Origin Solar

Origin Solar (page 2 of 3)

1.5

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (18)
  • Purchase PriceA$6,075.00 (6)
  • Installation
Fred

FredCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Origins systems need replacing.

Installation
Warranty Claim MadeNo

HenryBrisbane

Got burnt on a Origin Solar install

Henry

Hi Everyone, just letting you know Origin got back and said the system had a good run for 7 years old and there was nothing that they could do. Would suggest looking elsewhere for solar if you’re looking for a long lasting system.

Allison

Allison

Replacing new with second hand - now another failure out of warranty

maxi12South East Queensland, QLD

New inverter $2300 lasted 6 months

Peter

PeterAdelaide

Origin Solar Total waste of Time

I purchased my solar from Origin * years ago on a 24 month plan, had to wait nearly 12 months for installation, only after constant hounding, once it was installed I changed to AGL,
In October the sharp Inverter suffered an event and stopped working, I did not notice the problem for a couple of weeks, so contacted the very help full service team and signed up for a new inverter on 12 months interest free,that same day i received a call from an electrician to come and do a check on my system the next day, he phoned in sick the next morning, 10 days later still no inspection, no new inverter, no feed in tariff, I just wish i had read this blog before contacting Origin.....Peter

Origin E.Origin

Hi Peter, I'm sorry to hear that there's been non-stop delays in relation to getting your solar back up and running. If you could email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au, I can arrange to have a case manager reach out to you. Thanks - Kirk.

Trevor

TrevorBrisbane

Waste of money

The system we bought has not performed as promised, I was told initially we could add extra panels to our system (3.6kw system with a 5kw inverter), I have now been told from another company this would be more wasted money and I’d be better off removing this system and starting again. This system is 4 years and has definitely not preformed as we hoped.

Jason

JasonBrisbane

Don't buy from Origin solar

Bev

BevBrisbane

Pretty good service by Origin

Don't feel lucky

I installed Origin solar system July 2011 it has failed just outside the warranty, I should consider myself lucky that my unit made it to the end of the warranty time. I think my Mother was the lucky one she had 2 units fail before Origin replaced it with another brand, she had not had a problem with the new brand. We have 12 building all using Origin electricity but not for much longer.

MIP

MIPBrisbane

Buy with Origin if you have lots of spare time to deal with on going issues!

David

DavidNuriootpa

Refurbished unit failed under 2 years.

Origin replaced my faulted inverter with a refurbished unit. The refurbished unit has failed in under 2 years. I am now being told that is not under warranty. I have two cases open with origin to resolve the issue but have so far had no success. I have talk to Consumer Business Service and they have told me to keep trying to get the issue resolved with Origin because it is reasonable to expect the inverter to last longer than 2 years. I am very disappointed as I have made a large investment. At this stage I would strongly recommend to to deal with Origin when it comes to solar.

Rebate not sufficient to replace Inverters

By the time you get the Panels cleaned yearly at a cost of $150 and replace a inverter costing $1500 after 5 years and 2 months, the 7 cents a kw is poor return of investment.

Peter.lBrisbane

Long term investment, short term support

Peter.l

Hi Lee-Anne. I have done what you have asked.Thanks.
I have made a mistake in the review. The System is actually Five years and Six months and Two weeks old when it failed. Sorry.

Installation and Aftersale attitude is disgusting

Origin E.Origin

Would not recommend this product nothing but trouble

Invertor replaced twice now the third one has broken and out of warranty and at a cost over $1000 we can't afford so now we have to go without.

Annette W.GOLD COAST, Qld

Secondhand refurbished inverters - not right

Origin E.Origin

Hi Annie, thanks for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience. We have passed this onto our Solar team and they will get in touch with you to have a chat about your feedback. Thanks - James

SAM

SAM

Origin solar products are secondhand refurbished and passed off as new

Origin solar use refurbished inverters, none of them are brand neW, twice the installer has had to change the inverter and both were refurbishes/second-hand, but the charge for you for a new item, when in fact its a used box, it only lasts for up to 2 yrs, after calling them this time they said its not covered by warranty, so they put in used inverter last time and now we are not covered. I strongly recommend going elsewhere for your solar deal do not use origin to buy from or install, they will rip you off and use refurbished equipment!!!!

Cheap Equipment don't risk it

Wayne

WayneNorth Haven

Poor service

Very professional

Nervously went with Origin and now can't speak highly enough of them. They were thorough and made it very simple. I had wanted to go solar for a while but didn't know how to go with. I got a few quotes but the further I went the more confused I got - I just wanted someone to tell me what was right for me. I went with Origin because I have had too many friends who have had problems with their solar only to find out the business is no longer there to help them. The guys who popped it on were great - couple of issues with my house electrics but they figured their way through it. It's working great and I am happy with who I chose.

Origin E.Origin

Fantastic to hear the solar team were able to assist you with your needs. Let us know if you need anything further, we're here to help. Thanks - Ray :)

Bryan05asked

looking at solar but are these reviews for real? Origin should be shot by treating customers this way. How about offering a genuine service and not screwing people

Origin E.Origin

Hi Bryan, we'd love to chat to you about our solar and get the chance to change your opinion of us. If you'd like our Solar team to get in touch with you, please email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au with your full property address and contact details. Thanks - Vanessa.

Rob S.
Rob S.

While reading these reviews, I'm getting an add for Infinite Energy, 68 reviews @ over 4/5 rating. That's all I know. Not sure where they operate though.

Bryan05

thanks Rob, it appears Origin Energy have more interest in ripping off there own customers

Stephen A.

Stephen A.asked

As an existing customer, would like to inquire about quotation on installing suitable solar panels...
We have a solar panel person from another company, giving us a quote to pay off ….

Origin E.Origin

Hi Stephen, sure thing! You can see all of our solar info and request a quote on our website here; https://bit.ly/2QVYLAk. Otherwise, feel free to email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au. Cheers - Renee.

Wade

Wadeasked

It seems that most problems are the cheap inverters or a policy that uses refurbished inverters. The premium plus line uses high end Trina panels and Fronius inverters. Does anyone have feedback on this? The 25c rebate, good panels/inverter and good price is still tempting.

maxi12

Mine was a fronius replaced with a new fronius galvo but the warranty is from the first one. They do not give you a new warranty. I would not get solar again as the AC isolators have a 2yr warranty and inverter 10 years if you are lucky as my first one was 5yrs. Add this on to your cost of the system and in my case means i will be lucky to ever get my money back even with 51c FIT. The cost of my electricity just about equals the solar meter charge and the solar supply charge per day. After nearly 9 years mine has not paid for itself and i am on my second fronius inverter. Origin did not handle my warranty claim well and i had to wait 6 weeks for replacement. As my inverter was $2000 plus very expensive callout charges to assess the problem, the bigger the system the dearer the inverter. E.g. $1999 for 1kw system. Check replacement costs before deciding on size of system. I would also put the panels on the ground facing north and keep them off your house roof. And make sure your inverter is in the shade.

Origin E.Origin

Hi Wade, thanks for reaching out to us. If you've got any solar questions or want more info to help with your decision, please email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au, so we can have a dedicated Case Manager reach out to you. Thanks - Renee.

Get an answer from our members and Origin representatives

Other Solar Retailers