5Oscar Neo DA-1000

Oscar Neo DA-1000 Questions & Answers (page 2)

VerifiedMPNs:JU-OS-1000-UL-AU-BU and JU-OS-1000-UL-AU-WH
Sue T.
Sue T.

can you press cumin seeds

Oscar   DM

Hi Sue, the Oscar's are not made for pressing dry seeds only fruit and veg for juicing. However, it does make nut-butters, sorbets and noodles with the mincing screen. We do have another option to press oil using dehydrated seeds. The BioChef Vega Oil press, we have tested this on sesame and flax seeds, so the yield will depend on the oil content in your cumin seeds. I hope this has been helpful. If there is anything else you would like to know please do not hesitate to contact us. Warm Regards Vitality4Life

Maxine P.
Maxine P.

can i use my oscar to press hot tomatoes to make home made tomato paste/sauce?

Oscar   DM

Hi Maxine, thanks for you inquiry. Sounds yum. The best advise is to cut tomatoes into quarters and cold press them through the mincing strainer if you want to use the whole tomato for your pasta sauce. Pressing them through the juicing strainer will only leave you with the cold pressed tomato juice for a clearer drink which will be a lot thinner but delicious too. I would then recommend heating the sauce after woods. The juicer is not really designed for heat. This is why we dont recommend cleaning them in the dishwasher either. Let us know how you go sounds delicious. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us at support@vitality4life.com Warm Regards The Vitality4Life Team.

Janet

I had my Oscar almost 3 years and it has been fine. Today after juicing the usual carrot juice, I couldn’t pull the auger out, so as the drum. It has never happened before. Please advise. Thanks

Oscar   DM

Hi Janet, sorry to hear this. Are you able to contact us via support@vitality4life.com so we can go through some trouble shooting tips with you, or alternatively get it in for a service under warranty. Best Regards Customer Support Vitality4Life

Karen R.
Karen R.

I am having the exact same issue. The auger wont unscrew and co e out and the drum wont disconnect either. Was working totally well up until yesterday.

Janet

My problem resolved by pulling by force then clean as much as I can.

Oscar   DM

Hi Janet, sometimes the residue can form a really sticky adhesive behind the locking clip and around the drum and make things really tight. Our suggestion is to give them a really good overnight soaking with bi-carb and vinegar and warm water. Give them a good scrub and rinse and they should be nice and clean making things a lot more looser and easier to undo. You can also unscrew the locking clip using a Philips head screwdriver and give it a good soak too and clean around behind on the motor. Let us know how you go with the residue. Team Vitality4life

Rod T
Rod T

Hi, I’m thinking of getting a second hand one that is 3 years old and only been used 3 times. When did the strainers change from old to new and would be able to get new strainers in Aus if the current one breaks?

Julie.W

Good news and bad news, if strainer breaks you can get new one from vitality4life.com BUT if they dont have any of the old style left you have to buy newer version and it doesnt fit in old housing, so you then need to buy new housing at big cost.

My advice would be see if they have spare strainer at vitality4life.com and buy it or NEVER EVER PUSH carrots to fast through the juicer thats whats breaking them, we tend to be impatient with juicing and push it too fast.

Bernadette

I would ask the company directly

Oscar   DM

Hi Rod, thank you for your question. We currently have the Oscar DA-1000 cold press juicer available brand new on our website for the sale price of $469 (RRP$549). This would mean you would receive a 20 year warranty on the motor and 10 year warranty on the parts, as the warranty is unfortunately not transferable when purchasing a juicer second hand. Having said this, we are always more than happy to help you with the purchasing of parts should your juicer not be covered under warranty. The strainer changed to a newer version in 2016. You can determine what year model your juicer is by looking at the serial number. And yes you can order both versions of the strainer through us directly. Please contact us if you have any further questions on 1800 802 924 Mon-Fri AEST or by emailing support@vitality4life.com as we would love to assist in getting you up and juicing and ensure your purchase is the right one for you! Regards, Sarah | Vitality 4 Life

BanitaBanita
BanitaBanita

Ive had my Neo since late 2016..Today the strainer cracked..for the second time since Ive had it...The first time It took vitality4 life over 4 weeks to respond to my emails..and another 2 until they replaced the strainer...Today I have just gone to their website and see that the Strainer is out of stock...Is there any other place to purchase one urgently????

Bernadette

try putting your problem on their FB page , it worked for me. The cracking strainer is a problem that keeps being mentioned , there must be a design fault somewhere along the line.

Julie.W

Ring them anyway they probably still have them kept in stock but not advertised for sale. Thats what I did anyway. Other than that you need to buy whole new housing as well. But push hard when you ring, tell them to ring around and get one from other suppliers anything but be polite

Julie.W

Ring them anyway they probably still have them kept in stock but advertised for sale. Thats what I did anyway. Other than that you need to buy whole new housing as well. But push hard when you ring, tell them to ring around and get one from other suppliers anything but be polite

Oscar   DM

Hi Banita. I am very sorry to hear about your strainer cracking. Your juicer does come with a 10 year warranty on parts which covers manufacturing faults. If you email us at support@vitality4life.com or call us on 1800 802 924 we can resolve your issue promptly. Your satisfaction matters to us and we would like to solve your issue in a timely manner, so please contact us for further information. In the mean time, it is important to ensure that the juicer is being operated correctly and that no force is being placed when feeding the produce through, as this is more likely to lead to compromised parts. But again, please get in contact with us so we can resolve your issue and get you back up and juicing in no time. Regards, Sarah | Vitality 4 Life

Greg
Greg

Can you pay the parts of the DA-1000 in the dishwasher ?

Oscar   DM

Hi Greg, I wouldn't recommend cleaning the parts of your Oscar Neo DA 1000 in the dishwasher. The juicer does come with a cleaning brush inclusive and best results are achieved by rising the parts under cold water and cleaning with the brush. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us on 1800 802 924. Regards, Sarah | Vitality 4 Life

Buffy B
Buffy B

Where can I buy the additional mincer screens and vegetable slicer/spiraliser for the Oscar DA-1000 and how much are they please?

I have an old instruction manual too that doesn't give any guidelines end cap settings when juicing, could I ask for a copy of any new one and the recipes please???

Julie.W

I find the end cap settings make very little difference to my juice so doesnt matter to me what setting its on. You could try the 1 setting and then the 5 setting and you'll probably not notice any difference. As for extra fittings all you can do is contact manufacturer direct via email to info@vitality4life.com they are very helpful.

Oscar   DM

Hi Buffy, sorry for the delayed response! You can purchase additional parts through our website or over the phone directly on 1800 802 924. I have provided the link for purchasing the parts you require below. As for the instruction manual, if you send an email to support@vitality4life.com.au we can send you a copy to peruse. However the information Julie.W has provided above is worth noting, perhaps test out a few settings to find your desired result! Happy juicing and don't hesitate to contact us for any further enquiries. Regards, Sarah | Vitality 4 Life

external link

Matt F
Matt F

Hi the auger/screw on my oscar neo has become stuck in the juicer. All the other parts have come loose fine it seems to be locked into the motor somehow. Is there a way to get this free?

Julie.W

Mate I would contact vitality4life.com by email and ask them, You could try WD40 and wait 5 mins then try seing if it loosens but would ask first. Their email is info@vitality4life.com

Good luck

Oscar   DM

Hi Matt, I am sorry to hear this. If I could kindly ask that you give us a call on 1800 802 924 Mon-Fri 9am -5pm AEDT and we would be happy to assist. Alternatively you can email us at support@vitality4life.com. Many thanks, Vitality 4 Life.

Marcia S
Marcia S

Hi, after using my Oscar Neo for 2 years it is becoming harder everyday to connect the parts to the machine. I already unscrewed the black piece to clean inside but now I cannot even turn it. What can I do? Couldn't find any video about it.

Julie.W

If you loosened the screws to take the black locking nut off to clean it it is possible you screwed them back in TOO tight, loosen them bit by bit to see if it turns easy again, mine are just to the tighten point then backed off. Thats what mistake i made anyway. It fixed it. They dont need to be too tight like most screws.

Oscar   DM

Hi Marcia, I am sorry to hear about this issue. We would like to offer you some troubleshooting as there are a few things that can firstly cause this as a start and also going forward we would like to avoid the recurrence by checking that all the parts for your Oscar Neo are in good order. If you could please give us a call on 1800 802 924 AEDT Mon - Fri 9am -5pm or email as at support@vitality4life.com and we would be happy to assist you with this.Thanks, The Vitality 4 Life Team.

coletie

I have an oscar neo. Great machine but we would like it for mincing/grinding pork for sausages but we can not find any information on what spare additional parts we need to buy for this. We just read it is capable of mincing meat but then there are no instructions. Can you advise so i can order parts? Thank you.

Oscar   DM

Hi Coletie, thank you for your review. In the past the Oscar juicers have indeed come with a meat mincing attachment however this is unfortunately not available for the current models. We do have reports of customers who use the mincing strainer provided with all current models for meat processing however the result is not the fine mince you would expect like that available from dedicated mincing products. This Oscar mincing strainer is more suited to processing pesto, sorbets and nut butters. I hope this answers your question and if there is anything further we can assist with please don't hesitate to contact us Mon- Fri 9am-5pm AEDT on 1800 802 924 or via email at support@vitality4life.com.

coletie

Thank you for replying. It is a great juicer and used daily.

uma
uma

sorry to ask but whts d difference between oscar neo DA 1000 and DA1200?

which one is best to buy?

Julie.W

Pretty sure the 1200 replaced the 1000 because of slight flaw in the 1000 as parts were breaking bit too easy. The strainer is different material and different shape. Dont buy the 1000 of ebay with no juicer (housing) parts as there getting hard to replace and break more often.

Oscar   DM

Hi Uma, Thank you for your question. The 1200 juicer has a wider chute to allow for less chopping. The motor is a slightly sleeker design as well but other than this the functionality is the same as the very popular DA1000. We have many happy Oscar Neo DA1000 customers that love their juicer but decide to upgrade to obtain the wider chute. Just to clarify we stock a full range of spare parts and the Oscar Neo DA1000 is a current model juicer with all parts available direct with us on our website or via our toll free number 1800 802 924. We would be more than happy to help with any further advice or to help place an order so don't hesitate to reach out to us direct. Many Thanks again Uma for your interest in the DA1200 Oscar Plus, The Vitality 4 Life Team

David
David

Where can I buy a replacement juicer strainer in Brisbane? thanks David

Got mine from wwwvitality4life.com

email: info@vitality4life.com

Or call +61 2 6680 7444

Dont think you will get one in Brisbane, I couldnt find any they were still available.

Rob

Yes like Julie W said 'Vitality4life' I think they are out of stock at the moment but you can still email them from their website & they will contact you once they have more available.

Oscar   DM

Hi David, you can contact us direct on our toll free number 1800 802 924 to place an order for a new strainer. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you

SLB
SLB

Hi

I own a D1000 model and would like to know if the attachment of meat grinding for Max 900 can be used for D1000. Would appreciate the Oscar official or whoever knows this provide an answer. Thanks in advance.

Sylvia

Rob

Hello I went on live chat & was speaking to ?. I was on the Vitality for life Pty Ltd site & he said sorry it compatible for the 1000?

Oscar   DM

Hi SLB, Thank you for your question. we currently have the vegetable & Ice Slicer for the 900 which is compatible with the 1000, however the 900 meat grinding attachment is no longer available and not compatible with 1000.

Shk
Shk

I haven't used my Oscar Neo for 12 months. Now, when I turn it on assembled, the motor makes a noise but nothing turns. The machine is around 3 years old. Help !!!

Rob

Hi, so sorry I cannot direct you with this issue. If it were I, I would contact the manufacturer. Doesn't sound good.

Oscar   DM

Hi shk, Thank you for your question. The Oscar Neo DA-1000 comes with a 20 year warranty on the motor and 10 years on parts, please contact our support team to arrange a service technician to assess your juicer on support@vitality4life.com or 1800 802 924.

Giulia80

Can you describe me the use of the 4 different nozzles? which should i use to make baby food?

thanks for the answer

Oscar   DM

Hi Giulia80, Thank you for your question. We have a fantastic little tutorial video on youtube that runs through the different attachments: external link  to use the neo as a food processor you would replace the juicing strainer with the mincing strainer and you would use one of the two nozzels referred to in the user manual as bread stick nozzels. If we can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us on 1800 802 924.

Giulia80

Thanks for the video i really appreciated it. unfortunately i can't find any videos showing how to make baby food (which is one of oscar's possibility)

Oscar   DM

Hi Giulia80, Thank you for your follow up question and apology about the delay in response. It is really simple and easy to make your own baby food in the Oscar Neo. You can use the video as an understanding of the processing function and apply this to baby food. So set up your juicer using processing strainer but leave off the nozzles. You can then slowly feed in ingredients to make your puree. An example recipe would be to use 2 bananas and 1/2 an avocado so for a nice simple baby food. You could also use cooked pumpkin and other vegetables in the juicer to make a puree. I hope this helps but please let us know if any questions at all. The Vitality 4 Life Team

Carlo
Carlo

Hello Sir,

what is the size of the chute ?

Hi Carlo, Thank your for the question. The size of the chute is 3.5cm x 3.5cm

Karen Anderson
Karen Anderson

What attachments would I use to make a puree/baby food? I don't understand what any of the other attachments are for. Thanks!

Rebecca
Rebecca

The mincer /processer attachment the other attachment is for juicing soft fruits & vegetables. I hadn't realised the processer attachment was also called the mincer which had confused me, don't give up once you get used to it like me I just love it

Oscar   DM

Hi Karen, Please feel free to contact us on 1800 802 924 for any after sales support.

cpregno

my Oscar neo1000 lock and unlock has become very difficult to get open. I clean all the parts and where it screws in every time I juice. Is there a way to loosen up the lock?

Oscar   DM

Hi cpregno, Thank you for your question,

We recommend cleaning behind the locking clip every so often to avoid any build-up of leftover produce or sticky juice residue which then causes the locking clip to become stiff and hard to turn.

This can be done using a Phillip’s head screw driver. The clip is designed to be removed for cleaning by removal of the four screws and cleaning the clip of all residues. Also clean where the clip is attached to the motor ensuring residue is removed.

Once cleaned place the locking clip back in place and reattach with the four screws.

If you have only just received your juicer or you have already run through the above process and it is too tight to use please let us know so we can help to trouble shoot

If we can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Warren
Warren

I had the same problem (locking clip sticking). Although it has never collected grime in or around the locking clip, I repeatedly dis-assembled and perfect cleaned the locking clip and grey fitting that it turns around, ..... but the locking clip would still not turn easily around the inner grey fitting (which attaches to the unit by 4 screws). My final solution today is a thin smear of olive oil on the narrow inner surfaces of the black locking clip where it directly contacts with and turns around the grey fitting. ..... Now it turns perfectly, and I have my reliable Oscar Neo DA1000 back! Vitality 4 Life - hope you can use this solution in future.

cpregno

I followed the instructions when the locking clip was difficult to turn (about 2 years after we bought and use it 4-5 times per week) and it works perfectly now. Thank you.

Charlotte

Sandy
Sandy

Do I have to take the skin off the pineapple before juicing?

Oscar   DM

Hi Sandy, Thank you for your question. Apologies for the late reply. The Oscar Neo DA-1000 can certainly handle juicing pineapple with the skin on, the juice tends to be foamier this way. However you would need to ensure the core is removed.

Emma.L.G
Emma.L.G

Hi! I purchased the Oscar Neo DA-1000 about a year ago, someone is interested in buying it, I was just wondering if they need the original receipt in case they need something fixed under warranty or can they just use the warranty card that comes with it? Thanks, Emma.

Astrogirl
Astrogirl

Hi Emma, if it was me I'd be giving them the receipt just in case, but it's up to the buyer to enquire about the warranty with the manufacturer and whether they need the receipt as proof of purchase. Hope this helps, Amanda.

Get an answer from our members and Oscar representatives