OzHead MKIII

OzHead MKIII

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for OzHead? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Easy to use

• Reduces frizz

• Rapid heat-up

• Hair Length Medium (1)
  • Hair Style Curly (1)
  • Straightening Time 40 minutes
  • Hair Care
Tracey
TraceyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not as good as hoped

I purchased 1 of these as a friend recommended it. I've used it a number of times now and am not impressed at all so will be going back to my GHD as this is much better

S AndoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

Purchased in August 2018 at Ozhead website for $205.00.

Holly
HollySydney

Silky smooth hair

Great little hair straightener here I love this because it heats up in seconds and it is so great on the hair feels like heaven great budget for the price amazing.

KMT
KMTGold Coast

Very good but need to go over a couple of times

Heats quick, still going strong after 12 months. I do find if i straighten and walk away it fluffs up within about 30 minutes, but after doing it a second time very quickly it then stays straight all day. Also works well, if i blow dry my hair first with a styling brush and then straighten it. I dont use the vibrate option - have never seen that it makes a difference. I like the peace of mind of a 3 year warranty.

justzed
justzedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Honest Review after 6 months use

Court
Court

It didn't wow me

I've had my OZhead for ages when it came with a weird little bunny toy. I've barely touched it really.
It was being compared as being on par to GHD.
I remember not being hugely wowwed but i just went "meh " and wanted to support a local.

I have used my oz head recently. My hair has changed its quite dry/brittle and this straightener didnt really do much for me my hair went drier after usage (thermal products used as well) and didnt really stay straight (only for an hour.) Im not really sure what the vibration does but that still works and it still has never snagged so that's a plus?

Debbie
DebbieAdelaide

Not a good straightener

Not happy with OzHead straightener. I find that it's very cheap quality and I have to go over my hair multiple times in the same spot, 20 minutes later my hair is all frizzled out, my friend tried it and also experienced the same issue. Not impressed and wouldn't recommend.

Lovemyhome
LovemyhomeAdelaide

Didn't work for us

Hillary
HillaryAustralia

Unfortunately not impressed at all

I received this straightener awhile ago and really wanted to love it after everything I've read, but unfortunately it does not do the job. I find that using this straightener takes a lot longer, the build quality is very cheap from China and I don't feel it's worth the price tag, I personally find my cheaper straightener to do a far more superior job. When I use the ozhead my hair frizzes out and feels tried out. I personally don't like it and have had girlfriends try it and aren't too keen on it either.

lisa
lisa

Best straightener!

Works perfectly! I got mine a month ago and is still working great, I think it will last me quite a while... Heats up really quickly and makes my hair shiny and smooth!

Amber K
Amber K

Hair gets caught and is not straightening well

Hi, I received my straighteners a few weeks ago and have used it a few times, I find my hair gets caught in the edge of the plate and it doesn't straighten overly well. I have fine curly hair and dry it off before straightening. I also find it is not overly hot, My 10 year old GHD still is working better (and I am in no way a GHD only person). I am wondering if it has a fault. I tried emailing through the website but it wouldn't allow me too.

Ell
EllPerth

Cant live without this!

This is honestly one of the best hair straighter i have ever used! The hair dressers recommended me this product and it is honestly not disappointing. It was super easy to use and it heats up quite quickly. It worked amazing as my hair is always really wavey.

Mary0000
Mary0000Canberra Central 2602, ACT

Not so Great

Bought this after reading positive reviews. Unfortunately for me, it hasn't been very good. My GHD, which my daughter now uses all the time, is far better. The OzHead takes longer to straighten my hair, the straightener becomes so hot it easily burns your fingers and ears and I have no idea what the vibration is supposed to achieve it didn't do a thing for me. In comparison when I use my GHD my hair is shinier and smoother and it doesn't become so extremely hot on the outside. On the positive side, they did send my out a free one after sending me the incorrect colour ordered, which was unexpected and very nice.

Lola
LolaGold Coast

Good straightener for the price

I bought the Ozhead because the reputation of the GHD was going down after they switched manufacturers. This is a great alternative, although sometimes I feel like it needs tiny sections of hair to really straighten well. Still, for the price it's a great straightener.

Alex
AlexCanberra

Great Product

Very easy to use this product, I am extremely happy with the results. It heats up quickly and it was not too expensive. I ended up buying the same one as a gift because I am so happ[y with it.

Harmony P
Harmony Pasked

I had a Muster straightener 20 years ago which I loved and replaced with a GHD when my sister took the Muster when she moved out. It was back in 2005 and GHDs were just as good (if not better) than the Muster. When the GHD died about 7 years ago, GHDs were not made the same and I have just been buying cheap ones. I am on the search for the 'holy grail' straightener that achieves results like the original Muster and GHDs. Does anyone have experience using these classic ones and can provide some feedback on what they have found available now that is similar? Thanks in advance! :)

Anita
Anitaasked

Hi. I haven't been seen any reviews as to how this goes with curling hair. Does anyone have any feedback regarding this?

mimi
mimi

i have seen hair dresser use it to curl hair.
also the customer service says you can do it.
i have tried curling it myself. need some experience to do so. Especially for the back of the hair if doing it yourself.
but the answer to your question is YES it can curl hair.

Anita
Anitaasked

Hi. I'm thinking of purchasing your product for my daughters, ages 11 & 12. The younger one has really curly, ringlet type hair and the older one has dead straight hair. My hairdresser told me that a hair straightener should be able to straighten and curl hair. Is this correct? Thank you.

Maureen Flood
Maureen Flood

I have gone from natural curly hair to smooth straight hair and loving it, great product and so handy to have at home saves you money as you can do it at home,

Dalma H.OzHead

Hey Anita, Yes your hairdresser is absolutely correct :-) You can curl and straighten with the OzHead straightener very easily. Kind regards.

Features:

• The OzHead MKIII Hair Straightener has tourmaline ceramic plates that help reduce frizz and make hair sleek and shiny.
  • Floating heating plates with gentle springs ensure that the plates have even contact with your hair, so you can easily style it the way you want.
  • It has temperature control that lets you adjust the iron's plates between 120°C to 230°C, so you can lower the heat for finer and more damaged hair, and turn it up for coarser locks.
  • Safety features like auto shut-off after 72 minutes, overheat protection, and current protection helps prevent accidents, reduce safety hazards, and protect hair.
  • The straightener is available in 4 colours: Sleek Black, Cherry Red, Deep Purple, and Lime Green.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers appreciated the rapid heat-up time of this OzHead straightener - some even found that it heated up a styleable temperature in seconds.
  • They also found that it was easy to use and style hair with, with some noting that it was simple to achieve a professional finish.
  • The straightener also helps reduce (and in some cases, eliminate) frizz, according to reviewers.
  • As an added bonus, there were plenty of reviewers who found that OzHead’s customer service team went above and beyond to address and handle the questions, problems, and concerns of customers.
CategoryHair Straighteners