My next straightener will be a GHD.
I have used Ozhead for about 9 years and I’m sad to say the product and the service have both gone downhill! All the straighteners I have purchased since my first review on here in September 2013 have not outlasted the warranty and have had to be replaced.
Again I purchased 2 new Red straighteners in August last year (2018) because they initially were a quality item and are half the price of a decent GHD. I was hopeful that any updated straighteners would have had the previous issues identified and resolve...d. I gave one to my daughter and one for me. I don’t use them daily, perhaps once or twice a week to fully straighten my curly hair. In December the cord connection to the straightener became faulty and stopped working. I emailed Ozhead and explained the issue and they said to return my straightener and once they had received it they would send a replacement to me.
Purchased in August 2018 at Ozhead website for $205.
Questions & Answers
I had a Muster straightener 20 years ago which I loved and replaced with a GHD when my sister took the Muster when she moved out. It was back in 2005 and GHDs were just as good (if not better) than the Muster. When the GHD died about 7 years ago, GHDs were not made the same and I have just been buying cheap ones. I am on the search for the 'holy grail' straightener that achieves results like the original Muster and GHDs. Does anyone have experience using these classic ones and can provide some feedback on what they have found available now that is similar? Thanks in advance! :)
Hi. I haven't been seen any reviews as to how this goes with curling hair. Does anyone have any feedback regarding this?
i have seen hair dresser use it to curl hair.
also the customer service says you can do it.
i have tried curling it myself. need some experience to do so. Especially for the back of the hair if d...
Hi. I'm thinking of purchasing your product for my daughters, ages 11 & 12. The younger one has really curly, ringlet type hair and the older one has dead straight hair. My hairdresser told me that a hair straightener should be able to straighten and curl hair. Is this correct? Thank you.
I have gone from natural curly hair to smooth straight hair and loving it, great product and so handy to have at home saves you money as you can do it at home,
Hey Anita, Yes your hairdresser is absolutely correct :-) You can curl and straighten with the OzHead straightener very easily. Kind regards.
Get an answer from our members
- The OzHead MKIII Hair Straightener has tourmaline ceramic plates that help reduce frizz and make hair sleek and shiny.
- Floating heating plates with gentle springs ensure that the plates have even contact with your hair, so you can easily style it the way you want.
- It has temperature control that lets you adjust the iron's plates between 120°C to 230°C, so you can lower the heat for finer and more damaged hair, and turn it up for coarser locks.
- Safety features like auto shut-off after 72 minutes, overheat protection, and current protection helps prevent accidents, reduce safety hazards, and protect hair.
- The straightener is available in 4 colours: Sleek Black, Cherry Red, Deep Purple, and Lime Green.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers appreciated the rapid heat-up time of this OzHead straightener - some even found that it heated up a styleable temperature in seconds.
- They also found that it was easy to use and style hair with, with some noting that it was simple to achieve a professional finish.
- The straightener also helps reduce (and in some cases, eliminate) frizz, according to reviewers.
- As an added bonus, there were plenty of reviewers who found that OzHead’s customer service team went above and beyond to address and handle the questions, problems, and concerns of customers.
|Features||Auto Shut-off and Universal Voltage|
|Plate Type||Dual Floating|
|Plate Material||Ceramic and Tourmaline-Coated|
|Min Temperature||80 °C|
|Max Temperature||230 °C|
|Cord Length||3 m|
|Manufacturer Warranty||3 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Red, Black, Green|
|Release date||Dec 2006|
Other Hair Straighteners
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.