Ozito OZHT460A

Ozito OZHT460A

4.0 from 1 review

See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

it may be a cheap and nasty product, but mine is still working after three years of abuse

I purchased my Ozito Hedge Trimmer from Bunnings over three years ago. At the time it was the cheapest electric hedge trimmer I could find. I used it a lot over the past three years. Mainly for trimming the bougainvilliers I have on my property. I really abused my Ozito trimmer by overloading it with branches that were too big for it. The circuit breaker on my extension cord would trip out when I got carried away on the oversized branches. I think my extension cords built in circuit breaker has help with the longevity of this product.

One thing I don't like about my Ozito is the safety blade brake handle. Although these hedge trimmers are meant to be used with two hands at ground level I use mine on a ladder for the majority of my trimmings. When I'm standing on a ladder I prefer to operate the trimmer with one hand whilst the other hand is holding firmly on to the ladder. I overcome this problem by tying the brake handle shut with a cable tie.

The blades on this machine rattle and are incredibly noisy when in use. The blades are made of light steel and bend if you abuse it like I do but are easily bent back in place.

I wasn't expecting much for the price I paid and for the punishment I have put this trimmer through I'm pleasantly surprised it still works.

Purchased in June 2013 at Bunnings Warehouse.