Was incredible, now I'm switching

Ovo was absolutely amazing, it's plan offered 80gb a month of Data for 40 dollars plus unlimited calls and texts, as well as the ability to recharge anytime. However, they have no changed not only to half what they used to provide, but no longer allow you to recharge anytime, instead you have to pay absolutely unreasonable rates (35 dollars for 10gb) to top up if you are out of data before your plan is done.
Just a month ago I couldn't have recommended them more, now I can't at all.

Plan Cost per Month: $50.00

Maxxie86

Maxxie86Wangaratta

OVO rip-off

They doubled my data from 40GB to 80GB for the same price which was good as I didn`t have to worry about exceeding my data limit.Then they decided to cut it back to the 40GB again.I suppose that after they sucked in enough new customers they decided to cut back again.I will not be renewing my plan with OVO.

Plan Cost per Month: $49.95
Blie

BlieSydney, NSW

Keeping customers informed

Im existing customer and i appreciate their notification if i would like to revisit my mobile plan based on my data consumption and consider a change where applicable, which I did and it was smooth process.

naomi.porter.90

naomi.porter.90Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great service and fantastic price

Wonderful good value plan for kids (and others too!) Fantastic service when accidentally recharged on day it automatically did it (my fault at first recharge) refunded the amount straight away!

Dibberss

DibberssGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ovo worth a try?

Best mobile plan for cheap. U get 10gb of data for $20 “what a bargain”. Other mobile plans are 10gb for $30 and they do the same thing. Ovo is worth it. I’ve had ovo for 2 months now, I’ve had the 2gb plan for $9.95 a month. Ovo is worth a try. The app tells you when you have used half of your data.

Plan Cost per Month: $9.95

Jane

JaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

OVO is just greedy

Reduced my data plan by 15GB but didn’t change the price? Also changed their policy so I can’t recharge before the day which means I have to buy data. They are just looking for money - it’s a scam

Fraser

FraserLaunceston, TAS

ripoff

they changed my plan without my consent cut my data and calling half and charged the same amount of money when i complained they neither refund the money nor put my original plan back.

Belinda

BelindaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

24 hour downtime to connect

After reading the bleurb about minimal down time and an email telling me it would only take 4 hours- I was left stranded with no activation for 24 hours! I had to hound them to be connected and lied to about how long it would take.
I couldn’t catch and Uber and have had to spend hundreds of dollars on parking at the airport. Not happy

Plan Cost per Month: $30.00
AVS G.

AVS G.Central Queensland, QLD

Value for money

Good price and good value for money I definitely recommend going for ovo mobile thanks. Just go for it I love it's just that it take some time to deliver the sim card but the value for money covers it all up.

Plan Cost per Month: $30.00
Gabor

GaborSydney, NSW

15G cut 2 weeks notice

The last 50G for 35AUD was extermly good, and I was happy with that that is why I changed and it was easy to use or order from them, however this changes to cut 15G for the same amount of money and when you ask why the reason is the customers are happy for that as they never used the 50G it is just ridiculous.

Included Data per Month:50 GB

Callie

CallieSouth Australia

Awesome value

Order SIM card online, keep current mobile phone number. Generous allowances for pre-paid. Always seem to be increasing the data allowance! Easy to recharge. No need to pay for service if not using it - recently went overseas and let my recharge expire. Recharged when I got home with nil issues.

Plan Cost per Month: $29.95

Kity

KitySouth Australia

decreased the data on my deal

Always been very happy with OVO service and products. I was thrilled when they offered to double data on the mobile plans and went with the 50GB for $34.95. This deal must have been too popular because they have just told me that next recharge would only give me 35GB, Surely they could keep the deal going for the current customers. For me a deal is a deal and I will now sign up with another IP that hopefully won't suddenly change the rules.

Plan Cost per Month: $34.95

Walter

Walter

Stay away

Couldn't order sim card online, so I tried support but no help at all. I rang customer service and same poor service. I told operator its too hard and I will find another company, it didn't seem to bother him. I am staying away for sure.

Sandeep

SandeepPerth, WA

Very bad customer service

Waiting from last five days to get my number activated. Everytime when i call to customer care they have different answers. Very unprofessional customer service. Definitely not recommending to anyone

Pathetic customer service & technical support. BACKYARD TELCO

Absolute pathetic business, steer clear of this backyard telecom company!..
No Professional support or clear indication of how to fix problems, different answers from all staff.
Cheap & Nasty.
They may claim to be 100% Australian but this is incorrect & receive tech support overseas who are not available 24/7 like any reputable telco.

They are worst than dealing with off shore support teams.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Plan Cost per Month: $50.00
Included Data per Month:65 GB
Reviewedhonestly

ReviewedhonestlyMurray Region, NSW

Superb service, great value, outstanding overall.

Service is superb both phone network and customer. Plans are best value out there with no contract. Always warned when your data is near depleted. Easy to use dashboard on web page or app. I've got nothing negative to say about Ovo and I have been a customer for several years now along with the rest of my family

Plan Cost per Month: $9.95
Included Data per Month:2 GB

Jahornsby

OVO eventually sorted our problem, long time waiting!!

Here's how it went down all the way down with OVO!
We are advised and assured by OVO staff that their SIM card will work on our unlocked Vodafone pocket wifi.
Once you make the OVO SIM card purchase, they seem not sure anymore, whether it will work or not!
Calls back and forth for months until they approve a refund!
Confirmed by OVO email, that our refund had been processed on the 24 Nov.!
When you ask for a receipt number for the refund process?
They seem to stop returning the calls!
Eventually after 19 days they get back to us, claiming, that for some unknown reason the refund hadn't been processed by accounts!
We ask when do you think that will happen??
They stopped returning our calls!

Plan Cost per Month: $34.95
Included Data per Month:49 GB

So far so good

I change mobile providers often and sometimes it can be a very difficult process. OVO was super quick porting my number over, as in minutes not hours or days. Very good value plans for BYO.

Plan Cost per Month: $19.95
Included Data per Month:10 GB

Nabeel

NabeelSydney

Great self service and smooth activation process

I was a bit cautious signing up my wife to OVO based on online reviews, but it seemed to be too good value to pass up. i was pleasantly surprised with the user friendly website and activation process. number porting was complete within 15 mins and everything was up and running quickly. The self service app and website are simple to use and my wife hasnt complained about data speeds, especially because we use her data a lot to hotspot for my son's iPad streaming. So far very happy and highly recommended! Thanks.

Plan Cost per Month: $29.95

Lewis

Lewis

OVO makes retrograde step in data packages.