Oroton

Oroton

Vera
Vera

Oroton bag: faded fabric

I bought an Oroton Signature O large tote black fabric and leather bag exactly five years ago as I wanted a smart and stylish everyday bag for work and outings. I have looked after it well and, to be honest, I've worked from home the last two years and it's barely been used. However, the fabric has faded to the point it's a mottled brownish colour and looks quite shabby and worn. It's never been in the sun for any length of time and it's kept under my home desk when not in use. To their credit, Oroton reviewed my complaint about the fading but determined it was part of the natural process and wouldn't take the issue further. The bag is destined for the op shop and I won't be buying Oroton again if that is the quality and service on offer.

Sue
SueSydney, NSW

Dishonest and poor customer service

I saw a bag I liked online, I wanted to see it in person so went to my local store and purchased. Did not realise that I was charged a different price. When I contacted customer service, they agreed to refund me difference on price, then they changed their mind. They then said they would issue a credit note for goods to purchase online. Tried to use online and didn’t work. Contacted them twice to advise that code not working, no reply. I am now an ex Oroton customer. Shame really as I was a loyal and long time customer. Prices in store are different to online. Not sure why.

You have to cancel entire order to add info to shipping address. Joke company

I bought a gift for a friend through their website.I ordered and emailed the customer the same day as i just need to add a letter to the shipping address ( not changing the address at all )
But i was told they cant add letter “C” to the house number even on the same day i just placed the order? Poor excuse and reasoning. It has not even been posted as i contacted them as soon as i purchased the item as a present for a friend.

Apparently i have to cancel the order to be able to do the additional letter to the shipping address. Complete joke of a company. Never again.

Ken
KenSydney, NSW

Oroton - Zipper Lever - Breakdown before the Zipper (Under Designed)

My partner brought this Oroton - Ebony Briefcase in black -Leather for $370.00 on sale at Oroton DFO outlet - Homebush Sydney. It was used sparingly for few years and the Metal Zipper Lever Broke down. Possibly the Zipper Lever is Under Designed or defectively manufactured.

Any such costly product Zipper Lever shall not broke down after sparingly used over few years. Leather Bags are purchased to last longer - and any such manufacturer add enough "Factor of Safety" during design so that they do not break down before the Zipper or the Bag itself.

Oroton refused to accept their responsibility and to refer to the technical team to review then design.

Chu
ChuSydney, NSW

Return policy/ sign up trap

I purchased something online and I signed up to get $30 off the product. I received my item and it wasnt right for me so went to the store to return it. I was told because I had got a $30 OFF the full price it was considered a sale item therefore the only option given was a store credit.

My point is what company nowadays refuse to refund you? We are in the 21st century, Even luxury brands refund you.

I really liked some of the stuff they do but now after this experience I won't
buy again until they change the return policy.

Disappointment

Amazed that you can have an order “confirmed” and 5 days later be told that even though the stock was available at the time of online purchase the warehouse staff have been unable to locate items to fulfill the order. And it’s going to take a further 3 to 5 days for money to be refunded. Someone needs to sort out their stock-tracking systems.

P Wong
P WongPerth, WA

Delivery returned to sender

KGMPPT
KGMPPTDarwin

Received with broken bolts where strap holds in

Reviewer127
Reviewer127Perth

Poor customer service

UPDATE: I have been contacted by the manager and had this issue resolved. I am very happy with my new bag and with the effort Oroton made to make amends.

Their website malfunctioned during a sale so I was unable to check out and missed the sale deadline (it was a weekend and I couldn't contact them). It was a saving of $40 off a bag that cost over $200. When I emailed customer service on Monday morning asking for an exception they pasted their terms and conditions and said they wouldn't help me out. It was a great opportunity for some good customer service and throw me a fish, but they chose not to. So now I'm not buying the bag and they get zero dollars out of me.

Bad customer service.

Customer service when I bought the wallet was great, but then I realised after taking it home that the beads used to keep the wallet dry had imprinted into the leather due to packing and left a large dent that had stretched the leather. I took it back to get exchanged and they swapped it for me, no smiles this time. This swapped one's leather ended up having a large scratch up the front so I took it back again, they swapped it for me and I ended up with the original one again that I had brought back because of the dents. Ended up just returning the product.

C K
C KBrisbane

Bag is damaged

I received a tote bag for Xmas it’s not being us d everyday maybe only once a week so it hasn’t had much use at all. Yesterday I noticed that the leather is peeling off. Now after reading the reviews I’m not sure that the company is going to care.

Kaye
KayeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor product quality & appalling customer service

Clip on ladies wallet broke after only a couple of months - clearly faulty but they refused to replace it because it was on sale when purchased. Wanted to replace it with a cheaper, different style which I didn't like. After long battle I got a refund & replaced it with an Annapelle which has been great. I used to love Oroton products but never again!

Family of 5 will NEVER BUY OROTON AGAIN

I have been a very loyal customer for 24 years my adult daughters now also. We have spent $1000s with your company. NEVER AGAIN when your customer service won't honour a single faulty zip on an as new purse SHAME - OROTON. You've lost 5 of us over a zip!!! Disgraceful service❌ It's no wonder your shares have plummeted

channy
channySydney, NSW

overprice for such quality

I purchased a handbag at oroton store. However, i found out some default in stitching so I brought it back just hope they can do the exchange. I was told : "that's the Way It should be" in an unfriendly way. I think their handbag is not cheap for such quality. Bad customer service as well.

Oroton have no repair department why not?

I would like to know why a company like Oroton have no back up for its customers.
My bag is a few years old but I like it, the spring closer has broken at the top I would be willing to pay for repairs
The bag is fine except for this. Orotons bags are expensive so why no back up? Don't they care about their customers. This will be my last Oroton purchase.