Outbax Camping

Outbax Camping

Very happy with range and quality

The flexible solar panels have proved their durability by surviving my trips over rough tracks through the Kimberley and Oodnadatta & Birdsville tracks. The power output is much better when the panels are raised above the hot roof surfaces especially when in the outback (40mm clearance has helped to improve their efficiency)

On the other hand, the 120W solar blanket that I bought has never seemed to give much more than half its rated output. Whilst that extra current has helped to keep the 30 litre drinks fridge battery topped up, I will need to improve its efficiency. I suspect that the heat from resting directly on the windscreen in full sun, is reducing the power output quite significantly.

Overall we are happy to recommend Outback Camping to fellow travellers, for the convenience of online shopping to buy those items that are hard to find locally.

NB. I was offered a pack of AA batteries as incentive to review my purchases from Outback Camping

is good

i bought two items, blower & grass trimmer, not real powerful but ideal for small jobs saves having to start the petrol ones much lighter and no gut busting pulling cords

Terrible

Still waiting on delivery. These guys are the most useless company in Australia I ordered stuff from China on the same day as I ordered stuff from outbax camping and have already got my goods from China but still waiting on stuff that's ment to be coming from Australia. Delivery date was days ago, and no-one seems to know were it is!

Hi Nathan, Sorry to hear that there are issues with your delivery. I have messaged you to get order details to find out more. Brendan

Very disappointing....

I paid for, and was delivered, a 120w solar mat... but with a PWM controller and not a MTTP controller which was advertised on their site. The package was also delivered without the alligator to anderson plug connector. I was assured, by email, that the controller was a MPPT type but it clearly stated on the controller that it was the PWM type. I was made to take photos and send it to them. They apologised and offered to refund me in full, or if I wanted to keep the panel, they would offer me a partial refund of $30. I took the $30 as I needed the panel for camping in the next few days. As yet I haven't received any refund or the missing cable and their communication has stopped. Very disappointed!!!!!

Hi Scott, Really sorry to hear that you had issues with the item and parts missing. Just want to make sure that the missing parts have already been sorted out for you? BrendanI believe the part is on the way... due next week... but still awaiting the partial refund of $30... the lack of communication in this process could have been much much better... it’s been a disappointing experience..Okay, really sorry for that as our team is usually very good at communication. I found your order and I checked the Emails. Looks like we didn't receive a response to the partial refund offer. I have made a note now and this will be initiated straight away.

Bad customer service; BEWARE!

This business obviously doesn't value its customers. We've spent over $2500 with Outbax camping buying a spa and a 27000 litre pool from them. We then decided to buy a vacuum cleaner for our pool from them and found it next to useless. Their website says they offer a 100% money back guarantee so we told them we were dissatisfied with the product and would like our money back. Instead of an apology and details of how to return the product for refund, they told us that we can't return the product because it's been used. I asked how we could know that the product was inadequate if we didn't use it, and they said that it was their policy not to accept returns that aren't in their original condition. We said that it has been washed and repacked in its original packaging but that wasn't good enough for them. We were interested in other products they sell and would have been ongoing customers if not for the woeful customer service we have received.

Hi Hamish, the response you advise is not usual and you are in fact covered under our returns policy if the item was not to specification. I have messaged you direct to get order details. BrendanPlease speak to Mike from Outbax Camping web OC Sales (Tracking for Order # 300037435). He is refusing to offer good customer service. Regards. HamishThanks Hamish, taking a look at this and will be in touch. Brendan

disappointing

As everybody would know its quite confusing buying products online but I chose Gentrax through outbax camping because they offered a reasonable generator with extra accessories like the cover and funnel
no one else seemed to provide. I never received my accessories and I need the cover its as noisy as hell.
But four times they have told me its lost in the post? Now it's out of stock and last time I rang the guy pretended the phone didn't,t work properly when I pointed out he was being untruthful in his response
he hung up on me, never got me accessories big warning on dealing with this company.

Hi John, The experience you describe is definitely not one you would expect when shopping with us. I would love to take the opportunity to investigate this more and find out what has happened. I have messaged you direct to request more personal details so that I can look into this. Brendan

loving our spa

we had no problem with ordering and our delivery arrived 2 days early. We are amazed at the quality for price and LOVE our spa, we have put 3 people so far onto your site as they also want one of these.
thankyou

Looked everywhere for what we wanted and only these guys had it and was a good price

Looked everywhere for what we wanted and only these guys had it and it was a good price and the quality very good the delivery time was very very quick quick bought several things there now and they won’t be the last

Sent an 80w panel instead of a 120w panel.

Bought a 120w panel in Oct 2018, used it for a 4 day trip and noticed my 130ah battery was flat, but didn't investigate as a I am a novice with solar and thought that may be expected.
My second trip in early 2019 also flattened my battery, all 4 days were bright sunshine so I figured something was wrong. Investigation showed the regulator was faulty and I replaced that, which wasn't an issue. The output from the panel was an issue though, it was 4.5amps in midday bright sunshine, which is the expected output of an 80w panel. Checked physical dimensions and they match the 80w panel that Outbax sell, not the 120w panel.

Contacted customer support and had a number of emails back and forth, I had to provide measurements and photos of the measurements. The end result was that they didn't acknowledge they had made a mistake and my panel was out of warranty.

I agree, it is out of warranty...but it's not the panel I paid for. I would expect a good company to take ownership of the issue and help resolve it, in my opinion they should've done something.

I won't use this company again, however if you do order a panel from them please make sure you have a multimeter and can measure the output when you receive it. Outbax don't provide specs on the panels and judging by ebay feedback and this site, they have a history of sending out lower specc'ed panels.

Hi Stephen, Sorry to hear about the issue of the solar panel. On initial check it really sounds like the solar panel isn't large enough to run the requirements. I have messaged you to get specific order details to look into this further. Brendan

Product is very dangerous.

My Gentrax 3.5 kw Generator after only about 20 hours use fractured the fuel line where it exits the fuel tank, spraying petrol all over the electrics. This could have caused a lethal explosion. Given the age and hours use, I believe that the fuel line must be of sub-standard quality, and if this is the case the unit should be Safety Recalled immediately, before somebody gets injured/killed.

Hi Chris, sorry to hear that the generator had an issue. I can assure you this isn’t common. I have messaged you to get more details and see how we can help. Gavin

I Have Not Received My Goods

It is three weeks since I ordered an Hawaii inflatable spa. I still have not received it despite being promised that it would be here by Monday 21st. The phone customer service was quick and friendly when I rang over a week ago to find out where my delivery was but did not keep their promise to call me back. The email customer service has up to now been quick to reply but still no delivery. It should not take over three weeks to get a parcel from Sydney to Canberra. I believe Outbax should not be using Hunter Express for their deliveries as that company has well over 1000 terrible reviews and only about 100 good ones. I am at the stage of wanting my money back to go elsewhere.

Hi there, really sorry to hear that you had issues with the delivery. Apologies that a staff had not contacted you back, this is super strange coming from our service team and we will thoroughly check on how that occurred so that it won't happen again. Completely agree that it shouldn't take three weeks. We are sending hundreds of items per day and we know it shouldn't take that long at all. I have private messaged you to get details of the order to check on this in more detail. BrendanUpdate: I finally received my goods, a spa and it is working well.

A+++ EBAY SELLER

Have bought a few items for these guys and am always impressed with the quality of their gear and speed of service.

Purchased a fantastic spa through these guys on eBay, great communication and service on the initial purchase, I have had an issue with the liner, [name removed] from Outbaxcamping has done all the hard yards for me with the result I have a new liner on the way under warranty!
Couldn’t be happier with their service,
Cheers Kathryn

gentrax genny

very functional unit easy start very happy a very good seller prompt delivery bought this for a friend on a rural property they are very happy

good

very good good price free post arrived in good condition by courier van have not wired up yet but can not see any prodlem

Still waiting

Ordered on the 15th December, still waiting for my goods. Keep getting pushed to the courier company who ask me to contact you guys. I just want my money back now. This is ridiculous.

Hi Caryn, yes our team is familiar with this delivery detail. It is definitely a shared frustration when deliveries don't occur quickly. You can even see that we actually dispatched the order the very next business day on the 17th. The timing of the year doesn't help, 9 days of the past couple of weeks have either been a weekend or a public holiday. Our team is diligently chasing this up with HX for delivery. I'll personally monitor its progress and update you. Regards, JayIt shouldn’t take two days to get an update on a con note number. I will never be using the courier company again. And telling from all the negative reviews for them I would advise your company to do the same. Majority of your negative reviews for your company are to do with freight. It’s not good enough to still have not heard anything from your company or the courier company.

Very Good Service

I brought a pair of women's Ugg boots for my darling and delivery was quick and items exactly as described.

Good service against all odds.

I bought four solar panels, I received the wrong ones. I had to wait for quite a while until the right ones were restocked. No rush. Good communication and good panels at low prices. I had bought from them before. I now have seven panels.

Great Service 300 Watt Solar Panel

Bought a 300W Solar panel which was a great quality product.
Ended up not needing it and returned it. The process was easy and quick with a quick refund.
Thank you!

Falsifying solar panel outputs, BEWARE

I bought a 120 w folding solar panel in Jan 2018. An 80 w was delivered. I complained and they wanted me to prove it. I am an electronics engineer, it's very easy to prove. They capitulated and sent me a partial refund. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and I ordered another 120w folding panel two weeks ago. Guess what. An 80 watt was delivered. I suspect they are being deliberately misleading or just just incompetent.

Hi Paul, We are most certainly not falsifying output. I have private messages you to find out more details. Regards, BrendanSo why have I recieved an 80w panel when I ordered a120w, twice!, and why do you not state the output power on your panels? And then put the onus on me to prove it's not the correct panel?Hi Paul, doesn't sound right, I would like to take a detailed look at this. It would be great if you would reply to my message direct so I can find the details. Brendan