Orion Smart Wireless Video Doorbell DC56HA

• Motion Detection
  • Ease of Installation
  • Connectivity / Reliability

For 1 phone only 2 phones not connected

Works only from 1 phone pain to use had it 3 months hours trying to get it on 2 iPhones only managed 1 iPhone spent hours trying to fix the issue

Purchased in January 2021.

ChuckGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of $

I agree with the most critical reviews. Very slow to react, it takes about three-four seconds for the chime to wake up and beep. Also, the sound is very soft at the door, so the visitor does not know if the bell is working. Inside the house, the chime is not loud enough, and there is no way to add a second chime. It takes forever to get the video working. If I could, I would return it and claim my $ back.
Stay clear.

Purchased in December 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $99.00.

George L.

George L.Sydney, NSW

Unhappy customer.

It work well for about a week, battery last 3 weeks and charging takes all night. Always getting the offline message. No recommend. $99 waisted.
Last time I'm purchasing
something from Orion.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Door Security Products

Find out how Orion Smart Wireless Video Doorbell DC56HA compares to other Door Security Products

Camera Delay

The picture is good when you finally get it up to your phone. When trying to connect it says it is trying to "establish an encrypted channel" and this process can take up to 30 seconds. If somebody rings the doorbell they've gone by the time you finally get up the picture of them to talk to!

Purchased in November 2020 for $99.00.

Battery nuisance

I purchased this doorbell from Bunnings after seeing it featured on BHG.... It has been good so far, we have had it approximately 6 weeks.
The most annoying part is that the battery does not last long...As we are aged, it is a tenuous task to undo and do up the tiny little screw each time to take it and then replace it after charging.

Purchased for $98.00.

disappointed

disappointed

NO STARS

NO STARS. Good job we didn't get to put it up. Video lost connectivity on day after purchase, and would not reconnect, even after re-pairing. Basically, becoming an ordinary doorbell you could buy for $10. Returned as NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!!!

Purchased in December 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Functionality
Ease of Installation
Connectivity / Reliability
Unimpressed

UnimpressedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good initially, but taking it back now.

Bought at Bunnings. Initially good albeit low battery life (2-3 weeks charge). But all of a sudden it has dumped my account from grid connect, and I cannot repair the device. Taking it back....

Tammy

TammyBUNBURY

Clear footage, easy to install, fantastic value

I was wanting a video doorbell that could capture footage that doesnt look like it was filmed using a potato. I was not disappointed. Only downside is having to recharge it every so often but I can deal with that.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Mary866

Mary866

Purchased from Bunnings

Easy to set up and install. Unfortunately battery needs charging every 3 weeks, even if doorbell has hardly been used. Battery seems faulty as even if fully charged, as soon as battery is back in the doorbell, it instantly says 80% on the app. Reading other reviews it seems to be a common issue with this doorbell.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Door Security Products

Carl99

Carl99South East Queensland, QLD

Great product

Great product does what u want it to do basically. Everything u need to secure the house. Maybe add another one for the back of the house. What else can i say. Its great.

Purchased in October 2020.

Roo

RooPerth, WA

Perfect Product

Been up and running for six weeks now.
Very easy to set up; clear precise instructions; excellent picture and sound quality. Easy to control with Grid Connect app. Contrary to what some reviewers found, my linked plug-in doorbell is quite loud enough. Love ability to store recordings on SIM; no subscriptions!
Very cost effective, stylish and functional.
Would like to be able to fast forward replays and record a voice message when doorbell is rung But these are software issues, not the fault of the hardware.

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $79.00.

Eltino Y.

Eltino Y.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Product!

Great product, little hesitant at first due cheap price. Easy to set up. Set up on multiple devices within minutes. User friendly app on iOS and Android. Clear enough picture.

Purchased in May 2020 for $99.00.

K Worasaen

K WorasaenSoutheast, SA

Good for a price

Price is $99 from Bunning you got 1080p cam with 64GB Micro sd card and the chime. I got a problem pair it with my phone so I read some review about it some of people got same problem. What you need to do it reset the doordell and it will work find. When I press bell it will take 3-5 second before I got notification on my cheap android phone Samsung A30. also take me a while to get chime to work. Got 60% battery when first turn on left it charge over night still cant get full charge only got 86%. Pic quality is good (see pic) I put this at my restaurant front door I thinking about buy another one for my back door.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Stephie J.

Stephie J.asked

What's the range like on the doorbell we are connecting ours outside our gate so people can ring before entering due to guard dog

Chuck

My bell is outside, at the bottom of the stairs (I live on a first floor), and the chime worked ok within ~10 meters of the bell when I bought it 6 months ago, but then I had issues (it would not ring) after installing metal fly screens on the front windows/door, so I had to relocate the bell, and bring the chime closer to the front door (5 m between bell and chime), otherwise it would ring only every other time. It would be helpful to have the option of a second chime, but that is not possible as far as I know. I tried other 'universal' (and louder!) chimes, but they will not link.

Daveasked

How do you delete, or clear videos

shanexu3
shanexu3

Open up the app and click on the envelope in the top right hand corner.

Click on the motion detection icon

Then click on the three parallel lines icon (list icon) underneath the cog icon in the top right hand side corner.

Your videos will show in a list. On the top right above each video there is a faint circle. Click the circles next to all the videos you would like to delete. ( if you want to delete every video you can press the “select all” that is faintly showing at the top right of the screen )

A trash can icon will appear in the bottom centre of the screen. Press the trash icon and all selected videos will be deleted.

I'm h.

I'm h.asked

is there a way to get your phone to make a sound when the doorbell rings?
I get a message but nothing audible.
thanks