Ozito 1400W Ecomow Electric Lawn Mower ELM-1400

Ozito 1400W Ecomow Electric Lawn Mower ELM-1400

Good for the price

Good over a small area. Plastic wheel bushings have failed. Not sure where to get help in NZ as Bunnings here doed not carry as large a stock as in OZ. Although the motor and frame is still good, it does not work well at all. Where will I get parts?

Purchased in March 2016 at Bunnings Kerikeri .

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Product is used: Occasionally

The beast on the block

We have used this mower for 4 years now and we have an average sized block about 600 sq M of lawn with some high grass mows this with
ease highly recommend this mower for anyone wanting a good solid mowing experience and zero maintenance compared to a petrol mower
and costs less than 50 cents to mow our lawn each time, very happy with this mower and why do we call it the beast because nothing seems to
be able to stop it it just keeps going and going.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Good Solid machine

It's good electrical but then you have to worry about having wire dangling around. I've accidentally ran over the wire. But that machine is good as anything. Adjustable 6 diff heights which allows you to choose your own height. Machine is very light.

Only downside is the handle after a while it becomes lose!!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Good performer and easy to fix

I replaced the belt of my Ecomower 1400 recently. The motor was spinning but the blade was not indicating that the belt had slipped. The belt had stretched and there was a cut in the belt that showed it needed to be replaced. Since it was out of warranty I decided to replace the belt by myself. There are very good Youtube videos on how to replace a belt in similar types of electric mower that are easy to follow. I ordered the belt through Bunnings and was having difficulty fitting it. I took it to Bunnings and the person at the special orders desk showed me how to adjust the distance between the motor and the blades by loosening 4 screws. Now the mower is good as new and I am happy that it is cheap to maintain with parts readily available and the product support offered from Bunnings.

Date PurchasedJun 2012

Light weight efficient and quiet.

For $ 149.00 I purchased this unit on recommendation from my friend in Brisbane. After several uses I do appreciate the efficiency of this unit. Easy to operate in contrast to a motor powered unit which are fine, but its light and quiet.
After use cleaning is a breeze. To assemble from package it took me 10 minutes and ready to use. A 10 amp heavy duty cord is preferable as recommended by the manufacturer. I can honestly say thank you! There are other similar units a bit more expensive but there isn't need if you have a smaller size garden.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Very handy mower

Bought this unit used, out of warranty but in very good condition. For a small level block it's ideal. Once cut, easy to keep grass under control if you don't let it become too thick. Light and easy to use, only have to empty good capacity catcher twice, now have a new compost pile. Only minor issue is teeth on the handle height adjustment don't mesh too well, need regular tightening.
Went for it because of 1400W has a power margin over 1000W models. Generally happy with Ozito products, which is why I was OK getting a used unit.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Cheap and cheerful does the job

For such a cheap lawn mower, I was originally hesitant but with 3 years warranty and if you average it out only costs you $50/yr it was bargain. I didn't want to have a noisy heavy and smelly petrol lawn mower considering I only have about 100m2 of lawn to cut it does the job. it's not as powerful as the petrol and being tied to power point I would only recommend this for a small yard.

I was surprised how light the machine was I could easily maneuver the machine with one hand and the other holding the cord to keep it out of cutting range. Have been using it for nearly 2 years and been good so far.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

I love it - cheep and lasted 1 yr so far

bough tthis second hand and love it - no good for high grass but works well for smallish yards. ie it works well on this 400 sqm block with 200m2 house on it . keeps lawn shot and looking tidy - super light weight. quiet and fun to use.
the bad
it lowest setting is a bout 1cm higher than I would like
the catcher is a bit tricky to fit - sometimes takes 2-3 seconds to attach as a pposed to 1 second for a typical petrol mower

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Still going strong I am happy with my purchase. Love doing the lawns at 8 am because it is so quiet

Decent for a $150 lawnmower

I was skeptical on the $149 price tag but 3 months in and this mower gives a surprisingly good cut. My lawn is approx. 3x5m and it cuts no problems. The catcher is decent sized although a pain to assemble the first time. Mower itself is lightweight and easy to clean. I took it to my parents' house as I wanted to see how it would fare cutting a 9x5 lawn and it did the job with ease. I'll be interested to see how well it holds up with the regular mowing over summer, but for now this remains a good buy!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

User friendly

The mower cuts well and is easy to handle, however if the grass is a little too long it gets stuck underneath and I need to manually scoop the cuttings out. It is best suited to thin, short grass and not thick, long grass. I find it easy to maneuver and is very light weight.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good mower for the price

After moving into a house with a small front and back yard i needed a basic lawn mower to do the job .Not wanting to spend a fortune , i turned to this mower. It was easy to put together. After first use i was surprised and happy with the outcome. Definitely recommend.

Ok for the price

The mower cuts alright and is easy to maneuver, however it gets stuck and turns off quite easily.

It is simple to operate and maintain.

Best suited to smaller yards as it has a small capacity, it should also be noted that the cable is tiny so a long extension cable is mandatory.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Exceeded expectations

Bought this for my husband who was reluctant to use an electric mower- after giving it a try he loves it!
We have a small yard out back and front and it does the job perfectly. Sometimes the cord is an inconvenience but would prefer that than petrol or battery.
Exceeded our expectations for a cheap little mower!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Not a bad unit for a small area

Now, I wouldn't want to mow a quarter acre block with this unit, but for a small yard, or small amount of grass, this does a more than adequate job. I bought this at Bunnings for less than $200, which is a bargain in anyones language. So much easier and cleaner than a petrol mower. Seriously easy to use.

functional electric lawnmower

Why would you want an electric lawnmower? Many reasons. They're lighter, quieter, less polluting, and there's less to go wrong. This ozito is a good example of a working electric mower, because it has a serious 1400w motor plugged into a power point. Do not buy underpowered battery powered lawnmowers that would be lucky to give you a haircut before running out of juice. This plug in one is the way to go. My only complaint is why limit it to 1400w? It's a power tool, and should use the full 2400w available to it from the power point. Apart from that, it does a good job, plastic catcher is a little cheap but gets the job done. In my opinion having used this mower over the past year, it is suitable for mowing lawns of up to 500m2 in size.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Bad

Mower starts up a few times after purchasing it, but fails to start consistently after that, sent it to bunning's for repair and after that fails to start as well, just problems after problems. and the wheel is plastic as well, so wears out quickly as well. Overall thrash tbh.

Good little mower.

Great cutting results gets the job done an nice a quiet so if you're an early morning person you can mow with out waking everyone up.
Easy to push around as it's nice and light.
Really easy to use and maintain has safety switch to stop it being turned on by mistake would definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Best Purchase !!

We are super happy with our Ozito Electric Lawn Mower. It is fast and easy to use. We have quite a large back yard and the fully charged batteries get through it with ease. It is a sleek design and find it cuts the lawns well without butchering them. Very happy :)

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Easy to start, clippings end up back on lawn instead of catcher

Pros:
Mower is really easy to start
Really easy to use, pushes well

Cons:
Expensive batteries, battery life not great.
Most of the grass clippings do not end up in the catcher. They are spat back out onto the lawn or more annoyingly onto our paved areas. I dont think I have ever emptied the catcher, thats how bad it is.
Our lawn had a lot of tall grass weeds. The mower goes straight over these pushing them down and does not cut them. I have to reverse back over to cut them. Didnt seem to have this problem with our last mower.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Light And Easy To Use

This is great to use. Its built light and extremely easy to maneuver. It will choke with long grass so you need to keep up regular lawn maintenance. It runs for about 15-20 minutes before the battery is down so you need to be quick. I do the front yard one day and the back another time. It is easy as pie to operate and I am happy with it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017