Outbax Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Glen2068

Hi Outbax, I was about to buy a battery from your ebay site and found out I have been banned from buying. This must be over a dispute 4 months ago that we resolved amicably with some partial refund and I left a positive feedback and withheld some key details out of courtesy to you. May I enquire if this ban is permanent or I can still perhaps buy other products that were not disputed like your batteries which I had no issues with in the past.

Outbax   DM

Thank you for your enquiry, Glen2068. Apologies. We sent you a DM to know more details about the issue and how we can resolve it. Cheers!

Glen2068

Just wanted to confirm that Outbax resolved the issue. I'm now able to purchase again from them. Basically, if you have an issue, speak to their customer service team. So far my experience with any issues have all been resolved amicably with them. A big thank you to Belinda for chasing this up.

Outbax   DM

Thank you for giving us the chance to make it right, Glen2068. Let us know if you need further assistance. Cheers!

Neville J.
Neville J.

Who fixes ypor generators if there is a problem ?

Outbax   DM

Hi Neville, for generator issues and concerns, our Support Team is ready to assist under warranty coverage. You may contact us via email at customerrelations@outbax.com.au.

John uncertain

Problem with Outbax support: when calling sale and product queries the call is clear and easy to listen, when calling return and warranty the phone line is the worst and can get out 1 word out of 2 had to call several times same story.
Now purchased GenTrax 2.2Kw Premium Inverter Generator SKU: gsx-2200-kb the package was badly damaged by the courier also running the generator it SMOKED like a dead fish, as soon as connecting my 1000W drill the power surged and smoke did not stop pouring out.
Even after reducing the oil in the sump no difference, the generator comes with a small bottle of oil and was used.
Anyway it is going to be returned and will never buy a generator from there.

John uncertain

Worst still after talking to return the generator the guy said he will email the return label to be put on the package and a courier will come and pick up the parcel on MONDAY. DID NOT KNOW Monday is Anzac Day, of course the returns and warranty must be from overseas, very bad phone line every time called. Called again saying Monday is a public holiday the lady on the phone was surprise and said will be Tuesday. Shame on you Outbax.

Outbax   DM

Hi John Uncertain, apologies. Our Customer Service team should be able to assist quickly and with ease. We'd like to see how your communication with the Support Team member went. Please share here your Outbax order number for reference and for us to investigate the matter further.

John uncertain

The generator will be collected by the courier on Tuesday 25 Apr 2022. Order# 000102648 no need of assistance too late now, expecting a refund soon.

Outbax   DM

Thank you, John. Good to know that your issue with the unit is progressing and a resolution is underway. We will review your communication with the Team.

Hissy
Hissy

I'm interested in the 200 watt folding solar panel.

What will the panel produce on a clear day to charge my 120 amp hr lithium battery.

I couldn't find any detail on the site.

I have already bought a generator from you and am very happy with it. Hoping for the same with the panel.

Outbax   DM

Hi Hissy, Thank you for enquiry.

The 200Ah folding solar panel will produce around 11A of rated current. Of course, it can still change and vary depending on ambient conditions.

Regards,
Belinda

I have a VoltaX 105ah lithium battery bought from outbaxcamping ebay Au
& have had problems with it going flat when not in use.
Outbax currently have it but say it’s good. However I know when charged in my Engel series 2 battery box if left for a couple of months it has either had no power to turn display on or has shown similar soc to when stored but then when I use it, it sets alarm off & box shows 0% soc after a couple of minutes. This has happened multiple times and outbax kept telling me it’s because it needs to be Cycled or it’s not charged or wrong charger. Can’t get them to refund or replace because I purchased it on April 12 2020 & they say it’s out of warranty and any messages I sent before 12mnths are gone from eBay conveniently so they keep saying I contacted them out of warranty 14/4/2021 first time.. this ain’t true but even if that was the case I never received battery till a couple of weeks after purchase iirc. They currently still have battery that I drove in and dropped off& want to return it but I know it’s not fixed. Any help would be much appreciated Thx Mat

VoltaX   DM

Hi Mat, apologies. Depending on the product's warranty period, the seller can cover it under warranty or if already beyond as listed, can still offer some form of support to the product. Please share your order details here or shoot us a private message and we will communicate with Outbaxcamping. Thank you.

Vacublaster
Vacublaster

Mat, can I ask you what charger you have it coupled up to and is it capable of charging a Lithium Battery, some aren't

Hi Sarah, pm sent!

Hi Vacublaster, It’s been in an Engel series 2 battery box only both from new. And has lithium profile setup for 100ah lifePo4 since 105ah not available & I didn’t want to set at 110ah. 7.5amp charger built in etc ac dc etc

VoltaX   DM

Thank you, Mat. I'll check it and refer the matter to the Team. We will get back to you via email or pm. Stay Safe.

Mat S.

Hi, They claim that the battery is perfect working order after another week testing… hmm a week testing!
They only want to return it & I don’t want the faulty battery but either a replacement or refund. But they won’t offer any of that & say it’s out of warranty & they have accepted a return & would offer a refund or replacement if it was faulty.
The battery goes anywhere from 82% soc to 100% soc stored for 1.5wks upto a couple of months &more likely than not when checked will show 0% SOC remaining (with no load left in S2 Engel smart battery box connected or not connected)
Other times it had gotten down to 78-80% soc & flat battery alarm triggered showing 0% soc left.
I just want a battery that does hold charge like it should. If the battery was perfectly working I wouldn’t have drove all the way to the outbax warehouse for them to test & certainly wouldn’t be going round in circles with messaging them!

VoltaX   DM

Hi Mat S, for warranty and support coverage of your battery, we recommend to continue communicating with the seller of the unit and arrange an amicable agreement with them. We do not provide warranty coverage, it's the seller's responsibility.

matcs
matcs

Iv been transferred to Michael now, but there is no fault with battery so no repair or reimbursement or refund & I’m out of warranty all though this has been happening in warranty period.
I have asked Michael if they return battery (as suggested) & it’s charged 85% min appx then stored indoors unused & shows 0% SOC (on series 2 Engel smart battery box) after weeks or a couple of months, What can I do to fix ?
No reply as of yesterday 8/6/2022.

Outbax   DM

Hi Mat, apologies but we'll be happy to assist. We have sent you a private message here in ProductReview to collect your details to locate the order that was bought via eBay. Thank you.

David H.
David H.

Starting 3.5 generator for 1st time. Done all the preliminaries but it won't fire and recoil is vicious. There is no hint that it will start.
What could be the issue.
Is spark plug pre gapped.

Outbax   DM

Hi David, thank you for your message. We sent you a direct message with troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue with the unit not firing up. Regards, Belinda.

Luke
Luke

Hi, if I buy the 300W Volta solar panel, will I get 300W or close enough to out of it?

Dan
Dan

You will get half at best

Outbax   DM

Hi Luke, the 300W output was achieved under lab conditions and in a favorable environment. Hi Dan, the output will depend on ambient conditions and certain factors that can affect the solar panel's performance when used outdoor and in a real environment setting.

Darren
Darren

Has anyone had a positive warranty experience with the Outbax VoltX batteries? I see plenty of reviews above where people appear to be happy with the battery but have not had experience with the warranty process, the few that have don't seem very impressed at all. I'm just nervous about potentially dropping $8k+ on batteries with any supplier whose approach to warranties is anything less than 100% solid.

lance farrell
lance farrell

Yeah mate i have i bought t ghhe 300amp wouldn't hold up to my 2600 inverter thinking faulty returned it within the 60 days money was back in my account in 2 days after they received battery best service i have had from a company i was worried about losing coin but they were great

Sue Doran
Sue Doran

Hi guys just waiting for our hybrid to arrive and would like to know please what size Genni to get for our AC thanks

kenn77
kenn77

And definitely don't buy 1 from Outbax camping. They don't honor there warranty and after warranty. This is the most dishonest Aussie company i have dealt with on ebay.

Peter Filipou
Peter Filipou

Who makes Volta X lithium batteries that you sell?
Which company manufactures it?

hellbent
hellbent

Don't quote me but I think The Volta brand, (mine is branded iVOLTA) 120AH LiPo battery That I have purchased and am yet to put into service ..is manufactured in India ..And is remarkably similar to the iTECHWORLD battery and several others; including the Volta X .. case colouring and labelling marks not withstanding.
Like many products these days, they are produced in one or two centres, labelled differently and imported and sold in Australia with implied product-difference..... I live in hope that this thing works as advertsed,

William C.
William C.

Does it work as advertised?

B Jez
B Jez

Hi
Mine order number is 000010625
I have not received it yet

Rubyo
Rubyo

We have ordered an item from them 17 days later still waiting - the courier that they have sent it to has terrible reviews - we are very worried that we will ever see our item . What should we do ?
I have tried contacting them both but it is very difficult and don’t seem to get anywhere

Marty V.

How do you varify the output of your solar panels before you advertise their output. Seems many of them under perform and have no output rating marked on them or their packaging, only in your advertising. It is your responsibility to be sure what you advertise in Australia is correct.

dayfarms2
dayfarms2

Has anybody used there 105 ah lithium battery?

Peter H.

have purchased the 320 Max glass fold out solar panel and max output at full sun is only 150W,I am camping at the moment and it simply is not living up to its advertised output. Have used to a watt meter under charging conditions and not once has it every gone over 160w Max. I am an industrial electrician and can certify this panel is not 300 watts can you please explain, as there is no watt information or max-min output current on the label is highly unusual

Outbax   DM

Hi Peter, we can help out on this. I will need to get some order details to take a look into the solar panel issue.
I have contacted you direct to share those.
Brendan

Peter H.

Have sent you my order details. Thanks for the speedy response

Kieran
Kieran

What amps are you getting? I'm only getting 7ah max out of my "300w" system

Marty V.

Same here, only getting 50% out of both the 100 watt panels i got off them. They can not justify the output claims in their advertising.

Peter H.

Pretty much half what they are adverting and thats what every other retailer is selling. Only difference one is honest outback are misleading. I am registered electrical contractor in Victoria. Their advertised Watts is double of what you will actually get.

randal s.
randal s.

Will the 3.5 kva generator run a 2000 watt appliance tower heater or kettle etc toaster

Outbax   DM

Hi Randal, The Gentrax 3.5kW will be able to run a kettle toaster, etc. As a general rule you would want to check the 'max draw' of each appliance with its manufacturer; as this is not the same as what they are 'rated' at.
Hope this helps.
Brendan

sharon
sharon

Hi I am I terest in purchasing one of your above ground pools. But I would like a bigger filter do you have bigger filters available ?

Outbax   DM

Hi Sharon, we can likely help you with that. Each pool does come with the suitable filter, if there is a specific filter model you like, we can see if we can get that for you.

Please email us details via our website contact page, chat, or phone us.

Lucy T
Lucy T

Do you have an outlet near Ringwood Victoria?

Do you also carry other components?

My best contact is --> [email removed]

Will look fprard to hearing from you asap.

Michael

Outbax   DM

Hi Michael, We do have a warehouse in Victoria, however we are an online store and can therefore only deliver.

Yes, we keep parts for items that require maintenance, what items are you referring to?

Mick
Mick

Hi. Do you sell an avr for a gentrax gt6000? If you do how much are they please. I live in Perth. Thanks very much. Mick. My generator has no spark and I have had everything else checked. Do you Think could be the problem. Generator has never ran since brand.

Outbax   DM

Hi Mick, we do stock parts for our Gentrax generators. However, the GT6000 is actually not a genuine Gentrax generator. They were sold for a period of time by a certain seller and they are now legally barred from using the Gentrax brand.

Unfortunately our parts won't fit this generator, otherwise we would help. I would be taking this back to the seller and asking them to help out as required under Consumer Law.

Regards,

Jay

Adamgj

Hi all, has anyone bought a generator above 2kv and used it continually over several days for the past 6 months? How is it running atm???

Outbax   DM

Hi Adam, For running a generator continuously over several days, you would need (a small) commercial grade diesel generator.

Adamgj

Ok, well that answers my question. I know the bigger brands have a proven track record for running continually over several days, fuel stops permitted, not much of a generator if it's not able to run for hours on end. PASS

Brian P
Brian P

I have just purchased the 3.5kW Gentrax generator. I want to know, where I can I get it serviced & get spare parts if needed. Can you recommend or do you have someone who can fix it if out of warranty?

Brian

Outbax   DM

Hi Brian, if you purchased the Gentrax from our company we have backup support any time you need it. Even if it's out of warranty, we always come up with a solution. The servicing is DIY and the service schedule is included in the instruction manual. Parts are readily available by contacting us via the website. Hope this helps :) Brendan

Carlzy
Carlzy

Dont bring it to outbaxcamping for service ....

gary
gary

im looking for a 4.4 kva how much gary 0421-105-482 ACT Canberra?

Nick
Nick

My 3.5 kw was just under $600 gst/shipping included from online sellar crazysales. but that was 3 yrs ago. They are about $700 now. Nick.

sadsack
sadsack

I, I paid $490.00

Sarge
Sarge

I paid $599 form outbax camping.

Get an answer from our members and Outbax representatives

Extra Information