Oscar Wylee

Oscar Wylee (page 2 of 17)

Good customer service but terrible product

Received very good customer service but have to say the quality of the glasses are terrible.
The glasses became scratched and scuffed ( to the inside of the lens) within a month - and this I am someone who only takes my glasses off to sleep at night. The frames feel flimsy and do not retain shape and constantly feels like it is falling.
The overall quality and value for money is miles behind other retailers ( eg Specsavers, Bailey Nelson) that i have used previously. In fact I am back to wearing a 3 year old pair of Specsavers glasses as my new Oscar Wylee pair is unwearable.
I hope that the lens will be covered under the warranty policy and will be going back to the store to follow up.

Verena
VerenaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality lenses - don’t buy from them

I bought new glasses and lenses from Oscar Wylee in Indrooroopilly/ Brisbane 1 year and 3 months ago. The coating on the lenses peeling off within a year. I have been wearing glasses for more than 20 years and this has never happened to me before with any of the other optical stores that I have been using. This is the first time that I bought new glasses and lenses from Oscar Wylee. When I asked the manager why this is happening, I was given no answer. However, she told me that Oscar Wylee only guarantee for 1 year and that there is nothing that she can do for me. Very disappointing! Lenses should last many years and not just 1 year and 3 months. No wonder Oscar Wylee only guarantees for one year with such poor quality products.

May
MayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor customer service

This is my 3rd time to visit their shop in Highpoint shopping centre. Even i come early still ive waited for more than 10 mins from my scheduled appointment. They cancelled my Sunday sched coz the optometrist is nt coming but when i call them that ill be late by 5 mins and went to their shop i wasnt accomodated becoz thats their rule. Huh but they kept their customers waiting. The lady who assisted me last time to pick up the type of my lens was rude. Very inconsiderate. Will never come back & not recommend to my fam & friends.

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Jessica @ Southland Excellent

I was so impressed by Jessica at Southland Store, she was so kind and helpful
Such a great experience have already recommended her to others

Lan
Lan

Inexperienced Sales and Bad Quality of Frames

Matthew S.
Matthew S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Erina Fair store is more than fair.

Moonee Ponds Store Discriminate

Optometrist would not complete my appointment unless I had an exemption in writing for not wearing a face mask. Very poor customer service and I would not recommend to others if you want to be treated like a human being.

A+ customer service.

I found the Helensvale store to be very welcoming and prompt with appointments. The store is well lite to show off their wide range of glasses. It was hard to choose as very spoilt for choice. The frames look well made and strong so very satisfied when I bought my two pairs of glasses.

TAM THE GREAT

I have had to come in to fix my frames a 3 times and Tam from Highpoint has helped me all those times. She has great customer service and so lovely. Thanks Tam! I hope Oscar Wylee looks after you just like you've looked after me.

Barbara.

Store LocationHighpoint

Find out how Oscar Wylee compares to other Optical Retailers

Beautiful frames, great customer service from staff at OW Highpoint!

The store was easy to locate since I have gone there a couple of time but has always hesitant in buying glasses there. Recently I have had a change in thought and decided to book for an eye test and get new frames. I was welcomed by Sharleen and Zeus who were extremely helpful and friendly towards me and my partner (he went and got his test done as well). Zeus took his time breaking down costs and answered any queries I had in regards to buying the products and Sharleen helped me figure out which frames were best for my face. ask for them if you ever decided to go by OW at highpoint

Poor customer experience at Westfield Doncaster

The store at Westfield Doncaster was totally unobliging when I was running less than three minutes late due to the traffic lights at their centre. When I tried to explain they completely dismissed my reason and said I would need to book another time. The store is run with complete inflexibility towards customers and they are all about the bottom line. pushing through customers every 20 minutes like a production line. I am glad I have taken my business elsewhere as, from reading the reviews below, it sounds like the product isn’t that great either.

SusanWilson
SusanWilsonMELBOURNE

They have been found by the Federal Court to have engaged in deceptive conduct.

I bought glasses from Oscar Wylee a couple of years ago. One of my main motivations for choosing Oscar Wylee was their claim that for every pair of glasses bought, they would donate a pair to someone in need. The glasses are fine, and the price was equivalent to other basic quality glasses stores, so I returned to the website today to purchase a new pair. There I found a corrective notice from the Federal Court of Australia that in fact they had donated less than one percent of the number they had advertised. I was so unhappy about this that I have chosen to review them here, so that anyone else who have heard of Oscar Wylee as an ethical choice will be able to benefit from my experience.

Disappointed
DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Doncaster, VIC branch was not accurate on eye testing and misdiagnosed

Yes Oscar Wylee Frames are nice and affordable but it was the staff and eye testing that inspired me to do this undesirable reviews. The testing was not thorough that when my specs arrive it came out worst to the extent that i can't used it. The size was not measured when i was on the store so as expected it came out very loose and tight to the nose. Yes it was cheap but it was a waste for i can't use it. Please invest more on equiptments and quality of service, from optometrist to staffs. i was even misdiagnosed with a cataract that when i went for second opinion, my eyes healthy only the vision having issues. Jeez!

K.Fisher
K.FisherSydney, NSW

Amazing staff and fabulous selection

Optometrist and floor staff were all amazingly helpful! Examination was thorough and range of eyewear was fantastic not to mention extremely affordable!!!! Very happy!!!

Jen
JenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely poor company with low Optometry standards

They neglect basic requirements of an Optometry test. Most of their stores don't even have proper equipment to do a proper thorough eye test. Their "dispensers" don't seem to know much about optics, just fashion. Tests seem short and rushed; I imagine they just squeeze every patient in to squeeze every penny out. Products are cheap and nasty. You get what you pay for.

Carlos R.
Carlos R.asked

do you guarantee glasses from scratches and if so for how long

Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.

Hi Carlos, I believe all the glasses in Oscar Wylee comes with scratch-resistant coating. I am not sure how long the coating will last for but I received my glasses in June and I wear it daily. Up till now, there have been no scratches yet. (p.s I am pretty careless when it comes to my glasses) Hope this helps!

Julie Pownall
Julie Pownall

You would be best to ring Oscar Wylee and ask them about the coating etc available.

Ari D.
Ari D.asked

Did you have problems with the prescription?
I have been using my new glasses for a week and I feel that my sight got worse with them and my headache as well, I feel that I see things more blurry and I get tired easily... Now reading all the bad reviews I am scared about having invested more than 200 dollars in this brand.

Jinty
Jinty

Not at all. I’m very happy. I was worried about graduated but they are excellent.

Bronnie T.
Bronnie T.

I do feel as though the script isn't quite right. But mine is quite complicated.

HERIVELTO M.
HERIVELTO M.asked

Thank you so much, my glasses are just arrived, I m so happy, Herivelto from Melbourne

Get an answer from our members and Oscar Wylee representatives