Oscar Wylee

• Return Claim MadeYes (13) · No

Narelle F.

Narelle F.South East Queensland, QLD

Nice frames

I got two pairs of glasses recently from the Morayfield store. One of the frames had a fault in it, but had no problems when I went back to store to get it changed. Looking at others reviews though, I do need to say I got my eye test and prescription done at OPSM, but the frames there didn't feel comfy. Can't speak for the quality of eye test services.

Store LocationMorayfield QLD
Ms Downunder

Ms DownunderGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Interrogated for 30mins on phone just to make an appointment.

I called as mt glasses (2) pair for computer & reading were not right, all I wanted was to have another test to correct the glass. The girl had me on the phone for over 25mins, even questioning if the glasses I had were from them? I lost it at the end telling her I was not going to be harassed this way, never again will I go there.

Store LocationSouthland Cheltenham
Beth

BethSouth East Queensland, QLD

I can SEEEEEEEE........

Extremely happy with the service, lots of frames to choose from, super stylish and sexy. They do not disappoint. 100% would recommend. Go make an appointment NOW! GO!!!! Be quick or they will be gone!

Store LocationIndooroopilly

Optical Retailers

Find out how Oscar Wylee compares to other Optical Retailers

Kerry

Kerry

APPALLING after sales service and inferior quality frames.

My frames began to corrode within 5 months of purchase.
I requested a refund for the frames and was offered the same frames as a replacement.
I requested a refund again and was offered different frames.
Covid restrictions prevent me from travelling across the QLD border to get to the OW store in Brisbane.
This dispute has gone on for 6 months and OW are now saying take what we've offered or lose your warranty protection which expires in October.
I am entitled to a refund.
I have referred this matter to the ACCC.

Store LocationAlbert St Brisbane
jeremy

jeremySydney, NSW

More proof that cheap up front = costly long term

Bought titanium-frame multifocals with photochromic option Nov 2018. Arm hinge snapped (it actually snapped - it wasn't just the screw) July 2020. Have just been told it's "well out of warranty" and I'm therefore up for complete replacement - about AUD$500.
Clearly not satisfactory.
My last pair of frames (Ted Baker), purchased 2009, cost more but lasted me close to 10 years.
Cust service good - guy superglued them together for me, but couldn't oblige any further.

Store LocationHornsby
MMM

MMMGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst service I have ever seen

Not only 2 month waiting to collect glasses I purchase but also there was terrifying service. They didn’t do there responsibility for customer, they only just sell glasses. I have never seen this terrible service compare to other optimisty, I will not buy glasses again this shop and never recommend to my friend. I waste $250 for buying glasses at this shop which is in QV, Melbourne.

Store LocationQV in Melbourne

Polarisation problems ion sunglasses

Mick P.

Mick P.Sydney, NSW

Crappie customer service

I brought reading glasses in July with scratch proof lenses as I am a truck driver and am hard on my glasses
3 months have gone buy and low and behold the lenses a scratching to the point I can't use the glasses
I went back to the shop and was advised by them this was general wear and tear
I have written emails to the complaint department but nobody really cares they say I will have to order new lenses
I can not stress enough this shop is only there to milk you
I will never be visiting any of your stores again and I will stay outside your shop and warn customers about your crappie practices
Should of stayed at spec savers

Store LocationWETHERILL park
Unhappy Customer

Unhappy Customer

Incorrect Lenses and poor training

My glasses were posted to my home as I live regional NSW, posted Monday arrived Friday so slow, tried on could not read small print via multi focal, called store and was advised told to go to another spectacle shop for them to adjust. So the next day drove 2 hrs back to the shop, was advised that the multi focal was for general, sent back to the manufacture rang a week later advised I had to wait 14 days for a remake. Then the following day received a txt that they had arrived, still incorrect. Got a refund but stupid girl hit credit not savings so now I have to wait 3 to 5 days and staff don’t know how to re credit the health insurance fund. Don’t shop here unless you want cheap glasses with cheap service

Store LocationTuggerah
Optical Retailers

Find out how Oscar Wylee compares to other Optical Retailers

aaliyahnics

aaliyahnicsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The products were perfect!

The products were such in a lovely package and they arrived quickly when I ordered them online. I love the sunnies since they’re in perfect condition and matches any style I have.

Store LocationOscar Wylee

Poor quality

We purchased a pair of glasses for my 23 yr old daughter. After2 months the frames were cracked. Company willing to replace the same item but not willing to change frame. Very poor quality of our original frame . I was very unhappy. Won’t shop there again. Avoid this organisation

Store LocationChatswood
Viru

ViruSydney, NSW

Poor product quality and customer support

I have purchased a pair and observed irritation in my eyes after wearing them. It was difficult to realize that its because of the product quality as I wear them occasional. I reached to the store about the issue and ask them for resolution of it but unfortunately didn't get any support.

Store LocationWestfield Penrith

Couldn’t wear the glasses

I bought 2 pairs of multi focal glasses from the fountain gate store. I could not see my computer screen. Went back and they changed one pair to office glasses. They have been sitting in my draw ever since. Wearing my old trusty spec savers.

Store LocationFountain Gate

Carlos R.

Carlos R.asked

do you guarantee glasses from scratches and if so for how long

Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.

Hi Carlos, I believe all the glasses in Oscar Wylee comes with scratch-resistant coating. I am not sure how long the coating will last for but I received my glasses in June and I wear it daily. Up till now, there have been no scratches yet. (p.s I am pretty careless when it comes to my glasses) Hope this helps!

Julie Pownall
Julie Pownall

You would be best to ring Oscar Wylee and ask them about the coating etc available.

Ari D.

Ari D.asked

Did you have problems with the prescription?
I have been using my new glasses for a week and I feel that my sight got worse with them and my headache as well, I feel that I see things more blurry and I get tired easily... Now reading all the bad reviews I am scared about having invested more than 200 dollars in this brand.

Jinty
Jinty

Not at all. I’m very happy. I was worried about graduated but they are excellent.

Bronnie T.
Bronnie T.

I do feel as though the script isn't quite right. But mine is quite complicated.

HERIVELTO M.

HERIVELTO M.asked

Thank you so much, my glasses are just arrived, I m so happy, Herivelto from Melbourne

Get an answer from our members and Oscar Wylee representatives