Oz-Pet All Natural Cat & Pet Litter

Oz-Pet All Natural Cat & Pet Litter

See the Best Cat Litter in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Oz-Pet? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Not as good as it used to be.

Previously I was very happy but recently I find it smells really unpleasant and litter is black after use. Cats have had
No change in diet. Unless things change I think I will have to find another litter.

kitkat
kitkatSydney

I love it but my cat hates it.

My kitten was brought up on this but suddenly refused to use it, we assume because it was hard on her paws. We are currently trying other litters but we are unhappy with them all. Luckily, she's not as picky.

Other Cat Litter

Not suitable in our house.

sam
samSydney, NSW

Nothing Special

While these 2 pieces of plastic do the job, it is beyond any logic as why the price is so high. Also, the legs of the inner tray press hard and make holes in the liner. As a result, pet urine goes under the liner which causes very bad and sharp odour. Not happy.

Too expensive. Bad design.

davidweh
davidweh

a liner is not needed ....

Cat Litter

Find out how Oz-Pet All Natural Cat & Pet Litter compares to other Cat Litter

gemmakay
gemmakayMelbourne, Victoria

Not great

Wendyh
WendyhSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not good

I have used many brands and this is really heavy, stains the white litter trays so I have to use a cream cleaner before I bleach it. The pellets are so large my cats do not like to walk on it. It doesn't break down much at all I found so in the 2 tier tray system the underneath was horrid. I have gone back to the Pine pellets I used before.
The tray system they developed to go with it.
Heavy and stains

Cookie11
Cookie11AU

Cat hated the pellets and so did I

Tried Oz-Pet to see what it was like. The pellets themselves had no smell which was good. However the pellets are large and woody the cat hated digging in them. She refused to use it, so I'm not sure how it would have gone at covering odours, but I suspect it wouldn't have done a flash job at coating the solid waste to minimise smell.

Good for not tracking provided you use the sifting tray, however the sawdust down the bottom can be a bit messy when cleaning it out.
Product has no smell on its own, renewable source
Initial setup expensive, pellets large, heavy and not nice and soft for little paws

melissagmh
melissagmh

Bad

Great concept and uses alot less litter, is expensive inital outlay however due to significant savings in litter system would pay for itself in a few months. You need to be prepared to clean out catch tray at least on a daily basis to avoid odours. I can't live with pee going on the floor so sadly i am going back to old hooded tray.
Great concept and uses alot less litter
Design needs altering in my view beacuse my cat sometimes pees toward the handles and due to the design pee can leak out all over the floor. Also she can miss edge altogether and pee all over the floor. Disapointed with design Needs hood cover.

Other Cat Litter

Fiona Mc
Fiona Mcasked

How long can you use the Oz pet litter once the pellets have broken down?

Deyeda
Deyeda

I wouldn’t use the litter once the pellets break down, that means that they have been used and start to smell.

Marion
Marionasked

Can this waste be flushed down toilet?

Phillip00
Phillip00

No, it is not suitable to be flushed down the toilet. I have stopped using OzPet litter as it stunk the house out using the twin trays. I now have gone to Catlux clumping litter as the house does not stink anymore, however, it does not fully clump and I have to be careful in separating the good litter from the lump of wet litter.

deb
debasked

can you flush the litter when you pick up the poos down the toilet ?

Rose Bryan