Ovela (Kogan) Fitted Electric Blanket

Ovela (Kogan) Fitted Electric Blanket (page 2 of 3)

At last a blanket that hasn't failed!

I had 3 previous blankets become defective inside the first 3 months after purchase, and this was my final hope! Pleased to say it's still functioning well 6 months later, and is very warm. I love the bonus heat feature which warms the bed up very quickly, and the fact that the temperature selected stays held for about 12 hours. Found the size of the blanket (double) a bit big for my double bed for some reason - perhaps it's meant to fit Queen sized mattresses as well, but it is a bit annoying when the wires get too near to the bed edges. I have to watch they don't go over the mattress sides and bend. Other than that, an okay blanket!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Love it

My partner and I bought two of these recently and I can't live without it in winter now. Our heater use has diminished since getting these. It's lovely to sleep on top of it underneath blankets in winter and, the heat helps to relieve muscle pain/tension. The only one flaw I could note about it is that it takes a while to heat up sometimes, though, when you put it on "boost", it does get faster.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

This is really amazing

This is great, it has 9 heat settings and sits around the bed perfectly! It doesn't over heat and the timer is great as it turns itself off meaning that there is no danger.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

It's a budget product that performs like a budget product.

Firstly - it works. Neither poorly or perfectly.

Positives:
- It works and its warm enough (With a few catches)
- Cheap
- Fits deep mattresses fairly well
- Arrived quickly

Negatives:
- Its a tad lumpy and the wiring is cumbersome
- Electrical inserts are too far inside the blanket and are chunky!
- Takes an age to warm up
- You have to run it on flat out to get any sort of heat into the bed

Admittedly having mentioned the above. I dont use it often (only for a cold partner) and it was cheap! Worth a look if budget conscious.

Finally - a good one!!

After experiencing great disappointment with Sunbeam brands, another electric blanket has been purchased for my elderly mother and, after a months use, all seems to be just perfect. She is able to easily read the controller screen/s and best of all the heating is top to toe. She is very pleased with this "Ovela" blanket and all its features - albeit it's still just early days. The order process through Kogan.com was very, very easy (can thoroughly recommend this site) and delivery was super fast. So far, an overall really good shopping experience.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

A very good electric blanket

This electric blanket is much better than the one it replaced.
We bought the king size bed one. It has two separate controllers which are detachable if and when you don't need to use them. The controllers are easy to operate. The heat level and timer are easy and can be set up quickly.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

convinced hot water bottle user now converted

Have never used one before, thought they r bad for health, now totally converted. Kogan Ovela has 9 settings & nightly I leave it on setting 3. Just perfect, not hot or cold, just normal spring temperature.

Cheap budget option

Considering the price is cheaper than ones similar in the store, quality is fantastic & fits Queen bed really well. Have used for a while and it does the job well.Love the timer function and display - so I can see the temp in the dark. I can set the timer and go to sleep nice and cozy.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

I cannot live without it in winter.

It is warm very quickly maybe only 10-15 mins. I cannot live without it in winter.But I used to power off when I go sleep because I always worry about it will be too hot.And also I feel too dry.

Perfect for winter!

Can't live without it! It is a really good product that fits my mattress pretty well, and has two separate controller for each side of the bed which satisfies the different temperature needs for me and my boyfriend, great to buy!

Great electric blanket

This electric blanket is useful during winter and will keep you warm. It is easy to set up and use throughout the entire time. It is worth the money to buy it

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Great buy for the price but dont expect too much

Warms up quite nicely and quickly. Great buy for the price but sometimes the heat just gets too much. Even the lower setting sometimes it heats up to a higher temperature. Also after a few days of use the mattress will develop some loops that will make it a little uncomfortable while sleeping so you have to stretch it out every now and then

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Value for money, outruns the more expensive brands

Don't be fooled by the cheap price, Kogan are impressively upping the quality of their products while keeping the prices lower and lower, and this electric blanket is just one of them. I bought this as an impulse buy and I sure as hell glad I did! Quality is what you'd expect from a $100 electric blanket (like Sunbeam etc) very quick heat up and safe to use with its overheat protector in place. Thank you Kogan.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Wow so warm and cosy

Ovelafitted electronic blanket is so easy and safe to use and so snuggle to hop into bed too does not take long to warmup user friendly and not expensive for this quality item to purchase or to run

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Very toasty, easy to use

Got this based on the reviews here and so far its living up to the rating. it works well. Doesn't heat the upper body though. Seems to be more effective around the leg area. For me this is ideal as warm legs usually mean warm body. The position of the socket on the blanket is such that it doesn't interfere with sleep. No parts poking you while sleeping. The dual zone is also a great idea. At this stage not much I would change.

Warm and effective

This is a very thick and great quality electric blanket. I received it as a Mother's Day gift, and I love it!
Easy to use and a good fit, it switches on with a simple flick, and has several heat setttings. I love the flannelette cover on it.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Warm, safe, washable with timer

I bought Ovela electric blanket in Double/Queen size at Kogan which was on promotion $69 intead of $89. I bought for the following reasons:
1. Washable - controls removable
2. Different heat settings - there are 9 levels
3. Timer - 3 timer settings
4. Pre-heat (Boost function)
5. fully-fitted
6. Two controls for each side
7. LED controls
The head part does not heat which is good - only shoulder part to feet. The size is not same as queen. It is more of double size but it is also mentioned in the instruction manual. It still fits as the sides are stretchable like a fitted sheet. The Boost (pre-heat) is extra warm and we use it half an hour before sleeping. After that we set it to just 4 for 1.5hrs and it becomes "0" and is turned off. The LED controls are helpful in the night when lights off. If there is anything to improve, I would like that the LED controls are also off when it turns off after the timer is exhausted. So far so good! Can't live without it this winter.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Don't know how I ever live without it!

This is the second review I've made for this electric blanket. I've had it for almost a year now and it's still working perfectly. I don't know how I ever survived sleeping with just a wheat pack and sometimes a hot water bottle. I love how there are 9 different heat settings which are perfect for finding the right heat setting depending on how cold the nights are, 3 timer settings aswell as a heat boost setting....perfect for those cold weekend mornings when you just want to snuggle under the covers.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

amazing! could not imagine my life without one

I love electric blankets! how someone lives without one is beyond me. Keeps me toasty warm throughout the winter. Your partner does not have to worry either as you can change each side accordingly.

Date PurchasedJun 2006

Purchased for guest bedrooms

Both blankets have been used and guests loved them. Personally don't use them. Get too hot. The fact these blankets have duel controls was a hit. I like the idea of them bein washable.

Date PurchasedAug 2016