Origin Solar

Origin Solar (page 3 of 3)

1.5

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (18)
  • Purchase PriceA$6,075.00 (6)
  • Installation

Solar PV installation

This is the second P V system installed now up to 6.6 kw
the installers have done a excellent job and the rubbish was pick up and was kept up to date with the installation give the installer 10 out of 10 for the work great job

Origin E.Origin

Great to hear your second install has worked out for you. We're pleased to hear we've been able to help. I've passed this on to the solar team. Thanks - Ray.

c smith
c smith

Been reading a lot of people stories about the inverter failing just wondering if they are outside installation my two are in the garage out of the weather not had a problem with my one had it for about 5 years now

Pip

PipSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great service, issues resolved quickly and easily.

Unfortunately we've had to have our inverter replaced twice now, which hasn't been a great issue aside from the not being able to generate power for a short period of time! Both times, especially most recently, the issue was dealt with promptly and professionally, with all being resolved within a week. Much appreciated!

Origin E.Origin

Thanks for taking the time to let us know your positive feedback. Great to hear your issues were resolved for you and that we were able to assist. Let us know if you need anything else - Ray.

Bryan05asked

looking at solar but are these reviews for real? Origin should be shot by treating customers this way. How about offering a genuine service and not screwing people

Origin E.Origin

Hi Bryan, we'd love to chat to you about our solar and get the chance to change your opinion of us. If you'd like our Solar team to get in touch with you, please email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au with your full property address and contact details. Thanks - Vanessa.

Rob S.
Rob S.

While reading these reviews, I'm getting an add for Infinite Energy, 68 reviews @ over 4/5 rating. That's all I know. Not sure where they operate though.

Bryan05

thanks Rob, it appears Origin Energy have more interest in ripping off there own customers

Stephen A.

Stephen A.asked

As an existing customer, would like to inquire about quotation on installing suitable solar panels...
We have a solar panel person from another company, giving us a quote to pay off ….

Origin E.Origin

Hi Stephen, sure thing! You can see all of our solar info and request a quote on our website here; https://bit.ly/2QVYLAk. Otherwise, feel free to email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au. Cheers - Renee.

Wade

Wadeasked

It seems that most problems are the cheap inverters or a policy that uses refurbished inverters. The premium plus line uses high end Trina panels and Fronius inverters. Does anyone have feedback on this? The 25c rebate, good panels/inverter and good price is still tempting.

maxi12
maxi12

Mine was a fronius replaced with a new fronius galvo but the warranty is from the first one. They do not give you a new warranty. I would not get solar again as the AC isolators have a 2yr warranty and inverter 10 years if you are lucky as my first one was 5yrs. Add this on to your cost of the system and in my case means i will be lucky to ever get my money back even with 51c FIT. The cost of my electricity just about equals the solar meter charge and the solar supply charge per day. After nearly 9 years mine has not paid for itself and i am on my second fronius inverter. Origin did not handle my warranty claim well and i had to wait 6 weeks for replacement. As my inverter was $2000 plus very expensive callout charges to assess the problem, the bigger the system the dearer the inverter. E.g. $1999 for 1kw system. Check replacement costs before deciding on size of system. I would also put the panels on the ground facing north and keep them off your house roof. And make sure your inverter is in the shade.

Origin E.Origin

Hi Wade, thanks for reaching out to us. If you've got any solar questions or want more info to help with your decision, please email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au, so we can have a dedicated Case Manager reach out to you. Thanks - Renee.

Get an answer from our members and Origin representatives

Other Solar Retailers