OVO Mobile

OVO Mobile

No drama, efficient OVO customer service

Testing advice and setup modem advice from OVO support was patient with me and done logically and efficiently despite my telco's call dropouts and call backs. No drama, no presumptions, just acurate fantastic customer service.

Plan Cost per Month: $67.00
Included Data per Month:100 GB

Best telco ever!

I have been with OVO now over one year and never had any trouble. The price is absolutely terrific and have never experienced dropouts. Super fast & friendly chat option. Can only recommend it.

Plan Cost per Month: $34.95
Included Data per Month:50 GB

Not bad, held back by horrible congestion

The service is pretty good value for money in terms of mobile data, but lately the congestion has made it very unreliable. If this gets fixed, it's an easy 5 stars.

Automatic Recharge without any notice

I've had a tablet - data only plan for 365 days. Last year it was terrific value. This year there are far better options out there. Unfortunately OVO automatically recharges from your on file credit card without any notice whatsoever. And yes- no refunds on automatic recharges. It is all legal and as per their terms and conditions, but what a sure way to lose trust in the market.

Included Data per Month:1 GB

Unusable most of the time and zero support

They are with Optus so if Optus has coverage you do, that doesn't mean it will work properly. I've got 3 while we wait for an NBN migration in different areas in NSW and all 3 have the same problem. High latency, up around 3000ms on average before 9am and after 3pm. Evenings are no better after 7pm. I fyou log an issue with them they tell you its yoru device, even if you've tried multipel devices, clearly they dont have enough capacity.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

Product is good, but terrible and horrible and terrific customer service people

The people doesn't even know how to talk politely and they are always in a mode to invite for a fight. Terrible service or no service. Pray god not to have any issue with the service, once you have the issue only god can help you.. i don't have less than 1 star to give them

Plan Cost per Month: $30.00
Included Data per Month:10 GB

Horrible Customer Service and Greedy Company

We have 3 accounts with ovo and will be moving away from them after being with them for a few years.
Why? Because they harass you to recharge all the time, then they change the plans and dont pass the savings onto the customers. Their customer support will even tell you to go somewhere else if you arent happy rather than fix the problem.

Your data mysteriously disappears too. A few times, seconds after we recharge, 5gb just goes missing, some how we use 5gb in seconds when nothing is even connected.
Dont bother contacting support as they dont care.
They would rather lose loyal customers than try fix the problem

Plan Cost per Month: $99.00
Included Data per Month:250 GB

Good product, but extremely poor customer service, forced to move out of it

Evert hing is perfect until you get a problem and call the customer service people,The person on the other end of the phone was ridiculously poor with communication. I tried to recharge my ovo mobile using a new credit card, but it didn't work, the person is kept on telling me there is a recharging option on the screen, which was not there. Today i log on to ovo, the recharging option appeared. I don't know how? ( the person I was talking asked me in sarcastic way do you know what a new browser is ? do you know what is a new device is? being an IT processional I think I should know this. ( Do not underestimate people, they call you for a reason)

Customer Service Poor

I have been a customer for over a year and previously have recommended this service. I will no longer do so after the poor customer service I have received today. A week ago I went online and turned off auto recharge... or so I thought. Unfortunately a flaw in OVOs system means that while you are still logged in it doesn't tell you that your changes have not been saved. After unticking the auto recharge box I clicked on the "Finish" button (thinking this would save my changes), this took me back to the dashboard. Because I'm always nervous about these things, I clicked back on "Manage Service" to check that the auto recharge was definitely off. The box was still unticked when the Manage Service page opened so satisfied I'd turned off the auto-recharge logged out of the dashboard. Then yesterday they charged me for an autorecharge. They are now refusing to refund the money because they cannot find a log of me updating the details.

Plan Cost per Month: $29.95
Included Data per Month:10 GB

Good product but rediculous recharge options

Love the packages they offer and the data is great however a downfall for this company is the recharge option via credit/debit card plus the extra fee they charge as apart of their T&C they say will apparently be credited back into your account after 10 working days, made a complaint all they said we would love to get your feedback with other recharge options which i advised other options as i also don't have 7eleven in my area either it's rediculous !

Amazing Service!

I had a very small issue with the 1st payment taken off my credit card being overcharged. I contacted OVO and they rectified it immediately and couldn't be more helpful. OVO was recommended to me by a friend who has it for her son in high school.... and it is easy to see why. They are amazing.

Great product, data consumption a little high

The service can be slow at peak times and also the consumption rate at peak hours seems quite high, when streaming on my xbox, it seems to go through data at 10x the data it should( this may be an issue with my console settings to be fair though), apart from that it's amazing value for money when you get into the higher data plans, no one else can offer data sizes like this for the price, Ovoplay is a great offer and can help when you're bored and don't want to waste data, I've switched my entire home internet to OVO and couldn't be happier, on a side note I keep seeing negative reviews for the customer service team, I think they're amazing, have helped me multiple times with various issues, one staff member even talked a 7-11 cashier (on my mobile) through the process of giving me a recharge when he was unsure of the process. Data speeds are what you'd expect

Beware!

Signed my daughter up for the 1GB data plan as it was much cheaper than previous provider for the same data allowance. Her apps are all switched off mobile data and always has been to prevent unnecessary data consumption. All was going well until she watched OvoPlay for the first time one evening on her Ovo sim phone logged in through the OvoPlay app and yet it consumed all her monthly data. I contacted Ovo who said they would investigate and note any sudden data consumption by sending out a data consumption report within 5 -8 days!!!! Received the report which stated the obvious that 1048327 of data had been consumed on the day she watched OvoPlay. Contacted Ovo who said the report didn't show any inconsistencies with data consumption and that the 1048327 of data could have been used by any other app. I repeatedly informed them that her mobile data is switched off for all apps and how coincidental that something else on her phone should be a major download at the same time she watched OvoPlay. Despite this, they would not accept that OvoPlay was the cause of the data consumption as she had nothing else running in the background and was not streaming anything else. Very bad customer service putting blame on the user. Never had any issue with exceeding her data allowance before. Thanks for nothing Ovo!

Bad

Great plans and pricing, their customer service, procedures and website are a joke though. Fine if you have no issues (once you are set up anyway), but if you have an issue, there is no fun to be had.

Product review changed the title of my review, therefore product review also only gets 2 stars.

The most useless staff

twice now I have used all my phone call allowance with out the 50% or 85 % warning each time ,
I have asked to speak to a supervisor on many occasions
they say we will give you a call back that never comes
They are dead set useless

Great mobile broadband at affordable price

We live in an area that didn't have NBN and as we didn't have phone connected, we opted for the OVO 150gb monthly plan using a router. It worked well for several months the until we were able to connect to NBN last month. We highly recommend OVO and they have an way to use app.

Really never had an issue

Used the 4g data only sim for about a year now and never really had an issue.
The odd occasion the service has been slow but 99% of the time the download/uploads speed have been decent.

Worst company ever

Absolutely ridiculous, I am a traveller and bought the SIM from post office for my two weeks staying in Aus. When I activated my SIM, it forced me to provide credit card details as I don’t have any AU identity. After a month, I found that they auto recharged $34.95 to my credit card without my authorisation. I reached out to their customer service, they refused to make any refund. I reviewed all the policy from their public website and the package of the SIM. I can’t see any terms mentioned that it will default the setting as auto-recharged if you chose to provide credit card as your identity. And I remember that I did wanted to remove my credit card details after the SIM got activated, it is no way for you to remove the credit card details. Worst company ever.

A joy after Telstra.

Much better speeds than ADSL 2 where I live in the Bush. Customer service is excellent. Love that I am not tied to a contract. When I am in hospital I can take the mobile broadband with me, so saves me money. I am a light user but easy to upgrade for just 1 month if I have visitors and then go back to the lower plan. Now can do this directly on the app, even better. Love the simple straightforward app - so easy to use. Dealing with TELSTRA was a nightmare. So glad I found OVO.

Thanks ovo

Good reliable coverage, as i travel with work, only a very few places the coverage is poor, but then again there are places my ovo work & others dont. Been with ovo a couple of years & the only thing is that if you do run out of credit you cant recharge on line otherwise it would be 5 stars.