Outback Equipment
See the Best Camping Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Outback Equipment

2.9
  • Return Claim MadeYes · No (57)

Jason L.
Jason L.Sydney, NSW

Poor communication and no stock when listing a product

The negative reviews are correct. Items appear in stock on their website but aren't. After two weeks, it took a second email before I got a response saying the product wouldn't be in stock for about 6 weeks.

Trev
TrevPerth, WA

DO35 HITCH

Good company to deal with had trouble with the delivery of my hitch the transport company hadn't delivered it rang Tom on Thursday and had a replacement hitch delivered to Perth on the Sunday great service thanks Tom ( suggestion try another transport company not the first item I have had lost) Trevor

2 weeks on - never received product

Ordered product & never received it. Very slow to respond. Hard to get through on phone. Still awaiting arrival hopefully it turns up

Marcog
MarcogAdelaide

Idiots who have no product knowledge

From lying to me about the 5% new customer discount to knowing whether or not a winch will comply with a bullbar's weight rating, the people on the other end of the email or internet are simply useless. There are plenty of places to source our 4WD equipment, this place does not deserve our business.

Chris
ChrisMelbourne

Outback Equipment

From humble beginnings as they say to bloody useless pretty quick. If you take my advice buy elsewhere. They take your money and deliver nothing, never answer emails, talk crap on the phone, resolve nothing.
If I did not live so far away I'd pay them a visit with my baseball bat, at least that way I'd get something for my $120

Ren G.
Ren G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Trip ruined due to misinformation

Ordered a snorkel on April 12 2022 for an upcoming trip and was assured that even with the public holiday I would receive it in a week. Today is now 11 days since it was ordered and still no snorkel.
Your tracking system says it SHOULD have been delivered yesterday.
I will not be using this company again or recommending them to anyone. In fact I will be posting my experience on the social media pages that I am a member of to warn others of this companies sell at all costs culture, especially their failure to be honest about delivery just to land a sale.
This is totally unacceptable as I could have ordered the same snorkel off ebay as my mate did on the same day and his is already fitted.

Gaz A.
Gaz A.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Modular water tanks

Purchased 43 litre modular water tanks. Tanks have a 3/4" BSB male top & bottom but no provision for a breather. I did not intend to use the filler neck for existing tank. Can't cut a hole because there is no adhesive that will stick to this poly plastic. Beware, I've wasted my money.

Camping essentials for your next road trip and where you can buy them

Camping gear has unsurprisingly been at the top of a lot of shopping lists this summer. Whether you’re hiking, car camping, or caravanning, you’ll need supplies for your getaway. Here are some highly rated camping products you can buy, and some of the best stores to buy them at.

Clara V.
Clara V.20 Jan 2022
camping-essentials-for-your-next-road-trip-and-where-you-can-buy-them
Winny Allen
Winny AllenSouth Australia

Good Follow Up Service by Flynn

Were waiting on an order which was delayed. Phoned & emailed re this order, however due to Covid, staff shortages were being encountered & these were not being followed up.
Happy news, phoned this morning, spoke to a very helpful, pleasant Flynn, who checked, the order had arrived, and he promised this would be actioned immediately.
Thanks Flynn, you are a credit to the company. Keep up the good work.

Shazzaaaa
ShazzaaaaDarling Downs, QLD

Service and quality of goods

Can’t fault service or timing of goods to arrive. I give a few weeks for post as a lot of people shop online since COVID, so 3 days could be 3 weeks, but goods always arrive.

Carl Milne
Carl MilneSydney, NSW

Liars

Rang to make sure item was in stock before ordering. A month later and still no product. Australia Post investigated and they never shipped the item despite issuing a shipment number. It's a shame companies like this are allowed to operate.

brett d.
brett d.

no product

brought a stove and paid in full. no stove has arrived not even a email to say dispatched or any thing.
have tried to contact via email no response. dont buy here plenty of other company's to buy from that actually send the item. very dissapointed

Quick easy and looks great

It only took 10 minutes to install and was very easy. Looks great and is very solid. A great buy

Jarod the Reviewer
Jarod the ReviewerPilbara, WA

Fake tracking number, no response from support

Bought a redarc charger, and got a tracking number, but the tracking number isn't a real one, auspost have no record of the package and they havnt replied to my support request through their website, avoid these people like the plague.

MarcTommo
MarcTommoSouth West, WA

Great Customer service

I was very impressed with my dealings with Outback Equipment. I received prompt responses to my queries. I could have been seen as a painful customer as I changed my initial order twice in 24 hours. The support people i dealt with were very accommodating and I ended up happy with my final purchase. Highly recommend.

BDD
BDDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Better to go straight to Supplier

Ordered expensive roof rack system. Week later told wasn't actually in stock though advertised as such. No option but to wait as other suppliers had sold out by time I was told. When finally re-stocked, gets sent via courier company who was on strike! When I finally receive, many weeks after placing order, I find some fastening components wrong. Contact customer support who tell me can't help and go to the supplier direct. Should have done in first place as Outback Equipment model seems to be to take margin and that's it!

Andy
Andyasked

Hi, after reading these reviews it appears this is the only avenue that I may actually get some return correspondence. I've already tried two other ways with no success after waiting 4 full business days. Below is the message I emailed you after getting no response from the "contact us" option on your website:

Hi, I've ordered an item from your website, then checked my emails and discovered a 5% off voucher for subscribing to receive promotions etc, which I did before I made the purchase. While the item was still on special, I did a test run to see if I could add the coupon code and it worked fine (which I have screenshots of). I'm just wondering if you can offer a retrospective discount? I did message you through the "contact us" section of website immediately after payment but still Haven't heard back. My invoice number is N262249

Hi Andy,
Our apologies for the wait.
I've escalated this to our customer service team and someone will be in touch shortly if not already.

Taylor M.
Taylor M.
shane
shaneasked

Where is my order?
N255477

Hi Shane,
I've taken your query to our customer service team and someone should be in touch with you shortly.

KuklaMicerasked

I ordered and paid for a Baintech BTPP12-320 on 8th July 2020 from your website. I have checked numerous times since the 8th as to where my item is and it is still showing no tracking. I had sent an online enquiry through your messaging system on 15th July which got no response from you. So today (16th July) I rang the 1300 number and after being on hold for quite a while, I had to leave a "call back". A rep rang back at 2:42pm & after I provided my Invoice number (N241852) he advised that you were waiting for a back order of this particular item, and that he would ring me back ASAP with an expected delivery date. I couldn't believe you did not have the customer service skills and courtesy to advise me of this before I had to call you 8 days after my order. And then to make matters worse, a check of your eBay site at 2:53pm and your own website at 3:00pm, shows that this exact item is currently for sale (I have screen dumps of both of these checks which I will provide to the ACCC if a satisfactory and speedy solution to this situation is not forthcoming). So, why am I being lied too about the back order? I want my item ... and I want it now, as I cannot travel in my caravan without it.

Get an answer from our members and Outback Equipment representatives