Outback Equipment
See the Best Camping Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Outback Equipment

3.1
  • Return Claim MadeYes · No (42)

Paul T
Paul T

Not an Example of Good Customer Service

Purchased an Ampfibian RV Plus 15A-10A Power Cord. Took them 3 days to get to the order only cause I rang them and 2 weeks for delivery. Nothing wrong with the product but won't do any purchasing from then again. If you're from out of Queensland, don't expect service.

John Green
John GreenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cancelled order

Just cancelled order purchased over a month ago.
Last contact over two weeks ago apologized for delay and said goods would be dispatched within 5 days.
Tried phoning but automated system hangs up on you.
As a previously satisfied customer very disappointed

Beajlee P.
Beajlee P.Northern Region, NSW

A1 Service and Product Quality (During Lockdown)

Unable to fault service as finalised our online order on the Saturday and followed with a phone call on the following Monday to double check sizing is correct.

Customer service was friendly and professional. Item arrived in great time being Thursday morning of the same week. Well packaged and tracking available.

Product quality is fantastic. No faults or flaws visual at this time.
Fits perfectly. Inside is lined for additional protection.

On one problem at this current time and that is unable to actually go fish in’ due to stay at home lockdown order in place in my local area lol.

Thank you Outback Equipment for a great product and experience.
Keep up the fantastic job in these challenging times.

Perfect item

Excellent product could as for better and brilliant service thank you would recommend this to all my mates I have a mate in Newcastle going to tell him to get one

Steer Well Clear of This Mob

I placed an order and received notification of dispatch nearly a week later and still waiting for item to arrive. I should have read previous reviews before I placed order.... I won’t get caught again and will spread the word through our off road networks to steer well clear of this mob.

Sully3551
Sully3551Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Dont deal with them

Ordered and paid for suburban Nautilus on demand water heater with remote, door and vent and was told all were in stock well after several emails which were not answered and phone calls where I was told lies I put in the hand of PayPal to get refund, the product finally all arrived 6 weeks later. Will not deal with this unscrupulous company again

paul4471
paul4471Perth, WA

Aramex Couriers are a Disaster

These guys use Aramex (formerly Fastway). I have 3 orders with them now and all are 3 to 4 weeks since ordering and still not here and I'm based in Suburban Perth. Will never buy anything from them again. And Outback don't want to know about it. The Perth couriers blame the Brisbane Couriers and so on

Michelle
MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not order online for delivery

Ordered an item on the 24th, picked up by the courier they use ARAMEX on the 25th, still not here, tried to contact courier now for 2 days no response at all.
Do not order online the couriers they use are totally useless and wasted money. Will not be using this site again and do not recommend

O.O.O.O
O.O.O.OGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Professional Customer Service and Quick Delivery

I ordered a rescuemate from the website and the order was not updated in the system even after 3 business days. Since I have an upcoming trip, I called them up wanting to know the status of the order. The customer service rep was very courteous and helpful. He confirmed that they have the order and that it will be dispatched ASAP. True to their word, the item was dispatched the same day and I received the item in 2 days.. The item was packed very well and it works like a charm.

Thanks heaps. you are a true legend, Todd!

Steve
Steve

Exceptional service regardless of product purchased.

This is a company that I just keep coming back to.

Fast & efficient service and great communications. Oh, and great product too.

The flat-out hose is a must have when out on your travels. The product has improved over the years with even better fittings and will hold up to the test of time. The only reason why I've bought a new one, is that my previous one sold with the camper so a good excuse to go shopping again.

william a.
william a.Illawarra, NSW

Personal service

Just like to thank the excellent team at Outback Equipment for looking after me and helping with a delivery request. Great products.

Lyle Carter
Lyle CarterWheatbelt, WA

They do the job- good units

The covers fit and look durable should be long lasting in a Tradies vehicle with all the ins and outs creating wear and tear

Dom
DomGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great company with good products and team

Great team to deal with, this is my 2nd purchase with them and have been great service as usual. Quality product that lasts forever. Great communicators and when i asked for a last min change of colour, they were happy to do so. Will purchase again and again.

Ray R.
Ray R.Southwest, VIC

Great company to deal with.

The service and prompt delivery of the 3500kg tow bar hitch kit has been by far one of the better suppliers I have dealt with when buying online.

Mitch
MitchSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service

Exceptional service with fast email response time. Easy website to navigate and well set up. Would definitely recommend outback equipment

Andy
Andyasked

Hi, after reading these reviews it appears this is the only avenue that I may actually get some return correspondence. I've already tried two other ways with no success after waiting 4 full business days. Below is the message I emailed you after getting no response from the "contact us" option on your website:

Hi, I've ordered an item from your website, then checked my emails and discovered a 5% off voucher for subscribing to receive promotions etc, which I did before I made the purchase. While the item was still on special, I did a test run to see if I could add the coupon code and it worked fine (which I have screenshots of). I'm just wondering if you can offer a retrospective discount? I did message you through the "contact us" section of website immediately after payment but still Haven't heard back. My invoice number is N262249

Hi Andy,
Our apologies for the wait.
I've escalated this to our customer service team and someone will be in touch shortly if not already.

Taylor M.
Taylor M.

I'd recommend you spending more money elsewhere. Even though things are in stock on website doesn't mean you'll get them. And for forbid you have to do a warranty claim, you will get shafted. Look at all the reviews recently on Google, Facebook and here before purchasing. Wish I did

shane
shaneasked

Where is my order?
N255477

Hi Shane,
I've taken your query to our customer service team and someone should be in touch with you shortly.

KuklaMicerasked

I ordered and paid for a Baintech BTPP12-320 on 8th July 2020 from your website. I have checked numerous times since the 8th as to where my item is and it is still showing no tracking. I had sent an online enquiry through your messaging system on 15th July which got no response from you. So today (16th July) I rang the 1300 number and after being on hold for quite a while, I had to leave a "call back". A rep rang back at 2:42pm & after I provided my Invoice number (N241852) he advised that you were waiting for a back order of this particular item, and that he would ring me back ASAP with an expected delivery date. I couldn't believe you did not have the customer service skills and courtesy to advise me of this before I had to call you 8 days after my order. And then to make matters worse, a check of your eBay site at 2:53pm and your own website at 3:00pm, shows that this exact item is currently for sale (I have screen dumps of both of these checks which I will provide to the ACCC if a satisfactory and speedy solution to this situation is not forthcoming). So, why am I being lied too about the back order? I want my item ... and I want it now, as I cannot travel in my caravan without it.

KuklaMicer

Typical! Your silence is deafening and I still have not received a call advising when my paid-for item will be sent to me. Also, both your main website (https://www.outbackequipment.com.au/?rf=kw%3Fkw%3Dbaintech%26rf%3Dkw&sortby=highest_price) and your eBay website (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Baintech-Power-Supply-12-Volt-320-Watt-25-Amp-Unit-Portable-Caravan-Camping-4X4/283542444303?hash=item420472590f:g:vVkAAOSwnV9e6WzN) STILL have the exact item for sale. You have until 11:00am tomorrow (Saturday 18th July 2020) to provide definitive information as to why I have been lied about stock on hand, and when my item will be sent to me. Failure to do so by Outback Equipment (AUST) Pty Ltd (ABN: 736 009 731 08; Address: 2/24 Lensworth St, Coopers Plains QLD 4108) by the stated date and time WILL result in me submitting a formal complaint to the ACCC and seriously considering commencing civil court action in the Burnie Magistrates Court. The ball is in your court.

Hi KuklaMicer,

Our apologies for the lack of communication.

I have had a word with our customer service team and they have informed me that the item you ordered is expected to arrive in our warehouse this afternoon and will be dispatched on Monday with express shipping.

We have been inundated during this unprecedented time and operating at limited capacity. As a result this has made communicating with our customers in a timely manner very difficult for which we are very regretful.

Normally items are identified as being in stock as we generally have few issues with supply for items we cannot keep on hand in our warehouse due to our extensive catalogue. That is unless the supplier lets us know that they are out of stock. However, with the current state of events, supply chains have struggled with consistent communication and prompt shipping.
For this we deeply apologise and are working to get back on top of the workload to avoid situations of this nature down the track.

I believe a customer service member will also be in touch with you through email to update you on the status of your order.

Get an answer from our members and Outback Equipment representatives