Orion Smart Wireless Video Doorbell DC56HA

• Ease of Installation
  • Connectivity / Reliability
Unimpressed

UnimpressedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good initially, but taking it back now.

Bought at Bunnings. Initially good albeit low battery life (2-3 weeks charge). But all of a sudden it has dumped my account from grid connect, and I cannot repair the device. Taking it back....

TammyBUNBURY

Clear footage, easy to install, fantastic value

I was wanting a video doorbell that could capture footage that doesnt look like it was filmed using a potato. I was not disappointed. Only downside is having to recharge it every so often but I can deal with that.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Mary866

Mary866

Purchased from Bunnings

Easy to set up and install. Unfortunately battery needs charging every 3 weeks, even if doorbell has hardly been used. Battery seems faulty as even if fully charged, as soon as battery is back in the doorbell, it instantly says 80% on the app. Reading other reviews it seems to be a common issue with this doorbell.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Door Security Products

Find out how Orion Smart Wireless Video Doorbell DC56HA compares to other Door Security Products

Carl99

Carl99South East Queensland, QLD

Great product

Great product does what u want it to do basically. Everything u need to secure the house. Maybe add another one for the back of the house. What else can i say. Its great.

Purchased in October 2020.

Roo

RooPerth, WA

Perfect Product

Been up and running for six weeks now.
Very easy to set up; clear precise instructions; excellent picture and sound quality. Easy to control with Grid Connect app. Contrary to what some reviewers found, my linked plug-in doorbell is quite loud enough. Love ability to store recordings on SIM; no subscriptions!
Very cost effective, stylish and functional.
Would like to be able to fast forward replays and record a voice message when doorbell is rung But these are software issues, not the fault of the hardware.

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$79.00.

Eltino Y.

Eltino Y.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Product!

Great product, little hesitant at first due cheap price. Easy to set up. Set up on multiple devices within minutes. User friendly app on iOS and Android. Clear enough picture.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$99.00.

K Worasaen

K WorasaenSoutheast, SA

Good for a price

Price is $99 from Bunning you got 1080p cam with 64GB Micro sd card and the chime. I got a problem pair it with my phone so I read some review about it some of people got same problem. What you need to do it reset the doordell and it will work find. When I press bell it will take 3-5 second before I got notification on my cheap android phone Samsung A30. also take me a while to get chime to work. Got 60% battery when first turn on left it charge over night still cant get full charge only got 86%. Pic quality is good (see pic) I put this at my restaurant front door I thinking about buy another one for my back door.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Chris G

Chris Gasked

What causes my Orion DC55HA to keep going offline?
Purchased a couple of days ago. Connected it as per instructions & tested. Everything worked OK. Logged on to it OK a few times over the next hour but now I always get "Device is Offline" message. Eventually, uninstalled then reinstalled. Worked Ok for a while, then went back to Device is Offline.
Any advise would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Chris

Jenny Gasked

Hi. Was wondering if this can be used without constant connection to WIFI at house? I only have a pre paid portable 4G modem (like a dongle) which is on only occasionally. Can I just use it using my phone data (if so how much does it use?)

Tammy

No, you'll need a constant wifi connection. Trust me, if you got this video doorbell, you'd want to start getting the wireless cameras too. Its addictive.
You'll want a constant wifi connection to be able to answer the doorbell remotely when you arent home and also just have a gander when theres weird noises out front. We havent noticed a massive dent in our data usage and we are running the video doorbell and 2x wireless cameras.

Jenny G

Thanks for your prompt reply. Not having constant WIFI is turning out to be problematic!

Love

Loveasked

Hi, we bought orion door bell 2 weeks ago. We have a problem with the chime. Sometimes the door bell works n other times it does not. People have to knock the door which is so annoying. We have followed the instructions in the booklet to sync the chime but nothing seems to work. I do receive notifications on my phone but no sound alerts. Can someone help us?