Origin Energy

• Rates and Fees

Friendly and efficient assistance

Ekta was friendly, helpful and efficient. My request to transfer an account was not too difficult for her to handle quickly. She was familiar with the company’s procedures and products, but did not apply unwanted sales pressure.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Positive
PositivePerth, WA

Great customer service - Setup of Origin Gas account

Customer service for the initial setup of my Origin Gas account was friendly, informative and professional. It would be good to have another electricity provider in WA - so I'm pleased to hear that this is in the pipeline for Origin.

Review of electricity payments

Conversion from a 100% Origin Energy Qld Energex electricity supply to a 10 KW solar powered 100% electricity supply installed by Sunny Sky Solar private contractor using 27 solar panels.

Find out how Origin Energy compares to other Energy Providers

Have been with Origin for many many years

Same plan with 1c increase in feed in tariff. Reliable power. The Origin consultant Moe, was very helpful, clear and professional- I trusted his advice. Moe is the main reason I did not bother to cost compare with other providers.

Rates and Fees
Kym Mcdonnell
Kym McdonnellMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Helpful nice man

I was charged two move out fees when I haven’t moved out
I explained this and I was refunded the charges
The man who helped me was very polite and helpful

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Very helpful and friendly service.

Very efficient service re connection of electricity.I had to cancel gas connection as owners corporation organises this.The customer service person was very helpful and friendly.Thats all if got to say.

ServicesElectricity

Simple and quick

The account rep (Abhi) was very courteous and was able to service my inquiry very efficiently. He provided all the details I was seeking and made sure that all my queries were resolved.

David
DavidMid North Coast, NSW

nbn plan changes

Tristan was very helpful with explaining the nbn plan changes to help with saving some money on my current nbn plan and then the rest of the team got me sorted with updating my nbn plan.

Origin E.Origin

We're so glad to hear you've had a great experience with Tristan and getting some great savings on your NBN. Thanks for that feedback, David. Cheers - Musti.

Satisfied customer
Satisfied customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rate review

Spoke to Zen about plan renewal. She was friendly and helpful explaining the plan Origin Go. I was happy with the discounts in the plan and renewed straight away. Thank you Zen.

Origin E.Origin

Thanks for leaving that 5-star review. We look forward to keeping you a "satisfied customer" :)

Cheers - Musti.

Adriana
Adriana Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rate review

Provided me a comparison against my current rates.
And ways to upload meter reading
He was easy to understand and pointed out the benefits of origin .
Will need to compare plan with what other providers provided to me.

ServicesGas
Origin E.Origin

We're so happy to hear you were able to get information and learn from our team about rates and meter readings, Adriana. Thanks for sharing that great feedback! Cheers - Musti.

nathan
nathanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very helpful phone staff

Phone staff were friendly and helpful. Through several minor hiccoughs during solar system install the various teams I spoke with were very helpful, including calling back with a follow up the next day.

Origin E.Origin

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Nathan, we really appreciate it. Cheers - Musti.

Donovan
DonovanSydney Surrounds, NSW

easier disconnect and connect service

Change of address was made easier by talking on the phone rather than online. Amar was very helpful. As an aged pensioner computers can be daunting so being able to communicate by phone was good.

Origin E.Origin

Thanks for sharing your amazing review, Donovan! We're so happy to make the process easier for you and make sure everything continues to be accessible. Cheers -Musti.

Ray and Janine R.
Ray and Janine R.Mid North Coast, NSW

Sounds like a good deal

Had power and LP gas connected, set up process was easy & quick. We experience power interruptions from time to time and have had quite a few of late and without power we have my water etc

An excellent consultation!

Lynda did a great job explaining the different plans for gas and electricity that were specific to my needs.She gave lots of helpful tips and advice on securing the best rates too.Unfortunately an outage prevented us from proceeding further as she couldn't access essential information.However she will follow up with me when the systems are restored.Her manner was very friendly and approachable and she took time to connect with me without rushing through the information.

Origin E.Origin

Hi, Marilyn. We're so pleased you had a great experience with us. Glad to hear Lynda was so friendly and approachable. Cheers - Musti.

Shirley
Shirley South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

I simply wanted electricity connected in the house urgently and Tristan was really helpful. He was friendly and focused on getting to know my situation and made it really easy and very fast.

ServicesElectricity
Origin E.Origin

Thanks for that 5-star review, Shirley! Glad to hear Tristan was able to help you with your urgent connection and resolving it for you in a fast and friendly manner. Cheers - Musti.

Bill W
Bill Wasked

I have just received the most bizarre and incomprehensible invoice with adjustments going back over the past year and barely an explanation as to why the changes have been made or if there’s been an error. All my previous accounts must have been wrong apparently due to “interval reads adjusted” . All made worse for me because I’ve declined buying a battery based on analysis of the last years accounts. Somethings amiss and Origins communication isn’t clear, smacks of trying to quietly resolve past errors. So frustrating and I have no avenue to lodge a complaint, I am just prompted to ring to speak to a “ friendly customer service “ and I know they’ve been trained to bat away responsibility. I’d like to see the origin management ( GM retail who signed off on the brief explanation ) actually explain my extensive bill. Cheers from a very frustrated customer (rarely complain but when it feels like I’m being misled I have to raise it) . Bill W

Oldsalt
Oldsaltasked

Recently advised of an increase to your gas! A few days later advised of a decrease of your electricity. The gas increase is greed and your alleged reduction in power is a magicians trick! You reduce power a cent and then reduce the solar feed in tariff a couple of cents whilst at the same time increase the daily charge, yea power went down, but everything else went up! You must think your customers are idiots!!!

Darren G.
Darren G.asked

Why after having Intellihub metering on behalf of origin confirm that my solar is in fact sending almost triple the amount of power that I have used back to the grid but my app still shows zero feedback.
Why is it when I call origin day after day I can never speak to the person in charge of my case.
Why didn’t I get my solar installed by Bobs backyard solar installation, I believe a back yard job would be more professional than what I am receiving from the so called energy experts that are currently taking my money.

miranda k.
miranda k.

Because they choose to think their customers are idiots and would settle for a mediocre service. I have transferred to a community based service with great reviews and ratings. Not the 1.9 ratings this circus has. Dump this awful service.

Get an answer from our members and Origin representatives

CategoryEnergy Providers