OzHead MKIII

• Hair Care
Tracey

TraceyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not as good as hoped

I purchased 1 of these as a friend recommended it. I've used it a number of times now and am not impressed at all so will be going back to my GHD as this is much better

S AndoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

Purchased in August 2018 at Ozhead website for $205.00.

Lovemyhome

LovemyhomeAdelaide

Didn't work for us

Hair Straighteners

Find out how OzHead MKIII compares to other Hair Straighteners

Amber K

Amber K

Hair gets caught and is not straightening well

Hi, I received my straighteners a few weeks ago and have used it a few times, I find my hair gets caught in the edge of the plate and it doesn't straighten overly well. I have fine curly hair and dry it off before straightening. I also find it is not overly hot, My 10 year old GHD still is working better (and I am in no way a GHD only person). I am wondering if it has a fault. I tried emailing through the website but it wouldn't allow me too.

Mary0000

Mary0000Canberra Central 2602, ACT

Not so Great

Bought this after reading positive reviews. Unfortunately for me, it hasn't been very good. My GHD, which my daughter now uses all the time, is far better. The OzHead takes longer to straighten my hair, the straightener becomes so hot it easily burns your fingers and ears and I have no idea what the vibration is supposed to achieve it didn't do a thing for me. In comparison when I use my GHD my hair is shinier and smoother and it doesn't become so extremely hot on the outside. On the positive side, they did send my out a free one after sending me the incorrect colour ordered, which was unexpected and very nice.

Not hot enough for my hair

17.5.17 Unfortunately this straightener doesn't do a good job on my hair even at the top temperature and using tiny sections of hair. I used the serum they sent but with this straightener my hair is all plumped out again the next day.
I ordered it on 25.4.17 but it didn't arrive for about 10 working days. I have left a message on the 1800 694 323 number which went to the message bank of someone named Dave.

Dalma H.OzHead

Well Dave is sending a refund and I am very grateful indeed. It shows that this company has integrity ladies! Very impressive.

Hannah

HannahNewcastle

My old GHD was better!

Received this Ozhead straightener as a gift a couple months back. Was looking forward to using it as my old GHD eventually broke after several years. Well what a disappointment :( it doesn't straighten as well as my old GHD, and secondly the vibrating plates stop working every time I use it :( really disappointed with this straightener, I'd rather go back and use a GHD anyday!

Doesn's straighten as well as my old GHD, vibrating plates stop working.

Dalma H.OzHead

Hi Hannah, Please can you get in touch with us? If the results you're getting are not awesome then I suspect you have a bad unit and we can arrange a replacement asap :) We really want every customer to be happy so please call us on 1800 694 323

chrish

chrish

Average

I've used many straighteners & this was as another reviewer stated, clunky & the plates didnt float right. I've had mine just over 2 years & a plate finally disconnected. I'm back to plain old Remmington, $50 & works as well. It has a 3 year service warranty which I'llI try (only broke this week) but if it costs money I'll have to consider if its worth it 9postage). will let you know about the service side.
Heated quick, long warranty, very pretty box
Cord too long, not a great plate fixture, no auto cut off, expensive

Harmony P

Harmony Pasked

I had a Muster straightener 20 years ago which I loved and replaced with a GHD when my sister took the Muster when she moved out. It was back in 2005 and GHDs were just as good (if not better) than the Muster. When the GHD died about 7 years ago, GHDs were not made the same and I have just been buying cheap ones. I am on the search for the 'holy grail' straightener that achieves results like the original Muster and GHDs. Does anyone have experience using these classic ones and can provide some feedback on what they have found available now that is similar? Thanks in advance! :)

Anita

Anitaasked

Hi. I haven't been seen any reviews as to how this goes with curling hair. Does anyone have any feedback regarding this?

mimi
mimi

i have seen hair dresser use it to curl hair.
also the customer service says you can do it.
i have tried curling it myself. need some experience to do so. Especially for the back of the hair if doing it yourself.
but the answer to your question is YES it can curl hair.

Anita

Anitaasked

Hi. I'm thinking of purchasing your product for my daughters, ages 11 & 12. The younger one has really curly, ringlet type hair and the older one has dead straight hair. My hairdresser told me that a hair straightener should be able to straighten and curl hair. Is this correct? Thank you.

Maureen Flood
Maureen Flood

I have gone from natural curly hair to smooth straight hair and loving it, great product and so handy to have at home saves you money as you can do it at home,

Dalma H.OzHead

Hey Anita, Yes your hairdresser is absolutely correct :-) You can curl and straighten with the OzHead straightener very easily. Kind regards.

The OzHead MKIII, which costs $299.95, was the 2018 ProductReview.com.au Award Winner in the Hair Straighteners category.

This hair straightener has a few unique inclusions, such as vibrating heat plates ‘for faster and smoother straightening’ and tourmaline-coated plates, which are beneficial for damaged hair, as they help reduce frizz.

What reviewers loved about this hair straightener:

• Heats up quickly
  • Lightweight and easy to use
  • Hair stays straight for a long time, including overnight
  • Good for removing frizz and smoothing hair
  • Salon-quality finish – reviewers loved the way their hair looked after straightening.
CategoryHair Straighteners