Outback Equipment
See the Best Camping Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Outback Equipment

3.0
  • Return Claim MadeYes · No (3)
Lyle Carter
Lyle CarterWheatbelt, WA

They do the job- good units

The covers fit and look durable should be long lasting in a Tradies vehicle with all the ins and outs creating wear and tear

Works fine improves efficiency

First one didn't work but OE quickly provided a replacement efficiently. No questions were asked and they quickly contacted supplier for replacement. Good service.

Other Camping Shops

All worked out in the end

Purchased a TV antenna for my caravan from Outback Equipment.
Despite a few initial issues with the product, it was swapped for replacement in a professional & timely manner.
Delivery was efficient (as were arrangements for return of the original antenna)
Thanks Dave & Aidan for your prompt attention

Andy
Andyasked

Hi, after reading these reviews it appears this is the only avenue that I may actually get some return correspondence. I've already tried two other ways with no success after waiting 4 full business days. Below is the message I emailed you after getting no response from the "contact us" option on your website:

Hi, I've ordered an item from your website, then checked my emails and discovered a 5% off voucher for subscribing to receive promotions etc, which I did before I made the purchase. While the item was still on special, I did a test run to see if I could add the coupon code and it worked fine (which I have screenshots of). I'm just wondering if you can offer a retrospective discount? I did message you through the "contact us" section of website immediately after payment but still Haven't heard back. My invoice number is N262249

Hi Andy,
Our apologies for the wait.
I've escalated this to our customer service team and someone will be in touch shortly if not already.

Taylor M.
Taylor M.

I'd recommend you spending more money elsewhere. Even though things are in stock on website doesn't mean you'll get them. And for forbid you have to do a warranty claim, you will get shafted. Look at all the reviews recently on Google, Facebook and here before purchasing. Wish I did

shane
shaneasked

Where is my order?
N255477

Hi Shane,
I've taken your query to our customer service team and someone should be in touch with you shortly.

KuklaMicerasked

I ordered and paid for a Baintech BTPP12-320 on 8th July 2020 from your website. I have checked numerous times since the 8th as to where my item is and it is still showing no tracking. I had sent an online enquiry through your messaging system on 15th July which got no response from you. So today (16th July) I rang the 1300 number and after being on hold for quite a while, I had to leave a "call back". A rep rang back at 2:42pm & after I provided my Invoice number (N241852) he advised that you were waiting for a back order of this particular item, and that he would ring me back ASAP with an expected delivery date. I couldn't believe you did not have the customer service skills and courtesy to advise me of this before I had to call you 8 days after my order. And then to make matters worse, a check of your eBay site at 2:53pm and your own website at 3:00pm, shows that this exact item is currently for sale (I have screen dumps of both of these checks which I will provide to the ACCC if a satisfactory and speedy solution to this situation is not forthcoming). So, why am I being lied too about the back order? I want my item ... and I want it now, as I cannot travel in my caravan without it.

KuklaMicer

Typical! Your silence is deafening and I still have not received a call advising when my paid-for item will be sent to me. Also, both your main website (https://www.outbackequipment.com.au/?rf=kw%3Fkw%3Dbaintech%26rf%3Dkw&sortby=highest_price) and your eBay website (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Baintech-Power-Supply-12-Volt-320-Watt-25-Amp-Unit-Portable-Caravan-Camping-4X4/283542444303?hash=item420472590f:g:vVkAAOSwnV9e6WzN) STILL have the exact item for sale. You have until 11:00am tomorrow (Saturday 18th July 2020) to provide definitive information as to why I have been lied about stock on hand, and when my item will be sent to me. Failure to do so by Outback Equipment (AUST) Pty Ltd (ABN: 736 009 731 08; Address: 2/24 Lensworth St, Coopers Plains QLD 4108) by the stated date and time WILL result in me submitting a formal complaint to the ACCC and seriously considering commencing civil court action in the Burnie Magistrates Court. The ball is in your court.

Hi KuklaMicer,

Our apologies for the lack of communication.

I have had a word with our customer service team and they have informed me that the item you ordered is expected to arrive in our warehouse this afternoon and will be dispatched on Monday with express shipping.

We have been inundated during this unprecedented time and operating at limited capacity. As a result this has made communicating with our customers in a timely manner very difficult for which we are very regretful.

Normally items are identified as being in stock as we generally have few issues with supply for items we cannot keep on hand in our warehouse due to our extensive catalogue. That is unless the supplier lets us know that they are out of stock. However, with the current state of events, supply chains have struggled with consistent communication and prompt shipping.
For this we deeply apologise and are working to get back on top of the workload to avoid situations of this nature down the track.

I believe a customer service member will also be in touch with you through email to update you on the status of your order.

Get an answer from our members and Outback Equipment representatives