Verified🏆 2024 Award

2,067 reviews
lewis
lewis

Not recommended

Customer service asked to wait for estimated delivery date to pass (8 to 15 working days) when it had already been 17 working days when I messaged. Paid for express shipping. No help with try to locate my order just told to wait.
Jamez
JamezSouth East Queensland, QLD48 posts

Great company, till something goes wrong

Purchased multiple items from this company, all were great and fine, except the most recent, was a dud, tried to fix problem solve, the watch eventually died, and would not recharge, contacted support, who claimed me watch was outside of 30 days, therefore, not covered under warranty, asked about Australian Consumer Law, turns out, they are a UK company, but registered as an Australian Business, ergo, ACL does not apply to them.
Ill still push to get my money back, but what a headache.
Buyers Beware, all the others writing similar reviews, cant be wrong.
*update-used Paypal (180 day limit) to start a faulty product dispute/complaint, wasnt easy, but ended up with a refund after returning (had to pay $10 for postage). Thank you Paypal.
Loz
LozNew South Wales2 posts

Decent shipping & price

I had a good experience despite the bad reviews. I ordered a Harry Potter replica wand on 22/11, it was dispatched on 23/11. I received my order on 8/12 (about 2 weeks transit time). Considering it was sent from the UK to me in Australia around Xmas time, it was quite a decent shipping time! Product was undamaged and correct, and roughly $40 cheaper than other retailers.
Pros
- Decent shipping time (standard shipping)
- Cheaper $ for product (compared to other sites)
- Free standard shipping over $50

Cons
- Site should be clearer that most items come from UK
- Should update shipping times in email (7-10 days) to match site (8-15 days)
- Needs item tracking!!

Overall = good experience!

chicaloca
chicalocaCanberra 2600, ACT11 posts

Received my order no problems

I was hesitant about ordering from this company after reading a lot of bad reviews. I had ordered from them a lot in the past and never had any issues but that was a number of years ago. I went ahead and ordered a barbie playset that my daughter really wanted for Christmas and I was unable to get here in Australia. I received my order last week - it took about 4 weeks from when I placed the order. It would be good if they provided tracking numbers - not sure why they don't - but I did receive what I ordered no problems so very happy with that.
Richard H.
Richard H.South East Queensland, QLD

Awful service. You pay for express shipping, to never receive your item. If you want your money back, good luck. SCAM

Payed extra for express shipping. Item never came. Request for refund on an item I never recieved, was refused. SCAM
Bree
Bree2 posts

Deborah
DeborahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Scam scam scam

I brought a pre order game 2mths ago have email no response there is no number to call it's is the biggest scam ever I wish I had never brought from ozgames Melbourne .
DMD
DMD

Absolute Scam

I purchased a product 1 month ago and I still haven't received it. This company is the worst to deal with - nothing you order comes with tracking and there is no way to get in contact with anyone for a follow up. Considering the consistently terrible experience everyone has been having this warrants the lodging of consumer complaints and subsequent investigation by the ACCC.
Dan
Dan2 posts

Haven’t received item

Over 15 working days since dispatch, email stated 7 to 10 working days. Website FAQ says not to make enquires until after 30 days. We have another fortnight of our child checking the letterbox for a game that he saved up his pocket money for only to be disappointed. First and last time buying from ozgameshop.
wes610
wes610AU5 posts

It's true - awful company

I purchased a pre order and it was "sent" two days before launch. I was excited. That was over 23 days ago and I have no game. No tracking.
Chatbot is useless. Customer care just tells you to wait/covid delays. I thought I was buying from an Australian company - it's not. I wish I had bought the game from any other site. :(

Update: Arrived after 29days. Seems to have been posted from Sweden. It is the British version of the game, not AU.

Benjamin S.
Benjamin S.

Scam - DO NOT BUY!!!

They take your money and don't give you a product. They also don't have a customer service help team. Do Not use them.

They claim to be Australian based but they are UK conartists.

They are heavily involved in deception and fruad matters which are currently before the courts!

Trent
TrentCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC4 posts

Do not recommend

I brought a game from this site they sent me no order number to track my item and I still have no game but they still have my money
rmblablabla
rmblablablaBrisbane7 posts

Parcel didnt arrive and customer service bad

I ordered an item from OzGameShop from Kogan. They took a couple of days to send it. My parcel was delayed for some reason and I ask what is happening to it. The customer service named "Jade" keeps telling me canned response and didn't even bother chasing up. Back and forth for almost a month reiterating to them that it is being held up somewhere in Brisbane. Jade didn't bother (or didnt understand) and keep saying for me to wait until the deadline for the delivery expires. Surprise surprise, the parcel ready didnt arrive. I have to wait 1-2 weeks for my refund.

Avoid this company as their customer service is lazy.

Sharyn J.
Sharyn J.24 posts

Xmas Order arrived

Was recommended this website
so ordered back in October. My products arrived separately but they are here. PS4 game and Santorini board game. No problems after all. Phew!!
Danielle
DanielleSydney, NSW2 posts

Order not delivered but unable to contact ozgameshop

I am unable to contact ozgame shop via email. Always comes back captcha verification failed. Though no way to verify!
Sam79
Sam79South East Queensland, QLD24 posts

• +1Thumbnail

Gabriel L.
Gabriel L.

Complete scam. Not based in Australia. Good never arrived. Be careful!

Not based in Oz. Goods never arrived. Contacted them and no one answered. Watch out. They weren't even as cheap as local shops. Buyer beware.
Fahad
Fahad4 posts

Total scam!!

I purchased Valhalla Ultimate Edition in used condition for an Xbox console. The game arrived with an Ultimate Edition cover but standard disc inside. I requested them to sort out the issue and the response was

Contents and item condition may vary. All items are sold in working condition. Instruction manuals, guides, downloadable or online accessible content listed on the product, are not guaranteed to be included."

The standard version retails for $39 brand new and I paid $57 for a used one. I would never buy nor recommend them.

Alan H
Alan HFar North Queensland, QLD2 posts

Would not Recommend Oz Games Australia

Would not recommend oz games . Buyer beware. I have tried to get in contact with them 10 times as the item I bought arrived completely broken into. They are not accepting any of my communication. Will never buy from oz games ever again. Beware!!!!! I gave oz games one last chance to replace my broken statue. Have had zero response. I am done and will never, never!!!!! Buy from oz games again.
Izzy
IzzyPerth, WA4 posts

Steve C.
Steve C.

Fine until there is a problem

I have bought several items over the last few months with no problem at all.
However an item arrived last week and it was clearly faulty.
Since then I have sent three messages via their website to inform them of the faulty item. I even sent pictures but have received absolutely no response to my communication at all.

Their customer service appears to be a sham. It's non-existant. Thats what the one star is for.

Harry
Harry6 posts

Poor customer service, and not even from Oz!

ozgameshop should be called ukgameshop because they are not based in oz, which means delivery take weeks. prices are more expensive - check the gamesmen first! and more importantly, customer service is useless: you need to return any game to the UK, which costs more than the price of the game
Harvey
HarveyCanberra 2600, ACT4 posts

Scam. Beware. Just after your money

I ordered and paid (8th of August) for 2 Nintendo Switch games for my daughter's birthday until now no products delivered. No tracking number was provided. Very poor communication. The website says they are located in Melbourne, Australia but I think they are somewhere overseas where all the scammers are located. Beware of this company, they are just after your money. This company should be ban. Reported to Paypal and waiting for a refund.
Simon K.
Simon K.2 posts

Scam. No Product No Communication. No Invoice. Nothing

Please be very thoughtful when considering using this site. If you are satisfied to make a purchase without receiving a product, any documentary evidence (invoice or email) then by all means, go ahead. Given the AI on this site forbids using truthful language for the review I am choosing my words carefully. I am confident most people will hopefully see this email for what it is.
Derek L.
Derek L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nervous from reviews BUT got exactly what I ordered with no problems

Bought Gotcha Evolve (Pokemon Go). Best price around. THEN read many bad reviews! But arrived in fortnight, works perfectly. GREAT!
Larry
Larry2 posts

Avoid

Expected delivery to come within 7-10 days day. 21 days later the delivery only just arrived. The company cannot (or will not) provide tracking details which makes it impossible to what stage of delivery your item is in. The only saving grace of this company is the polite and responsive customer service team but again, not much help. Given this was my first shopping experience with Ozgameshop whilst I received my product I would advise taking your business elsewhere to avoid lengthy shipping!

Jessica D.
Jessica D.South East Queensland, QLD

this website is a joke

Placed an order the 21/08/21, one of the items was 2-5 days waiting before shipping.
delivery by post is 7-10days.
the status of the order has been updated the 23/08/21 as partially shipped, and the 31/08/21 as shipped.
we are now the 4/09/21 and the estimate date for delivery is 13/09/21
I tried to contact them, but no answer after 6 days.
The communication on this site is ridiculous and the processing time is a joke.
I would keep calm if it was shipped on time and accept a delay caused by post and covid as many company use at the moment.
also there is no tracking number... even an ebay order with free delivery as a tracking number...
I won't deal with them anymore.
Simon O.
Simon O.Sydney, NSW

Worse online store ever

Ordered over 8 weeks ago for a birthday present and still have not received the item. They have absolutely no communication. Today I have attempted to go into their website and the site comes up as webserver error. Looks like this website is a scam. Thankfully I only ordered one item and it looks as though I won't be getting it. Wish I read the reviews before ordering. Do not place an order through this website. If I could give zero stars I would.
Jeff
JeffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Order arrived but it's not complete

I have sent numerous emails to oz game.My order is not complete missing ACDC masks I am not sure if I have been scammed, Paid in full Still waiting for a reply, Ñeed help so I can get what I paid for
Leslie
LeslieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

MichaelBuble142
MichaelBuble142

Average

item was out of stock in the end so wish they had been upfront as it was a birthday present an surely they would have known it was out of stock for the 2 weeks they had my order.
Ashley T.
Ashley T.2 posts

Scam Definitely not recommend No item no nothing

Definitely not recommend
No item delivered for the birthday weeks to travel less than 200km
So no Birthday present to the Birthday boy
No phone number no chat no tracking info no nothing
Cindy
Cindy3 posts

UK seller pretending to be AU based and terrible service

My game console was shipped untracked and in a box with no protective packaging, it was left in the rain by Australia Post and was soaking wet when I found it. Once I filed the return request I was given a UK address. They covered the return postage but it took too long to ship the item back to UK due to COVID delays. It has been over a week since the return time was delivered and I still haven't received my refund. ACCC should really investigate and fine these overseas sellers pretending to be AU sellers, the website was very leading to say the lease.
Concerned Consumer
Concerned Consumer

OzGameshop Possible Identity Theft. Location is a Church in Melbourne via Google Earth

IDENTITY THEFT SCAM??? (Email Received) Asking for PROOF of IDENTITY (Including Utility Bills and D/L, ) I have just placed TWO Orders for over $400. I just looked up Google Earth, and the Scots Church is on the Corner ( https://www.scotschurch.com/locations ) after checking out the address. Phone number advertised on their Website Discontinued. ***I recommend the Gamesmen, Riverstone NSW, Physically been there multiple times, earliest customers of OVER 40 Years (pre Mattel Intellivision days), orders prompt.***
garass27
garass27

Dispatch is terrible and they don't communicate

I ordered 36 dice as well as two packs of 7 DnD dice. They did not dispatch any of the order for over 5 days. As of current it has been 9 days and they have only dispatched part of the order. They have not sent me emails saying they have received my order or telling me which part of the order has been dispatched. They advertise that they normally dispatch orders in 24 hours or so but not only have they failed to do that but they only managed to dispatch part of the order after 9 days. I don't know what part of the order and they have not supplied shipping details.
Dina lewins
Dina lewinsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rip off

Paid express post and only received a small portion of order . No explanations . Cant ring anybody so cannot get money back or product I ordered

Emma L
Emma LSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
Naomo
NaomoToowoomba5 posts

No Product. No Communication

Ordered a DVD set on 5th July 2021. Recieved a confirmation of order. Then nothing further. I logged in and was surprised to see the status was shipped as of 14 July, but no tracking info. So due to covid I waited for all the extra long time frames for delivery as per the site. Nothing. I contacted via chat, it was automated and said email them. I did and was guarenteed a response in 24hrs. Nothing. I requested a refund through PayPal. Luckily this got them to action! I was contacted within about 12hrs confirming a refund from PayPal. No explanation as to what happened but at least with PayPal I will get my money back!
Also they make out as if they are in Australia. They are NOT. Will never buy from here again.
Elliot
ElliotGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

All good.. Record purchase

After reading some of these reviews I was a bit worried about my purchase. But the deal was really great on a vinyl record I was after so I took the plunge and am happy to say my package arrived on time and was well packaged.
Andres