Outback Equipment
See the Best Camping Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Outback Equipment

3.0
  • Return Claim MadeYes · No (18)
BDD
BDDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Better to go straight to Supplier

Ordered expensive roof rack system. Week later told wasn't actually in stock though advertised as such. No option but to wait as other suppliers had sold out by time I was told. When finally re-stocked, gets sent via courier company who was on strike! When I finally receive, many weeks after placing order, I find some fastening components wrong. Contact customer support who tell me can't help and go to the supplier direct. Should have done in first place as Outback Equipment model seems to be to take margin and that's it!

John Green
John GreenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cancelled order

Just cancelled order purchased over a month ago.
Last contact over two weeks ago apologized for delay and said goods would be dispatched within 5 days.
Tried phoning but automated system hangs up on you.
As a previously satisfied customer very disappointed

Steer Well Clear of This Mob

I placed an order and received notification of dispatch nearly a week later and still waiting for item to arrive. I should have read previous reviews before I placed order.... I won’t get caught again and will spread the word through our off road networks to steer well clear of this mob.

Sully3551
Sully3551Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Dont deal with them

Ordered and paid for suburban Nautilus on demand water heater with remote, door and vent and was told all were in stock well after several emails which were not answered and phone calls where I was told lies I put in the hand of PayPal to get refund, the product finally all arrived 6 weeks later. Will not deal with this unscrupulous company again

paul4471
paul4471Perth, WA

Aramex Couriers are a Disaster

These guys use Aramex (formerly Fastway). I have 3 orders with them now and all are 3 to 4 weeks since ordering and still not here and I'm based in Suburban Perth. Will never buy anything from them again. And Outback don't want to know about it. The Perth couriers blame the Brisbane Couriers and so on

Michelle
MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not order online for delivery

Ordered an item on the 24th, picked up by the courier they use ARAMEX on the 25th, still not here, tried to contact courier now for 2 days no response at all.
Do not order online the couriers they use are totally useless and wasted money. Will not be using this site again and do not recommend

AJC
AJCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Items shown as in stock, are not available

2 times I have had items which were shown as 'in stock' on the website, but then a few days later I get an email saying there are supply issues and there is a 30+ day delay. The reason I ordered from here was it was shown as in stock. Last time I shop with them, a blatant lie, saying items are in stock.

Mark A.
Mark A.Sydney, NSW

Delivery still not received

Other Camping Shops

Misleading advertising and no responsibility

Purchaser a towbar for specific vehicle, turned up in three main pieces that required welding, no instructions with many small pieces, no mention of this in advert, showed picture of fully welded towbar, customer service just said too bad, will never show with them again.

JohnPerth, WA

Absolutely shocking don’t go anywhere near them!!!

This place is a joke I’ve tried to call them for two days nothing whatsoever then a guy by the name of [Name Removed] will answer emails but not the phone be very careful with this company

John

Didn’t get anywhere with your useless team member Daniel

Stephen W.
Stephen W.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely Pathetic, Ripped off with no goods and money not refunded

This company took my money for 2 items which they told me were in stock and over $150. Ten days later still nothing from one suburb to another in Brisbane. After countless unanswered phone calls and contacts, I was eventually informed there is no stock and I will not get a refund I have to wait another 2 weeks for the items to come. If I want a refund I have to go through due process, which does not work on the first 4 attempts. Still no refund and they do not answer the phone. DO NOT HAND OVER MONEY until you see the goods in front of you. and they are still advertising they have the same items in stock with no respect for Australian Law.

Low quality product for premium price + zero costumer service => AVOID

Erik
Erik

Funny how you respond straight away to a review on this website, while simply ignoring all emails sent to you directly. Until today not a single one of my emails has been responded to. Shameful.

Find out how Outback Equipment compares to other Camping Shops

Core values need to change.

josh w
josh wSydney, NSW

worst online shopping experience I have ever had

Outback EquipmentOutback Equipment

non delivery and no contact

Ordered a $292 Alco jockey wheel 6 weeks ago. Followed up twice. Always told - its coming next week yet I am still waiting. Then I check their site and they have reduced the price for the same item by $40 but no contact and no item. Very BAD

Hi Cathie,
Our apologies for the delay in your order. One of our customer service team members will be in contact with you shortly to resolve the issue at hand.

Cathie T.
Cathie T.

Andy
Andyasked

Hi, after reading these reviews it appears this is the only avenue that I may actually get some return correspondence. I've already tried two other ways with no success after waiting 4 full business days. Below is the message I emailed you after getting no response from the "contact us" option on your website:

Hi, I've ordered an item from your website, then checked my emails and discovered a 5% off voucher for subscribing to receive promotions etc, which I did before I made the purchase. While the item was still on special, I did a test run to see if I could add the coupon code and it worked fine (which I have screenshots of). I'm just wondering if you can offer a retrospective discount? I did message you through the "contact us" section of website immediately after payment but still Haven't heard back. My invoice number is N262249

Hi Andy,
Our apologies for the wait.
I've escalated this to our customer service team and someone will be in touch shortly if not already.

Taylor M.
Taylor M.

I'd recommend you spending more money elsewhere. Even though things are in stock on website doesn't mean you'll get them. And for forbid you have to do a warranty claim, you will get shafted. Look at all the reviews recently on Google, Facebook and here before purchasing. Wish I did

shane
shaneasked

Where is my order?
N255477

Hi Shane,
I've taken your query to our customer service team and someone should be in touch with you shortly.

KuklaMicerasked

I ordered and paid for a Baintech BTPP12-320 on 8th July 2020 from your website. I have checked numerous times since the 8th as to where my item is and it is still showing no tracking. I had sent an online enquiry through your messaging system on 15th July which got no response from you. So today (16th July) I rang the 1300 number and after being on hold for quite a while, I had to leave a "call back". A rep rang back at 2:42pm & after I provided my Invoice number (N241852) he advised that you were waiting for a back order of this particular item, and that he would ring me back ASAP with an expected delivery date. I couldn't believe you did not have the customer service skills and courtesy to advise me of this before I had to call you 8 days after my order. And then to make matters worse, a check of your eBay site at 2:53pm and your own website at 3:00pm, shows that this exact item is currently for sale (I have screen dumps of both of these checks which I will provide to the ACCC if a satisfactory and speedy solution to this situation is not forthcoming). So, why am I being lied too about the back order? I want my item ... and I want it now, as I cannot travel in my caravan without it.

KuklaMicer

Typical! Your silence is deafening and I still have not received a call advising when my paid-for item will be sent to me. Also, both your main website (https://www.outbackequipment.com.au/?rf=kw%3Fkw%3Dbaintech%26rf%3Dkw&sortby=highest_price) and your eBay website (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Baintech-Power-Supply-12-Volt-320-Watt-25-Amp-Unit-Portable-Caravan-Camping-4X4/283542444303?hash=item420472590f:g:vVkAAOSwnV9e6WzN) STILL have the exact item for sale. You have until 11:00am tomorrow (Saturday 18th July 2020) to provide definitive information as to why I have been lied about stock on hand, and when my item will be sent to me. Failure to do so by Outback Equipment (AUST) Pty Ltd (ABN: 736 009 731 08; Address: 2/24 Lensworth St, Coopers Plains QLD 4108) by the stated date and time WILL result in me submitting a formal complaint to the ACCC and seriously considering commencing civil court action in the Burnie Magistrates Court. The ball is in your court.

Hi KuklaMicer,

Our apologies for the lack of communication.

I have had a word with our customer service team and they have informed me that the item you ordered is expected to arrive in our warehouse this afternoon and will be dispatched on Monday with express shipping.

We have been inundated during this unprecedented time and operating at limited capacity. As a result this has made communicating with our customers in a timely manner very difficult for which we are very regretful.

Normally items are identified as being in stock as we generally have few issues with supply for items we cannot keep on hand in our warehouse due to our extensive catalogue. That is unless the supplier lets us know that they are out of stock. However, with the current state of events, supply chains have struggled with consistent communication and prompt shipping.
For this we deeply apologise and are working to get back on top of the workload to avoid situations of this nature down the track.

I believe a customer service member will also be in touch with you through email to update you on the status of your order.

Get an answer from our members and Outback Equipment representatives