Oscar Wylee

Oscar Wylee

zann
zannGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very poor quality

Decided to try Oscar Wylee early this year instead of Spec Savers. Very Disappointed in the quality of the frames. My frames are coming apart after a couple of months of purchase. Service in some stores is terrible as well. Next year back to spec savers.

Susan S.
Susan S.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I was treated with contempt! Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced!

Store LocationPacific Epping Victoria
Claudia K.
Claudia K.Perth, WA

Cheaply made, won't fix.

I bought two pairs of glasses from Oscar Wylee in October 2019.
First off, they feel really cheap and flimsy, so of course one pair (Aries) broke in the middle of the nose only after a few months of daily use, so I went back to the store and asked if they could replace, fix or recycle them but they said nope.
So now I'm on second pair (Tamara), which is starting to get green tarnishing between the metal and plastic, they also feel like they're going to break when I clean them.
While I like the look of the frames they sell, I won't be buying from them again.

Terrible Quality And Service

Store LocationChatswood Chase

Buyer beware, staff aren’t trained!

KIC
KICSydney, NSW

Very snooty staff.

I hadn't even entered the store yet (and it was my first encounter with any Oscar Wylee store) and the blonde chick manning the door totally gave me attitude. This was during the height of the pandemic so there was a limit on the number of customers in the store. This was not the problem and nor was my having to wait. It was just her b*tchy and snooty vibe that totally put me off from wanting to deal with or purchase anything from them ever again. Do they want customers or not? Because that kind of behaviour would put anyone off. This was the Pitt Street store. Avoid.

Store LocationPitt St, Sydney

AlishaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lenses unusable

Sunil V.
Sunil V.Sydney, NSW

Went to book an appointment for eye check and specs, left without appointment

Courtney
Courtney South East Queensland, QLD

Unprofessional! Part way through test & advised me optometrist needed to leave on time & wanted to rebook second half

Unbelievably unprofessional. Steer clear of chermside store. They cancelled and tried to rebook my appt part way through the consult so the optometrist wouldn’t be late to leave.

Verena
VerenaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality lenses - don’t buy from them

I bought new glasses and lenses from Oscar Wylee in Indrooroopilly/ Brisbane 1 year and 3 months ago. The coating on the lenses peeling off within a year. I have been wearing glasses for more than 20 years and this has never happened to me before with any of the other optical stores that I have been using. This is the first time that I bought new glasses and lenses from Oscar Wylee. When I asked the manager why this is happening, I was given no answer. However, she told me that Oscar Wylee only guarantee for 1 year and that there is nothing that she can do for me. Very disappointing! Lenses should last many years and not just 1 year and 3 months. No wonder Oscar Wylee only guarantees for one year with such poor quality products.

May
MayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor customer service

This is my 3rd time to visit their shop in Highpoint shopping centre. Even i come early still ive waited for more than 10 mins from my scheduled appointment. They cancelled my Sunday sched coz the optometrist is nt coming but when i call them that ill be late by 5 mins and went to their shop i wasnt accomodated becoz thats their rule. Huh but they kept their customers waiting. The lady who assisted me last time to pick up the type of my lens was rude. Very inconsiderate. Will never come back & not recommend to my fam & friends.

Moonee Ponds Store Discriminate

Optometrist would not complete my appointment unless I had an exemption in writing for not wearing a face mask. Very poor customer service and I would not recommend to others if you want to be treated like a human being.

Poor customer experience at Westfield Doncaster

The store at Westfield Doncaster was totally unobliging when I was running less than three minutes late due to the traffic lights at their centre. When I tried to explain they completely dismissed my reason and said I would need to book another time. The store is run with complete inflexibility towards customers and they are all about the bottom line. pushing through customers every 20 minutes like a production line. I am glad I have taken my business elsewhere as, from reading the reviews below, it sounds like the product isn’t that great either.

Carlos R.
Carlos R.asked

do you guarantee glasses from scratches and if so for how long

Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.

Hi Carlos, I believe all the glasses in Oscar Wylee comes with scratch-resistant coating. I am not sure how long the coating will last for but I received my glasses in June and I wear it daily. Up till now, there have been no scratches yet. (p.s I am pretty careless when it comes to my glasses) Hope this helps!

Julie Pownall
Julie Pownall

You would be best to ring Oscar Wylee and ask them about the coating etc available.

Ari D.
Ari D.asked

Did you have problems with the prescription?
I have been using my new glasses for a week and I feel that my sight got worse with them and my headache as well, I feel that I see things more blurry and I get tired easily... Now reading all the bad reviews I am scared about having invested more than 200 dollars in this brand.

Jinty
Jinty

Not at all. I’m very happy. I was worried about graduated but they are excellent.

Bronnie T.
Bronnie T.

I do feel as though the script isn't quite right. But mine is quite complicated.

HERIVELTO M.
HERIVELTO M.asked

Thank you so much, my glasses are just arrived, I m so happy, Herivelto from Melbourne

Get an answer from our members and Oscar Wylee representatives