewhere. Sign of the times I suppose, and about time we got with the program and took our business to the lowest bidder. Other than that, never had an issue.

Ali
AliSydney

Origin app download required and smart meters

I was looking to renew my plan with Origin Energy, however the plan that I wanted to get had a compulsory Origin app download requirement. I eventually went to a different supplier.

ServicesElectricity

Find out how Origin Energy compares to other Energy Providers

Gas bottle service ordering isn’t great but delivery man is great!

Their bottled gas services In the office/call center aren’t very good. I ordered new bottles 3 months ago but aparrently they didn’t deliver them cause they didn’t get confirmation about how many bottles. I had no calls voicemails nothing.

I have changed this review a little as when i called and re ordered and it was finally delivered. The delivery man Mathew that delivers to epping NSW was really great! He showed me how to change the pipes over to the second bottle and made sure it was ready to go. If it wasn’t for his great service and professionalism this review would still be a 1 star but thanks to him its now a 3.

Rates and Fees
Origin E.Origin

Hi Cindy, thanks for updating this to let us know and again, we're sorry for the trouble you had initially. We're glad to hear you've received your delivery now and that Mathew was helpful. Have a great day - Vanessa.

Lia
LiaNew South Wales

Hit and miss

ServicesElectricity and Gas
TraceyM
TraceyMSydney, NSW

Cheap but not always great service

We got offered a good rate that was better than our last however it was very hard to get in contact with the right person and there was a lot of back and fourth, took around a month. Customer service needs to improve

Clarrie
ClarrieNorth Queensland, QLD

LPG Billing Issues

I moved into a unit which had a LPG supply. Called Origin and was all set up. I even set up a direct debit to ensure no nasty surprises. From December to now I am yet to receive a bill even though money has been taken out of my 'in credit' account at Origin. I understand, after a number of calls, that there is an issue with the billing process. My complaint is that would it have hurt Origin to let their customers know of this issue instead of ignoring the problem. It's not the fault of those who answer the phones to take the inquiry/ complaint but information from Origin to the customer would have saved a lot of unnecessary calls to them

Subpar customer service/dispute resolution

Ben P.
Ben P.

Thank you. I have emailed back.

Serge
SergeBonython 2905, ACT

Sent me gas bill for the property where there is no gas, then they fixed it.

I received a gas bill for the property where there is no gas. Tried to contact these guys via contact form 5 times, no one called me. The representative finally contacted me and fixed the issue.

Bill W
Bill Wasked

I have just received the most bizarre and incomprehensible invoice with adjustments going back over the past year and barely an explanation as to why the changes have been made or if there’s been an error. All my previous accounts must have been wrong apparently due to “interval reads adjusted” . All made worse for me because I’ve declined buying a battery based on analysis of the last years accounts. Somethings amiss and Origins communication isn’t clear, smacks of trying to quietly resolve past errors. So frustrating and I have no avenue to lodge a complaint, I am just prompted to ring to speak to a “ friendly customer service “ and I know they’ve been trained to bat away responsibility. I’d like to see the origin management ( GM retail who signed off on the brief explanation ) actually explain my extensive bill. Cheers from a very frustrated customer (rarely complain but when it feels like I’m being misled I have to raise it) . Bill W

Oldsalt
Oldsaltasked

Recently advised of an increase to your gas! A few days later advised of a decrease of your electricity. The gas increase is greed and your alleged reduction in power is a magicians trick! You reduce power a cent and then reduce the solar feed in tariff a couple of cents whilst at the same time increase the daily charge, yea power went down, but everything else went up! You must think your customers are idiots!!!

Darren G.
Darren G.asked

Why after having Intellihub metering on behalf of origin confirm that my solar is in fact sending almost triple the amount of power that I have used back to the grid but my app still shows zero feedback.
Why is it when I call origin day after day I can never speak to the person in charge of my case.
Why didn’t I get my solar installed by Bobs backyard solar installation, I believe a back yard job would be more professional than what I am receiving from the so called energy experts that are currently taking my money.

miranda k.
miranda k.

Because they choose to think their customers are idiots and would settle for a mediocre service. I have transferred to a community based service with great reviews and ratings. Not the 1.9 ratings this circus has. Dump this awful service.

Get an answer from our members and Origin representatives

CategoryEnergy Providers