Allie D
Allie DSydney, NSW

Good design and range, poor quality

Liked it at the beginning, so purchased two pair of glasses. Everyone asked for the brand. However, the quality was little disappointed. Keeps missing screws in first months, the frame's metal part got rusted. Warranty claimed, got a new pair same thing happen. Probably will not go back..

Good customer service but terrible product

Received very good customer service but have to say the quality of the glasses are terrible.
The glasses became scratched and scuffed ( to the inside of the lens) within a month - and this I am someone who only takes my glasses off to sleep at night. The frames feel flimsy and do not retain shape and constantly feels like it is falling.
The overall quality and value for money is miles behind other retailers ( eg Specsavers, Bailey Nelson) that i have used previously. In fact I am back to wearing a 3 year old pair of Specsavers glasses as my new Oscar Wylee pair is unwearable.
I hope that the lens will be covered under the warranty policy and will be going back to the store to follow up.

Better equipment and full optical services

They really need to upgrade their equipment to include what is considered standard. For example cameras, fields machines, contact lenses and oct machines. Especially contact lenses this is the only optometrits that doesn't offer them. The equipment is basic at best, the staff do their best but it really doesn't meet expectations

Optical Retailers

AJMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Trendy range - bad quality

Miss Reviewer
Miss ReviewerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Should’ve read the reviews first!

I’ve had my glasses for under 3 months and they’re already broken, they look nice but are pretty poor quality imo. I’ve also emailed them 3 time for separate inquiries and never got a reply back ever... It’s pretty poor form. I’ve now decided to go to a well known company to get new glasses and they handled things a lot more professionally.

JosephOGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mixed bag progressives and mid range off

JosephO

I went back to the shop this afternoon. They finally have a checked on the prescription and re-calibrated the eye position on the frame as they realized my eye's line of sight is not symmetrical. Good job this time and appreciate it

Oscar WyleeOscar Wylee

Hi Joseph, I'm glad our team got that sorted out for you!

bron.campbell.374
bron.campbell.374Victoria, Australia

Picked up glasses for second time, wrong frames the first time. The assistant who serviced me first was lovely (Prue), the second assistant was dressed like she just was going out to a café ( Jeans and t shirt) I was just handed the glasses no offering to check them on. I also think that they should present themselves the represent the Company, which means to me you don't wear your glasses on your head.
Happy with the eye wear just not the services that was not offered

GEE-SHOCK
GEE-SHOCKSydney, NSW

Would not recommend

- Staff do not have the knowledge to provide valuable advice in selecting the frame that would match to your face. ! I got glasses from them - the nose pads are very hard . Just feel for yourself, they are hurting my nose.
- Their lenses are made of poor quality, I would recommend branded lenses. Stylish frames but not quite comfortable !
- Some staff can be quite impatient to help you adjust frames for you or don’t even have the required optical knowledge.
- Manager at Top Ryde is highly unprofessional. Impatient. Imply my lenses that I got somewhere else are not genuine.

Optical Retailers

Find out how Oscar Wylee compares to other Optical Retailers

Cheap but definitely not worth it - go to a higher quality glasses provider

emda
emda

Smug service. Disappointing

I liked the advertised frames so thought I would give them ago. Disappointingly the service staff were insincere and smug.

Despite no one in store and no appointments after me, I was given a warning for being 10mins late to appointment despite my apology from the outset.

Optometrist also wasn't willing/didnt have knowledge of other aspects of service delivery eg option to order glasses online.

Sales staff proceeded to have an unprofessional chat between each other as I tried on frames.

Carlos R.
Carlos R.asked

do you guarantee glasses from scratches and if so for how long

Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.

Hi Carlos, I believe all the glasses in Oscar Wylee comes with scratch-resistant coating. I am not sure how long the coating will last for but I received my glasses in June and I wear it daily. Up till now, there have been no scratches yet. (p.s I am pretty careless when it comes to my glasses) Hope this helps!

Julie Pownall
Julie Pownall

You would be best to ring Oscar Wylee and ask them about the coating etc available.

Ari D.
Ari D.asked

Did you have problems with the prescription?
I have been using my new glasses for a week and I feel that my sight got worse with them and my headache as well, I feel that I see things more blurry and I get tired easily... Now reading all the bad reviews I am scared about having invested more than 200 dollars in this brand.

Jinty
Jinty

Not at all. I’m very happy. I was worried about graduated but they are excellent.

Bronnie T.
Bronnie T.

I do feel as though the script isn't quite right. But mine is quite complicated.

HERIVELTO M.
HERIVELTO M.asked

Thank you so much, my glasses are just arrived, I m so happy, Herivelto from Melbourne

Get an answer from our members and Oscar Wylee representatives