5Oscar Neo DA-1000

3.8

66% · 4116 · 26%

Brightlife.me
Brightlife.meDulwich Hill2 posts

A year on and going strong

I've had my Oscar Neo for probably a year now and its still going strong and I use it probably every day for making dips, juices, nut flour and butter and sorbet's with frozen fruit, cubes of frozen coconut cream and activated nuts (kids just love to help out with and eat). When juicing there is a build up of fibrous material but I just clear it as I can make a litre at a time and keep it for 2 days fresh. Its amazing and worth the money as it also spurred me on to being healthier in everything else.
its quiet, makes me eat healthier, juice really lasts 48 hours and Sorbets are great entertainment for kids
Have to pull fibres material from the core but I am juicing a lot so its understandable and still better than centrifugal
Geoff C******
Geoff C******12 posts

Oscar
Oscar   DM
RobM
RobMSydney3 posts

Shame about the after sales service

The machine whilst it works was great. having had it for 2 months the juice strainer cracked. A clear warranty case you would think . Not according to V4L . I have reminded them of the consumer code that puts the onus on them to show that it was not a manufacturing or design defect. Given the number of cases here it looks to be a clear defect.
High quality juice, realitvely quiet operation.
Broke quickly and V4L trying to avoid warranty obligation
Oscar
Oscar   DM
Mark S
Mark SSouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts

Celia
CeliaMelbourne2 posts

Works very well!

Very impressed with the oscar neo after a previous bad experience with another juicer. I have been using it everyday and it is very reliable and does its job well. I really like the settings that the oscar neo comes with which allows you to control its pulp/duty. It looks good and i recommend it if you are looking for a cold press juicer. the only downside is that the recommended time of using the juicer is 30mins, and the machine gets quite hot if you use it for 20mins +. As for cost $500 was quite expensive compared to my previous juicer, but it was totally worth the money and investment.
Reliable, clean, easy to use
machine gets abit hot, fairly expensive
Roy
RoySouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts

Astro
AstroWellington, New Zealand

Money well spent!

The Oscar handles everything we throw at it, and makes incredible juice. The different pressure settings are really useful when changing from soft to hard fruits/vegetables.

It did cost a lot to buy, but I'm definitely confident it will last longer than any of the cheaper types of juicers, especially non-masticating juicers.

It's much quieter than the last juicer we had, which was a Breville, non-masticating juicer and leaves behind MUCH less pulp.
Easy to use, reliable, relatively quiet, sturdy.
When you put it into reverse, sometimes liquid gets into the part where the components attach to the engine, but this isn't a major, as a handtowel easily absorbs any liquid.

ajskins
ajskinsAU17 posts

Zoe
ZoeMelbourne4 posts

MCA
MCA

Loving my Oscar Neo

This is the first juicer I have ever used and I am loving it. The machine is easy to assemble, operate and clean. It is quiet and doesn't vibrate when in operation. I am experimenting with various combinations of fruit and veg, and typically make two different types of juice each day. The most time consuming part is preparing the fruit and veg for juicing, as the chute is quite small. There is a dial which helps to manage the amount of pulp. There are additional attachments for making other things like noodles, but my main interest is in the juicer. Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase.
Easy to assemble, operate and clean.
jreview
jreviewSydney2 posts

mca
mca4 posts

Love it!!!!

This is my first time juicing and I am loving it so far. It tastes amazing..so fresh and lots of juice and hardly any waste. Good quality product. So easy to use and keeps all nutrients from food. I also got a free wheat grass/ herb grower with mine from Vitality 4 Life. Thanks! Arrived very quickly. Very happy customer.

The only small thing is I find the feeding shute a bit narrow so you have to chop everything small...but maybe this is the way it has to be to be effective. It's all worth it. Show reply

Dnastrand

Kitty
KittySydney, NSW12 posts

Anon
Anon

Kitty you should persist with seeking replacement under warranty. Sometimes companies try to shirk their responsibilities, but if you have not misused it, it shd be replaced. Contact consumer affairs if you get stuck. Good luck!

Juicers

PamelaR
Ray Clare
Ray ClareCleveland7 posts

Fragile

I purchased this considerably expensive juicer, the plastic strainer/juicer attachment failed (Split down the side). The manufacturer would not replace.....beware. The juicer worked fine for a period however it seems the components are not up to operation in a domestic environment. I have been offered a replacement part at my cos plus delivery. Not good enough for a top end product.
Good whilst working
Poor aftersales/ warranty
Zalia
Zalia

How about the 10 year warranty on this product? What did they say to that?

Tony76
Tony76Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Boshy888
Boshy888NSW, 244434 posts

Heather22
Heather22Coffs Harbour5 posts

Love it!!

After much research, I decided to buy this juicer. I have had it for about two months and absolutely love it! It is easy to clean and we make fresh juice each morning. I am now eating a lot more veggies and feel better for it. The juice is amazing. We use the pulp in bread and cake mixes.
Everything!