Oscar Wylee

Oscar Wylee

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (188)

zann

zannGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very poor quality

Decided to try Oscar Wylee early this year instead of Spec Savers. Very Disappointed in the quality of the frames. My frames are coming apart after a couple of months of purchase. Service in some stores is terrible as well. Next year back to spec savers.

Store LocationAirport West Melbourne
Claudia K.

Claudia K.Perth, WA

Cheaply made, won't fix.

I bought two pairs of glasses from Oscar Wylee in October 2019.
First off, they feel really cheap and flimsy, so of course one pair (Aries) broke in the middle of the nose only after a few months of daily use, so I went back to the store and asked if they could replace, fix or recycle them but they said nope.
So now I'm on second pair (Tamara), which is starting to get green tarnishing between the metal and plastic, they also feel like they're going to break when I clean them.
While I like the look of the frames they sell, I won't be buying from them again.

Store LocationOscary Wylee Carousel, WA
Jenny K.

Jenny K.Perth, WA

Great Range and very competitive pricing

I was meant to book an eye test with another chain, but ended up at Oscar Wylee. As I'd never heard of them before I went on line and read the reviews and was a bit concerned, but it's like anything, someone's experience can be bad whilst someone else's can be great. I'm so happy that I decided to try them for myself. I was very pleased with the huge range and the optometrist is very thorough. The staff are very friendly and helpful and I didn't feel pushed or rushed. Will definitely use again.

Store LocationMidland WA 6056

Find out how Oscar Wylee compares to other Optical Retailers

Buyer beware, staff aren’t trained!

Store LocationMidland, WA
Neil C.

Neil C.

Excellent service

Both my husband and I purchased glasses from Airport West, John the manager went above and beyond our expectations, fantastic service and product. Thank you John cannot recommend service highly enough. Jackie

Store LocationAirport West

Nice frames, faulty lenses

Sunil V.

Sunil V.Sydney, NSW

Went to book an appointment for eye check and specs, left without appointment

Store LocationHornsby
Courtney

Courtney South East Queensland, QLD

Unprofessional! Part way through test & advised me optometrist needed to leave on time & wanted to rebook second half

Unbelievably unprofessional. Steer clear of chermside store. They cancelled and tried to rebook my appt part way through the consult so the optometrist wouldn’t be late to leave.

Store LocationChermside

Good customer service but terrible product

Received very good customer service but have to say the quality of the glasses are terrible.
The glasses became scratched and scuffed ( to the inside of the lens) within a month - and this I am someone who only takes my glasses off to sleep at night. The frames feel flimsy and do not retain shape and constantly feels like it is falling.
The overall quality and value for money is miles behind other retailers ( eg Specsavers, Bailey Nelson) that i have used previously. In fact I am back to wearing a 3 year old pair of Specsavers glasses as my new Oscar Wylee pair is unwearable.
I hope that the lens will be covered under the warranty policy and will be going back to the store to follow up.

Verena

VerenaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality lenses - don’t buy from them

I bought new glasses and lenses from Oscar Wylee in Indrooroopilly/ Brisbane 1 year and 3 months ago. The coating on the lenses peeling off within a year. I have been wearing glasses for more than 20 years and this has never happened to me before with any of the other optical stores that I have been using. This is the first time that I bought new glasses and lenses from Oscar Wylee. When I asked the manager why this is happening, I was given no answer. However, she told me that Oscar Wylee only guarantee for 1 year and that there is nothing that she can do for me. Very disappointing! Lenses should last many years and not just 1 year and 3 months. No wonder Oscar Wylee only guarantees for one year with such poor quality products.

Store LocationOscar Wylee in Indrooroopilly/ Brisbane QLD
Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Jessica @ Southland Excellent

I was so impressed by Jessica at Southland Store, she was so kind and helpful
Such a great experience have already recommended her to others

Store LocationSouthland Vic

Moonee Ponds Store Discriminate

Optometrist would not complete my appointment unless I had an exemption in writing for not wearing a face mask. Very poor customer service and I would not recommend to others if you want to be treated like a human being.

A+ customer service.

I found the Helensvale store to be very welcoming and prompt with appointments. The store is well lite to show off their wide range of glasses. It was hard to choose as very spoilt for choice. The frames look well made and strong so very satisfied when I bought my two pairs of glasses.

Store LocationWestfield Helensvale

Poor customer experience at Westfield Doncaster

The store at Westfield Doncaster was totally unobliging when I was running less than three minutes late due to the traffic lights at their centre. When I tried to explain they completely dismissed my reason and said I would need to book another time. The store is run with complete inflexibility towards customers and they are all about the bottom line. pushing through customers every 20 minutes like a production line. I am glad I have taken my business elsewhere as, from reading the reviews below, it sounds like the product isn’t that great either.

Store LocationDoncaster Westfield
SusanWilson

SusanWilsonMELBOURNE

They have been found by the Federal Court to have engaged in deceptive conduct.

I bought glasses from Oscar Wylee a couple of years ago. One of my main motivations for choosing Oscar Wylee was their claim that for every pair of glasses bought, they would donate a pair to someone in need. The glasses are fine, and the price was equivalent to other basic quality glasses stores, so I returned to the website today to purchase a new pair. There I found a corrective notice from the Federal Court of Australia that in fact they had donated less than one percent of the number they had advertised. I was so unhappy about this that I have chosen to review them here, so that anyone else who have heard of Oscar Wylee as an ethical choice will be able to benefit from my experience.

Carlos R.

Carlos R.asked

do you guarantee glasses from scratches and if so for how long

Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.

Hi Carlos, I believe all the glasses in Oscar Wylee comes with scratch-resistant coating. I am not sure how long the coating will last for but I received my glasses in June and I wear it daily. Up till now, there have been no scratches yet. (p.s I am pretty careless when it comes to my glasses) Hope this helps!

Julie Pownall
Julie Pownall

You would be best to ring Oscar Wylee and ask them about the coating etc available.

Ari D.

Ari D.asked

Did you have problems with the prescription?
I have been using my new glasses for a week and I feel that my sight got worse with them and my headache as well, I feel that I see things more blurry and I get tired easily... Now reading all the bad reviews I am scared about having invested more than 200 dollars in this brand.

Jinty
Jinty

Not at all. I’m very happy. I was worried about graduated but they are excellent.

Bronnie T.
Bronnie T.

I do feel as though the script isn't quite right. But mine is quite complicated.

HERIVELTO M.

HERIVELTO M.asked

Thank you so much, my glasses are just arrived, I m so happy, Herivelto from Melbourne

Get an answer from our members and Oscar Wylee representatives