OzHead MKIII

OzHead MKIII

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for OzHead? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Easy to use

• Reduces frizz

• Rapid heat-up

• Hair Length Medium (1)
  • Hair Style Curly (1)
  • Straightening Time 40 minutes
  • Hair Care
Tracey
TraceyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not as good as hoped

I purchased 1 of these as a friend recommended it. I've used it a number of times now and am not impressed at all so will be going back to my GHD as this is much better

S AndoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

Purchased in August 2018 at Ozhead website for $205.00.

justzed
justzedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Honest Review after 6 months use

Court
Court

It didn't wow me

I've had my OZhead for ages when it came with a weird little bunny toy. I've barely touched it really.
It was being compared as being on par to GHD.
I remember not being hugely wowwed but i just went "meh " and wanted to support a local.

I have used my oz head recently. My hair has changed its quite dry/brittle and this straightener didnt really do much for me my hair went drier after usage (thermal products used as well) and didnt really stay straight (only for an hour.) Im not really sure what the vibration does but that still works and it still has never snagged so that's a plus?

Lovemyhome
LovemyhomeAdelaide

Didn't work for us

Amber K
Amber K

Hair gets caught and is not straightening well

Hi, I received my straighteners a few weeks ago and have used it a few times, I find my hair gets caught in the edge of the plate and it doesn't straighten overly well. I have fine curly hair and dry it off before straightening. I also find it is not overly hot, My 10 year old GHD still is working better (and I am in no way a GHD only person). I am wondering if it has a fault. I tried emailing through the website but it wouldn't allow me too.

Mary0000
Mary0000Canberra Central 2602, ACT

Not so Great

Bought this after reading positive reviews. Unfortunately for me, it hasn't been very good. My GHD, which my daughter now uses all the time, is far better. The OzHead takes longer to straighten my hair, the straightener becomes so hot it easily burns your fingers and ears and I have no idea what the vibration is supposed to achieve it didn't do a thing for me. In comparison when I use my GHD my hair is shinier and smoother and it doesn't become so extremely hot on the outside. On the positive side, they did send my out a free one after sending me the incorrect colour ordered, which was unexpected and very nice.

Not hot enough for my hair

17.5.17 Unfortunately this straightener doesn't do a good job on my hair even at the top temperature and using tiny sections of hair. I used the serum they sent but with this straightener my hair is all plumped out again the next day.
I ordered it on 25.4.17 but it didn't arrive for about 10 working days. I have left a message on the 1800 694 323 number which went to the message bank of someone named Dave.

Dalma H.OzHead

Well Dave is sending a refund and I am very grateful indeed. It shows that this company has integrity ladies! Very impressive.

Hannah
HannahNewcastle

My old GHD was better!

Received this Ozhead straightener as a gift a couple months back. Was looking forward to using it as my old GHD eventually broke after several years. Well what a disappointment :( it doesn't straighten as well as my old GHD, and secondly the vibrating plates stop working every time I use it :( really disappointed with this straightener, I'd rather go back and use a GHD anyday!

Doesn's straighten as well as my old GHD, vibrating plates stop working.

Dalma H.OzHead

Hi Hannah, Please can you get in touch with us? If the results you're getting are not awesome then I suspect you have a bad unit and we can arrange a replacement asap :) We really want every customer to be happy so please call us on 1800 694 323

Theresa&co
Theresa&coBrisbane

Was a xmas pressie

Its ok does the job no better than the last one i had for $50. No auto switch off if you leave it on have done this twice now for 24hrs and the plates stopped vibrating properly after i left it on. Its a year old this month. Prob should have insisted my husband by the ghd i wanted since all these products are overpriced and it was a xmas pressie that im now not happy with.

I just thought after reading so many good reviews it would be a better product.

Shiv
ShivVictoria, Australia

Good straightener but style doesn't last

Stramoni
StramoniSydney

Mixed feelings

Been using the OzHead for about 6 months now. Initially it was really amazing and now the vibration function only works occasionally. It does still heat up quickly and I think it's good value for money.

As many others have said, customer service was amazing. If only the quality of the product is also as good I'd happily pay more to get another one.
Value for money, Customer service, Performance is OK.
Don't expect top of the line quality

Dalma H.OzHead

Hiya, The vibrating function is also covered by the 3 year warranty. Please get in touch and we'd be more than happy to fix you up with a replacement asap :)

Dalma H.OzHead

(P.S. If your iron goes wrong in the first 12 months, we will also refund your return postage to get it back to us. Repleacements are typically sent out the same day we receive them. I hope that we can fix you up :)

Mel Melbourne
Mel MelbourneMelbourne

Not sold!

chrish
chrish

Average

I've used many straighteners & this was as another reviewer stated, clunky & the plates didnt float right. I've had mine just over 2 years & a plate finally disconnected. I'm back to plain old Remmington, $50 & works as well. It has a 3 year service warranty which I'llI try (only broke this week) but if it costs money I'll have to consider if its worth it 9postage). will let you know about the service side.
Heated quick, long warranty, very pretty box
Cord too long, not a great plate fixture, no auto cut off, expensive

Harmony P
Harmony Pasked

I had a Muster straightener 20 years ago which I loved and replaced with a GHD when my sister took the Muster when she moved out. It was back in 2005 and GHDs were just as good (if not better) than the Muster. When the GHD died about 7 years ago, GHDs were not made the same and I have just been buying cheap ones. I am on the search for the 'holy grail' straightener that achieves results like the original Muster and GHDs. Does anyone have experience using these classic ones and can provide some feedback on what they have found available now that is similar? Thanks in advance! :)

Anita
Anitaasked

Hi. I haven't been seen any reviews as to how this goes with curling hair. Does anyone have any feedback regarding this?

mimi
mimi

i have seen hair dresser use it to curl hair.
also the customer service says you can do it.
i have tried curling it myself. need some experience to do so. Especially for the back of the hair if doing it yourself.
but the answer to your question is YES it can curl hair.

Anita
Anitaasked

Hi. I'm thinking of purchasing your product for my daughters, ages 11 & 12. The younger one has really curly, ringlet type hair and the older one has dead straight hair. My hairdresser told me that a hair straightener should be able to straighten and curl hair. Is this correct? Thank you.

Maureen Flood
Maureen Flood

I have gone from natural curly hair to smooth straight hair and loving it, great product and so handy to have at home saves you money as you can do it at home,

Dalma H.OzHead

Hey Anita, Yes your hairdresser is absolutely correct :-) You can curl and straighten with the OzHead straightener very easily. Kind regards.

Features:

• The OzHead MKIII Hair Straightener has tourmaline ceramic plates that help reduce frizz and make hair sleek and shiny.
  • Floating heating plates with gentle springs ensure that the plates have even contact with your hair, so you can easily style it the way you want.
  • It has temperature control that lets you adjust the iron's plates between 120°C to 230°C, so you can lower the heat for finer and more damaged hair, and turn it up for coarser locks.
  • Safety features like auto shut-off after 72 minutes, overheat protection, and current protection helps prevent accidents, reduce safety hazards, and protect hair.
  • The straightener is available in 4 colours: Sleek Black, Cherry Red, Deep Purple, and Lime Green.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers appreciated the rapid heat-up time of this OzHead straightener - some even found that it heated up a styleable temperature in seconds.
  • They also found that it was easy to use and style hair with, with some noting that it was simple to achieve a professional finish.
  • The straightener also helps reduce (and in some cases, eliminate) frizz, according to reviewers.
  • As an added bonus, there were plenty of reviewers who found that OzHead’s customer service team went above and beyond to address and handle the questions, problems, and concerns of customers.
CategoryHair Straighteners