3.8

71% · 402158 · 28%

Stephen
Stephen

OVO EXCELLENT SERVICE

I had Trent serve me. Fantastic customer service, extremely helpful and fixed my three issues quickly. Well done mate. Thx

Sharon
Sharon

Best customer service from Trent

Trent honest gave me the best and most helpful customer service today. He is so kind a lovely to speak to.
Macca
MaccaSouth East Queensland, QLD32 posts

Croxo
CroxoMurrumbidgee Region, NSW2 posts

Cant trust this company

Have online balance where i am in front with my electricity account since joining in July 23 only to be sent 5 bills at once in December saying i owe them money. very dodgy
Annabelle
Annabelle

Awesome customer service

Trent was really polite, friendly and helpful. He was able to raise my issue and it will hopefully all be resolved. Awesome customer service provided.

Dale C
Dale Clangwarrin8 posts

Billing enquiry sorted very quickly

I couldn't ask for better service. Trent was very helpful and fixed my query straight away. There was no waiting on the phone to be answered. Very happy.
Neil
Neil

Great Value and Great Service

Been an excellent service provider, prompt response to an account query. Most impressive service.
Cathy
CathyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC2 posts

Reducing monthly direct debit

A friendly staff member returned my texted query with a phone call within 24 hours. My request was sorted out easily and within 5 minutes. A confirmation email arrived within another 24 hours.
Cath S
Cath SGippsland, VIC

Excellent Sales Service

I deliberately chose to speak with a Sales representative as I had some specific questions about my set up. Jason was very clear and patient as I asked and discussed payment aspects with him. Very clear communication.

Bernadette M.
Bernadette M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Returned my missed call, helpful and informative. Thank you again.
Johnno
JohnnoSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Back End Support and Billing Atrocious

Have provided the wrong meter reading on previous accounts which I had to correct.
Have canceled QLD Government rebate and charged me for two payments they initially recognized.
Slow to answer emails and when they did delayed by asking for same information twice.
Initially when I signed up they were quite good - as good as other providers - but now just another rapacious energy provider squeezing the consumer.
Avoid at all costs.
Jhon
JhonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

That was a very good service!

Trent was really helpful today. He helped with all my questions and queries. I am very satisfied with my service today.
Daniel J.
Daniel J.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Serge
SergeSouthern and Hills, SA2 posts

Con artists, poor communication and dishonest

Currently trying to overcharge me as I swap providers. Have given me 3 different sets of instructions to resolve the issue to only be informed nope all wrong none of what we told you was right. Have not escalated complaints I have asked to be raised. Have said the bill was cheaper only then to say no we were wrong it is more expensive. Will not even send me an ability to pay it like I have requested several times now.
Peter V.
Peter V.2 posts
OVO Energy   DM
Angus P.
Angus P.

Easy quick communication

Thanks Trent.
He sorted my request to delay payment due to credit buildup within the day. Easy quick and confirmed on my account.

Fiona
FionaQueensland18 posts

Fantastic Customer Service Experience from Damien

Calling around electricity retailers in SE QLD 29 December 2023 - OVO was on my list. Gentleman by the name of Damien was fantastic - friendly, easy to understand, didn't mince words and didn't promise stuff that wasn't achievable - all round just genuine customer service. Whilst their electricity price offer was a tad higher than I would pay (yes I found cheaper) I was very impressed and if their prices drop I wouldn't hesitate to change.
lizabeth m.
lizabeth m.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC2 posts

Super helpful customer support

This is the second time I have rung Ovo and both occasions have been 5 star worthy. Calls are answered promptly and handled by friendly informed and helpful operators. Trent took my call this time and his clear and concise communication had my problem sorted in no time.
Steve M.
Steve M.5 posts

Tried to get rid of me

Signed up with OVO end of July no problems, was very happy with the deal and them.
Weather has been sunny and good this year so was exporting quite a bit and building credit.
Out of the blue received a message from them saying that they are giving me notice and changing my plan to one with no solar credits and more expensive and that I needed to prove what my system is.
Mind you they can find this themselves with the network provider which I am sure they did before accepting me anyway.
I complained and then they told me to disregard all those messages and it was all good and still is, no real apology or anything.
However this should never have occurred and I don’t really trust them.
Am wary of any company who does that so BE AWARE
Alisha
Alisha

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

7 weeks I’ve been waiting for a refund.
I have spoken to over 10 people and countless emails.
I was promised it on the 20th and was told it would be a day or two and then it was changed to up to 10 business days.

Seriously this has been so painful dealing with this company

Avoid at all costs

PistolPete79
PistolPete79Southwest, VIC

So Far So Good

I have been with OVO for several months now. At first my payments (pre-paid) were too high and I was going into too much credit. But a quick email to OVO and they sorted it out for me in a timely manor without any fuss. Have recommended to several of my family. Trent was very helpful and efficient.
CB
CBLaunceston3 posts

Trent was great - organised everything really quickly and provided great service
Shorty
ShortySydney, NSW2 posts

Staff - Trent

Trent was extremely helpful. Got lower rate and refund. Excellent
alan s.
alan s.South East Queensland, QLD

Exceptional Customer Service - Thanks Trent

I was very fortunate for my email request for a change to my account details be handled by Trent. Trent gave superlative customer service - He responded to the request promptly and went above and beyond, and the day before the start of the XMAS long weekend!.
Thanks OVO Energy for service and in particular Trent - your caring and service was spectacular. Important to call this out in these days of dwindling service levels and lack of customer care.
mchusky_is
mchusky_isSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

garbage

End of quarter meter was read wrong. been trying to get amended as the account is based on estimate per month. heaps of emails/calls still cant get update or sense. lodged a complaint got told i dont have account or a email address connected to said account yet the still send emails and take money. if i dont have a account and they are taking money would this not be stealing and fraud
Tends
TendsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I got a quick help and amazing help from Trent

Trent was super quick and helpful.very polite gentleman.He was very helpful with my issue.

Darren S
Darren SSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Horrible company to deal with

I've never had so many issues with an energy provider. You can never get anyone to take a call, always goes to answering service. Leave messages and you never get a response. I was with OVO for 3 months and they raised their prices with no explanation. I quickly left OVO and went to RED Energy and I have had no problems with them.

I'm still trying to get my credit balance refunded to me 6 weeks later. I'm about to contact the ombudsman with a list of complaints about this company.

Stay Away From Ovo, You Will Have Nothing But Grief With Them!!

Arun P.
Arun P.Northeast, VIC

Customer support

Trent did an amazing job in explaining my energy consumption and making the relavent changes. He helped me to sort out the online payment so efficiently. Professional and and very positive approach. Good job mate :)
Sann
SannSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thanks! Trent

Trent helped me promptly in adjusting monthly deduction amount and made a refund for credits accumulated in my account.
K.N.Glng
K.N.GlngSouthwest, VIC4 posts

No customer service Stay away

Over charged my electricity use month after month. No one responded to my complaints for months on end. Usage Tracker displayed a growing debt of $180 despite the usage being well below my monthly direct debit.
It took a complaint to the ombudsman to get a response from the company who over night changed my $180 debt to $170 credit.

I’ve closed my account and moved to another energy provider with actual customer service, hopefully now months of stressing over my electric bill is over.

Peter

Help with my needs made possible by Trent

Like most companies, it is nigh impossible to navigate the ways of the bureaucracies of the government agencies. But Trent helped. He understood my needs immediately and persevered to help me attain a letter today. I am deeply indebted. Thank you. Trent is kind, understanding, a good listener and delivers.
Braeden R.
Braeden R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Had to contact OMBUDSMAN due to no one able to fix the issue

So we got solar installed.... We have a SMART METER ALREADY.

We got a note saying they need to re configure. No worries, tech came out and said nothing he needs to do... Ok... Got a text saying that I will start receiving credits for my feed in.....

28 days later no feed in has been recorded or payable by them.. raised it. No one could understand or help.

Had to contact OMBUDSMAN as they owe me over 900kwh of energy and they are not wanting to fix it.

I would stay away if I was you.

Brusk
Brusk

Great service and response

Needed help with a bill and making a payment. Trent helped me with a plan to resolve the issue in a few minutes. Great service.
jack zoot
jack zootGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Thanks to Trent for helping me through the final stages of closing my account, he made everything very easy, and was a pleasure to deal with
Trent is very patient courteous and professional young man
I wish him well in all his future endeavours
Have a very happy Xmas thank you Trent
Damian crombie
Julie-Ann
Julie-Ann

Queried current plan given credit

Spoke to Trent about my concern.He was super friendly and helpful so would like to give him a compliment for his customer service today.
The only problem I did have was with the automated telephone system before I was put through to Trent.My call was cancelled 4 times before being put through.
5 stars for Trent.Only 3 for the automated system
mark
mark

Trent was awesome

Had to call in with a billing enquiry - two different bills for the same electricity account in one day led to problems. So for ovo and billing - 3/5. But dedicated customer service - 5/5. Trent stayed on the call until he had everything as sorted as they could, and lined up everything else to fall into place. Thanks for your hard work and persistence.

toby
toby

Excellent Service

LEGEND! Trent sorted my billing problem out fast as lightning! Top Bloke!
brontee.eickemeyer96
brontee.eickemeyer962 posts

Always been helpful and reasonable priced

Anytime I’ve had a query they have been super helpful and quick to respond. I found their plans great. When moving I disconnected and had credit to be refunded and they were good at communicating and getting my money refunded
William
William

Had to fight to get refund of my in credit account closure

Switched away from OVO energy due to their increasing prices. Took approx 10days to even get a final bill from them. Once that final bill arrived, they advised it would take 10 days to get my refund of almost $400. Then after it never arrived they advised it would take another 10 days. It was only after I made a complaint to the ombudsman that the refund was completed immediately. Then their follow up communication was very rude and incorrect, they inadvertently refunded me again, then sent me a very aggressive email to refund their money back to them. Would advise to stay away. Friends have also had similar problems with extensive delays in getting refunds from account closures.
PeterSydney, NSW4 posts

Absolutely hopeless company. Stay away from them

Bill is very hard to work out. Want to pay by credit card but their billing dept won't get back to me. ( Actually they did try once but I missed the call. ) Sent me a letter recently telling me they are paying me too much feed in ( 7 cents ) and it will be reduced from mid December. Have now switched back to Energy Aust. and just want to pay my bill from OVO but just can't contact them.

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now