Ozito 550W OZLT550WA

2.7

Skydiver574

Skydiver574Perth, WA

Returned to Bunnings!

I have puurchased a number of Ozito products over the years which have all performed well but this line trimmer is the first product I have had to return as the automatic line feed just did not function properly and I had to constantly manually feed the line through.
Also, the line was frequently breaking regardless how careful I was using it. I also tried different quality lines but with no success.
Certainly do not recommend!

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$49.00.

Product is used Occasionally
Grass Type Short grass
Dani

DaniSouth East Queensland, QLD

Slightly disappointing

The trimmer worked really well. Did great with our overgrown edges, only complaint was the automatic line feeder. Maybe half an hour solid work before having to stop and start every minute to try and feed the line through again. I wasn’t able to finish the yard but what I did manage to do was good quality.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$49.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Timmy

Timmy

Far exceeded expectations

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$50.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used Weekly
Grass Type Thick, heavy grass or weeds

Richard

RichardCanberra

Not bad and great price

Bought this unit to replace my old Bosch ART 25. Didn't expect much for $49, but so far it has been great. Quiet, easy to use, although heavier than ART25. I am using it on Sir Walter grass (medium size lawn) and worked fine even on very wet lawn. I will update my review in one year.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Corky

CorkyBlackwater

Lightweight and easy to use

Although it's easy to use as others have noted the line feed is frustrating as it does not seem to feed well. Perhaps it's that I am using a different line to what was originally in the machine. It does a good job though and being older, it;s more suitable for me than a petrol trimmer.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

This is perfect,

Worth your money, I would highly recommend to ladies who love to look after their garden, light in weight, eazy to work with, just need extra long extension wire bcoz its own wire is only 10 inches approx long, i am going to buy Ozito's 1000wt lawn removal tomorrow, bcoz am very happy with the performance of this edge cutter today

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Model problems

Someone bought the wrong model didn't they? There is a great range of all kinds of garden and workshop products to choose from.
Of course one doesn't have to buy anything from Bunnings.
Good product, the trimmer, for the price but why keep secret the length of line to refill the spool?

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Shaz

Shaz

No good - line constantly breaks and runs out quickly.

Agree with all the criticism about the line feeder; as soon as it hits the grass, the line breaks.
There is no way I am going to fork out any further money on a new line feeder.
Why is Bunnings selling this product!
It is also too short and hurts my lower back from having to bend forward when using it - and I am only 161cm.
Also even with the guard on, it kicks up every little bit of stick and stone it can, into my face!!! Very dangerous, painful and frustrating product!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Lynny G

Lynny GEvatt 2617, ACT

Excellent product

I purchased the Ozito basic electric model with the wheel on it. At first it was frustrating because the pre-wound line and spool I was purchasing would break every 5 minutes. I purchased 1.6 line of different quality and now wind my own. Never breaks and trims beautifully. bought another unit to use at my mums when I do her lawns. We both have kikuyu grass so a line trimmer is a must. As a female finding this product was gold, professional results with no messy two stroke trimmer that is too big and too awkward to start and handle. I love my $50 Ozito trimmer!

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Find out how Ozito 550W OZLT550WA compares to other Electric Whipper Snippers

Okay, but not great - change the line!

When purchased it would not feed properly. On closer inspection, the line supplied with the unit was melting into itself, preventing automatic spooling. Ozito could have done themselves and us a big favour by supplying it with quality line. When I bought good quality star shaped line it worked well.
Have just had the spool cover break and fly off in all directions - nice, sharp pieces of plastic that could have done some serious damage had the trimmer been tilted. This part is, apparently, expected to fail. Am about to order replacement part from Bunnings. I will be very consciously keeping the unit level in future for when the spool cover disintegrates again.

BobSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not bad, does job, cheap

Line feed works when you stop/ start, U gotta get the knack. Put in new line after doing the whole job about 4 times. I reloaded the spool with 1.6mm blue line, thicker wont fit! All these gadgets are fussy, gotta have patience.
The big deal for me, NO pulling a string to start, I gave away the petrol jobbie 'cuz no way could I pull the string, recoil starters are getting smaller, MORE pull required

Automatic Line Feed - USELESS

Used the unit twice Fed the line for 5 minutes when I stopped unit but nothing since no matter what I did. Purchased 3 packaged wound spools by OZITO. Nothing works so a total waste of money. Would not recommend this product to anyone sadly. Can no longer get a replacement spare battery for my old OZITO battery unit - was informed cost of same if available exceeds price of a new complete unit.

OZITO - A total failure in all areas.

Line won't automatically feed.

No matter what I've tried the line will not automatically feed. Have replaced cartridges 3 times and still no joy. It is not robust either and has a lot of flex through the handle when attempting to use in edger mode. Have had no problems with smoking motor however. Having to manually feed the line every minute is a huge problem. All in all a real waste of money .

Spool crumbles

Terrible product.
Spool crumbles after a few uses. There is a tag that says don't bump spool - but it seems bumping into long grass is also a problem!!
And yes, line does not come out evenly or automatically.
Ozito should be ashamed it puts out such a flawed product.

Milinda

Milindamelbourne

The Motor keeps on smoking!

It worked for 10seconds and the motor started smoking. had to stop it and start over and over again. I think the motor is running too fast. Any sort of a solution would be appreciated. Really disappointed. The motor is from dust free. really don't know what's wrong. It could stop working/breakdown or fire up if I keep on working. Waste of money I guess.
Could have write some pros if it worked for more than 10 seconds.

RMWK

RMWKAU

APPALLING What ever you do donnot buy this rubbish

Used this trimmer twice and only for about 20 minutes each time and the whole thing fell apart Pieces flew off and in fact I believe it to be dangerous.When it worked it did trim the Lawn but certainly not in a professional way.took much effort to achieve an even trim.
NOTHING AT ALL
Everything

thenator

thenatorAU

Horrible unit! DO NOT buy if you want to trim edges effortlessly

If you like to really sweat it up and put in the hards yards whilst trimming your lawn edges, then the Ozito Line Trimmer is for you!

Honestly, don't bother wasting your money.
Your better off with a $99 petrol jobbie.

This unit is probably ok with a very small yard (very small) or very thin lawn edges. I need to go over my edges like 4-5 times before im happy with them. Needless to say, i much prefer my Stihl unit.

It was given as a gift so can't complain too much, but don't bother using your own cash.
Cheap
Useless, not enough power, line just keeps snapping (way too thin), way too short

Fantastic value

az_09

az_09AU

I have and have used all sorts of brushcutters and line trimmers. The Ozito 550w trimmer is one of the very few electric line trimmers that actually work. I have had mine for 2 years now and no problems. No bump feed or tangled lines, converts to an edger in seconds and is a breeze to use. Every now and then the line wont feed, it's an easy fix with pushing the button on the cutting head and pulling the line then away you go. I'd recommend this unit to anyone for hassle free trimming !
It Works, Does what it's supposed to do. A joy to use !
Apart from extention cord, nothing !

Over engineered unit that does everything correctly except trim grass