Oroton

Oroton

Vera
Vera

Oroton bag: faded fabric

I bought an Oroton Signature O large tote black fabric and leather bag exactly five years ago as I wanted a smart and stylish everyday bag for work and outings. I have looked after it well and, to be honest, I've worked from home the last two years and it's barely been used. However, the fabric has faded to the point it's a mottled brownish colour and looks quite shabby and worn. It's never been in the sun for any length of time and it's kept under my home desk when not in use. To their credit, Oroton reviewed my complaint about the fading but determined it was part of the natural process and wouldn't take the issue further. The bag is destined for the op shop and I won't be buying Oroton again if that is the quality and service on offer.

Catherine
CatherineSydney, NSW

Clothing: beautiful fabric & concepts. Needs more wear ability.

Pricer clothing & more conservative styling would indicate a demographic of late thirties & over, you'd think. However the Oroton fit doesn't reflect demographic... making it a bit bitchy & mean.
Real women have tummies (which is ok) and some stretch is required - please relax a bit for God's sake. I'm not overweight just shaped like a real woman & bored with this veiled ageist chauvinism which prescribes that women would dream of wanting to be older versions of their 20 something selves.

Sue
SueSydney, NSW

Dishonest and poor customer service

I saw a bag I liked online, I wanted to see it in person so went to my local store and purchased. Did not realise that I was charged a different price. When I contacted customer service, they agreed to refund me difference on price, then they changed their mind. They then said they would issue a credit note for goods to purchase online. Tried to use online and didn’t work. Contacted them twice to advise that code not working, no reply. I am now an ex Oroton customer. Shame really as I was a loyal and long time customer. Prices in store are different to online. Not sure why.

Cat
CatSydney, NSW

Very inflexible online policies

Beautiful products. However for a supposed luxury brand they don’t offer much for their customers online. Many luxury brands I shop from have flexible online returns and promotions, such as free returns (returned in funds, not as credit) or honouring a price if a promotion was missed by a day. Oroton does neither. It’s off putting for regular customers like myself. Shop instore or at DJs where possible!

Find out how Oroton compares to other Underwear Shops & Brands

You have to cancel entire order to add info to shipping address. Joke company

I bought a gift for a friend through their website.I ordered and emailed the customer the same day as i just need to add a letter to the shipping address ( not changing the address at all )
But i was told they cant add letter “C” to the house number even on the same day i just placed the order? Poor excuse and reasoning. It has not even been posted as i contacted them as soon as i purchased the item as a present for a friend.

Apparently i have to cancel the order to be able to do the additional letter to the shipping address. Complete joke of a company. Never again.

Ken
KenSydney, NSW

Oroton - Zipper Lever - Breakdown before the Zipper (Under Designed)

My partner brought this Oroton - Ebony Briefcase in black -Leather for $370.00 on sale at Oroton DFO outlet - Homebush Sydney. It was used sparingly for few years and the Metal Zipper Lever Broke down. Possibly the Zipper Lever is Under Designed or defectively manufactured.

Any such costly product Zipper Lever shall not broke down after sparingly used over few years. Leather Bags are purchased to last longer - and any such manufacturer add enough "Factor of Safety" during design so that they do not break down before the Zipper or the Bag itself.

Oroton refused to accept their responsibility and to refer to the technical team to review then design.

Chu
ChuSydney, NSW

Return policy/ sign up trap

I purchased something online and I signed up to get $30 off the product. I received my item and it wasnt right for me so went to the store to return it. I was told because I had got a $30 OFF the full price it was considered a sale item therefore the only option given was a store credit.

My point is what company nowadays refuse to refund you? We are in the 21st century, Even luxury brands refund you.

I really liked some of the stuff they do but now after this experience I won't
buy again until they change the return policy.

Bella
BellaSydney, NSW

Neoprene backpack

I purchased the neoprene backpack from the Oroton store in Birkenhead Point. Two days later I used it for travelling to work for the first time and it kept on sliding off my shoulders. I own a number of backpacks and have never experienced this issue. The backstraps on the bag are too wide and just continue to fall off the shoulders. I asked a friend to try it out for a week and she had the same issue. If there was testing done, this would have been the first thing that should have been picked up. Secondly, the straps can't be adjusted for a smaller fit.

Disappointment

Amazed that you can have an order “confirmed” and 5 days later be told that even though the stock was available at the time of online purchase the warehouse staff have been unable to locate items to fulfill the order. And it’s going to take a further 3 to 5 days for money to be refunded. Someone needs to sort out their stock-tracking systems.

P Wong
P WongPerth, WA

Delivery returned to sender

KGMPPT
KGMPPTDarwin

Received with broken bolts where strap holds in

Reviewer127
Reviewer127Perth

Poor customer service

UPDATE: I have been contacted by the manager and had this issue resolved. I am very happy with my new bag and with the effort Oroton made to make amends.

Their website malfunctioned during a sale so I was unable to check out and missed the sale deadline (it was a weekend and I couldn't contact them). It was a saving of $40 off a bag that cost over $200. When I emailed customer service on Monday morning asking for an exception they pasted their terms and conditions and said they wouldn't help me out. It was a great opportunity for some good customer service and throw me a fish, but they chose not to. So now I'm not buying the bag and they get zero dollars out of me.

Bad customer service.

Customer service when I bought the wallet was great, but then I realised after taking it home that the beads used to keep the wallet dry had imprinted into the leather due to packing and left a large dent that had stretched the leather. I took it back to get exchanged and they swapped it for me, no smiles this time. This swapped one's leather ended up having a large scratch up the front so I took it back again, they swapped it for me and I ended up with the original one again that I had brought back because of the dents. Ended up just returning the product.

C K
C KBrisbane

Bag is damaged

I received a tote bag for Xmas it’s not being us d everyday maybe only once a week so it hasn’t had much use at all. Yesterday I noticed that the leather is peeling off. Now after reading the reviews I’m not sure that the company is going to care.

Trevor
TrevorPerth

Online store and stock issues

Our orders were unfulfilled due to poor integration between online store and warehouse stock. Items were refunded but disappointing that majority of Australian retailers are falling behind overseas competitors in terms of online retail experience.

Update: Oroton's CEO offer his apology for the current issues with their warehouse and they are in the process of fixing these issues. Upgrading review for the personal touch from the management.