5Oscar Neo DA-1000

Oscar Neo DA-1000 Questions & Answers (page 3)

VerifiedMPNs:JU-OS-1000-UL-AU-BU and JU-OS-1000-UL-AU-WH
Susie
Susie

Please help me? I cannot unscrew the attachment where to unlock anticlockwise the machine. I was able to take it off the main body but I count take the parts apart.

Astrogirl
Astrogirl

Hi Susie, I don't unscrew the big black ring around where the auger goes into. You may just need to rotate the auger in your hand until it slots into the hole, and then rotate it upright and then screw the big black ring to tighten. Hopefully this makes sense. Maybe look up a youtube video on how people assemble this.

osmond Tan
osmond Tan

What is the difference between the OSCR NEO 1000 and Oscar DA 1000?

One with the NEO the other without the NEO.

Thanks!

Osmond

Oscar   DM

Dear Osmond The Oscar NEO 1000 & the Oscar DA 1000 are the same product. There is no difference, just sometimes you may find a listing where the word "Neo" was not used. You can rest assured it the same product and it originates from Vitality 4 Life. Just fyi, there is a new model available now which is the latest model Oscar Neo 1200. This new Oscar has a wider chute, it is around 15% wider than previous models and to accommodate for the wider chute, it has a 200w motor (as opposed to 150w) and 63RPM. The combination of the more powerful motor + slightly slower rotations means that the DA 1200 can juice more produce at any given time (due to the wider chute) without compromising on the quality of the juice. Juice is still very much foam/froth free (just what you expect from the Oscar Juicers), but the juicing time/prep time is significantly decreased. But please note we have sold over 100,000 previous model Oscar juicers in Australia and have received many self-volunteered testimonials from our wonderful happy customers, therefore we are confident you won't be disappointed with the previous models!

Jean Kuan
Jean Kuan

After using my Neo DA1000 for 4 months, I found that my strainer is 'rusty', is it still safe to use?

And every time after juicing, when I dismantle it for washing, the gear is warm, does this still consider as cold press? And the Apple juice I juiced turned brown just within few minutes.

what different between the juicing stariner and mincing strainer, the mincing strainer seem to do the same job as the juicing stariner, where it 'juice' instead of mincing.

Hi Jean,

The strainer is stainless steel, so usually it shouldn't rust unless a fair amount of acidic deposits were left on it for a long while, and it wasn't thoroughly cleaned, or excessive force has cracked a tiny area of the mesh. Once the protective barrier of the stainless steel coating is breached, it will continue to oxidize after each use. You really need to put this question to the manufacturers, but if you are sure it is rust and not deposits which can be scrubbed off, then I would get another strainer.

About the gear being warm, what part of the gear are you talking about? It would most likely be the square shaft that goes into the motor right? It is perfectly normal for this to get warm. Work is being done by the motor - this generates heat. This heat will pass onto any metal object in direct contact with the motor. The rest of the auger which is within the juicing area is heavily coated in plastic and is a much larger surface area so shouldn't be warm. A small amount of the heat from the stainless shaft will naturally pass onto the auger, but since plastic is a bad conductor of heat, this won't be that significant. (I can't ever remember the auger getting warm). If there is that little bit passing on, the amount will be proportional to the time you keep the motor running. The term cold press comes the fact that it's more of a pressing action at low speed, which generates next to zero significant heat within the object being crushed. i.e. There aren't high speeds churning the pulp and juice around causing it to warm up by the friction caused between the pulp and the sides of the strainer and churning blades.

About the apple juice turning brown, this is a natural phenomenon with apples. If you cut an apple and leave it exposed it will turn brown. When an apple is cut (or bruised), oxygen is introduced into the injured plant tissue. When oxygen is present in cells, polyphenol oxidase (PPO) enzymes in the chloroplasts rapidly oxidize phenolic compounds naturally present in the apple tissues to o-quinones, colorless precursors to brown-colored secondary products. I have heard that if you put a little lemon juice in with it, this reduces the browning. Here are some more tips.. http://www.wikihow.com/Keep-a-Cut-Apple-from-Turning-Brown.

I can't answer your question about the mincing strainer because I haven't used it or plan to use it. Give it a try, see what happens when you juice with it, and let us know. Thanks

thierry
thierry

Hi 2 questions from France : ) there is 2 "strainers" in the package but i dont really understand which one should i use ? ( i was thinking about soft and hard vegetables, but after reading the table on the manual it seems that it is something else )

The second question concerning the nose with the "numbered" ring .

How to use that ?

Thanks in advance

Oscar   DM

Hi Thierry, Our French team have answered your question below ; Bonjour la France! Merci d'avoir posé votre question.L’extracteur de jus Oscar Neo DA 1000 est équipé de deux tamis :

• Le premier est un tamis à jus qui vous permet comme son nom l’indique, à réaliser des jus de fruits et légumes.

• Le second tamis est le tamis à hacher. Il vous permet de broyer vos aliments afin de réaliser des tapenades et trempettes en tout genre, des sorbets ainsi que des pâtes.

L’embout à pulpe ajustable a été créé afin de récupérer un maximum de jus. Nous vous conseillons de régler l’embout au niveau 2 pour les fruits, et au niveau 4-5 pour les légumes plus durs. Si vous faites un mélange, utilisez le réglage 3-4.

Sachez que nous avons aussi un site Internet en français : external link  . Ainsi qu’un service client pour la France : support@vitality4life.fr J’espère avoir répondu à vos questions. Pour plus d’informations n’hésitez pas à nous contacter.

Don

Hey French Team, nice of you to have answered in French. But he posed the question in English, and it would benefit a lot of us if you also answered it in English. Sorry for the trouble, but we would appreciate if you could take it. Thanks.

Shenjen
Shenjen

I have actually put in hold Oscar DA-1000 neo in David Jones to be collected tomorrow. After reading the after Sales service review by VItality 4 Life, may I have all the Oscar owners opinion if I should cancel the order or not?

Regards

SJ

Chinchin
Chinchin

I love the Oscar Neo..go for it!! Just don't buy it from Vitality for Life.

David Jones will have a much better returns policy and service should you need. Really for me I love the quality of juice this delivers and is super easy to clean. This is my 3rd cold press juicer and by far the best... Enjoy!!

Geoff C******
Geoff C******

Hey it's great albeit expensive juicer buy if you try nut butters then a small piece of overlooked pip or shell will smash the screen. I can only assume that's why ours broke tho we did not find the pip. V4L just want $55 for a new piece of plastic. The price for the part is outrageous and their attitude is worse. When I was in business if such an issue arose I would have either worn a warranty claim (assuming a good profit on the machine) or let the customer have the part at my cost. Maybe V4L will hurt enough on here to learn what it means to care.

Amigo

Where can I get another strainer peice for my one has broken while doing it's job (juicing)? !! Strong machine but very bad weakness :/

Cheers.

Mark S
Mark S

Give the guys at Vitality4life a call. They have spares

Roy
Roy

Yeh but they are a tough crew to deal with. It's a manufacturing fault really but as Vitality4life are the sole importers you won't get much consideration from them.

A GOOGLE search should provide a number of alternative scources. Check them all then make your choice.

romanblue1
romanblue1

I just purchased the Neo 1000 2 weeks ago i noticed that when i juice apples and orange the juice leaks out to the rear housing a few drops like 10 drops .

I am concerned it is a defect ?? Any comment?

Allie
Allie

I returned mine for the same reason. Couldn't handle soft or pulpy fruits like pineapple, citrus and even tomatoes.

Michele de Reuck

There are no recipes or instructions on using the Adjustable Pressure Cap in the Instruction manual I received with the Oscar DA-1000, is it possible that you could make some available for me to print out?

Dnastrand

Unfortunately there is nothing in the manual/recipe book regarding the adjustable pressure cap. In fact one criticism of the appliance is that important information like the pressure cap is missing from the brochures. I have only used the Neo for juicing, and adjusting the cap for the amount of fibre extracted from the produce was achieved by trial and error. I normally leave it on around 3 for juicing, and could not advise you on the settings for pasta, etc. Perhaps the manufacturer could advise the recommended settings. Perhaps other users could also provide advice.

Oscar   DM

Hi Michele. Our manual has been updated to include details for use of the pulp adjustment nozzle after feedback from our customers. Possibly you have received just prior to the update.

As a guide for coarser produce such as carrots, beetroots or greens such as spinach we recommend setting the nozzle on the higher numbers. 3-4 is perfect.

When juicing softer produce such as pineapple or organes we recommend the lower settings so a 2 would be ideal. With softer produce it is also recommended to utilise the rubber end of the plunger included like a kitchen plunger, so no force required just move the plunger up and down the chute which releases more juice.

The nozzle is not used for any of the processing settings. It is for juicing only. For pasta the nozzle is removed and replaced with the relevant pasta shape that you require.

The settings may vary dependant on personal taste as some people do like more pulp in their juice.

Hope this helps,looks like you did figure out the ideal settings but if you need any other tips at all please let us know.

Michele de Reuck

Thank you so much for your reply. I have been just keeping the setting on 5, but will try out your recommendations. However just when would you need to set it on 5?

k.a.g
k.a.g

Does anyone know if this juicer can also make nut milks (from soaked nuts)? I have read that others (e.g. Hurom juicers) are able to, but I can't find any information on the Oscar.

Dnastrand

It certainly does. Just soak soybeans, rice, or nuts for a minimum of 8 hours. Rinse and drain. Then use the mincing screen and feed the mixture inthe the chute with a small amount of water.You can reduce the sediment by placing a sieve over the collection bowl or strain through a muslin cloth.By using soybeans you can make tofu by adding a curdling agent. I notice that there the Vitamix blender zaps unpeeled fruit, nuts, etc. with a smoothie llike consistency, but I find that the Oscar Neo does a better job with little sediment. Hope this answers your question. Cheers,

Bob1185
Bob1185

Does the oscar da-1000-neo juicer come with a recipe book?

Boshy888
Boshy888

The user manual comes with some recipes for juices, wheat grass, raw soup, nut butters, pasta, sweets and tips for making bean, rice and nut milksand pasta . Its not a large recipe section - just 20 pages but it is enough to get you started.

Michele de Reuck

There are no recipes in the Instruction manual I received with my Oscar DA-1000, could you make them available for me to print out?

Oscar   DM

Hi Michele, The Oscar should have come with a recipe book so would love to send one out to you via email or post. We also keep our website blog updated with recipes and health articles which may be of interest.

Please email us direct via customerservice@vitality4life.com to advise preference and address and we will arrange to send out for you.

Our blog page is available at the below link ;

external link

Tullee
Tullee

Are there any juicers that can grind and crush ice as well, so that you can make boost smoothies with just one machine ?

Ros
Ros

Boost uses vitamix blenders as far as I know. I own a Thermomix and its recipe book includes recipes for 'Boost style' juices. The Oscar machines do have an additional attachment for grinding ice (and others for mincing meat/slicing veggies too). The Healthstart Compact Premier juicer is significantly cheaper and comes with mincing attachment included (not sure whether it can grind ice, though).

Ripgurl
Ripgurl

VitaEasy Blender is perfect for all of this and only costs $549.00. With a 3 Horsepower motor, you cant go wrong. You can find it on Ebay, I got one 2 months ago and I use it for everything.

Oscar   DM

Hi Tullee. Juicers remove insoluble fibre from produce, and blenders use a cutting action to homegenise produce. Both juicing and blending have enormous benefits. Juicing, particularly with a cold pressing juicer, opens up the cell wall, removing the fibre which allows for increased absorption of intact enzymes and nutrients. The soluable fibre remains in the juice. This gives us a very quick nutrient delivery, our digestive system a rest and is easier than eating 10 carrots, half a beetroot, a bunch of kale, apples and cucumbers. The gentle extraction means juice extracted by a cold pressed juicer can be stored for up to 48 hours (72 in some cases) as it still alive. A quality blender with strong motor and blades will cut (not shred) the produce... avocado, nuts, leafy greens, and pulpy fruits can be combined. The fibre remains so less produce can be consumed. Please contact me at michelle@vitality4life.com if I can help with anything at all. All the very best, Michelle.

Get an answer from our members and Oscar representatives