Ozito PED-3000

See the Best Petrol Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Wish I hadn't bought

Does not adjust low enough especially once blade starts to wear.
I wore 1/3 of the blade out in its first use, skimming lightly against the kerb. My family have owned other edgers and using them the same way I do not recall having this problem.
The unit is so light that the leverage of the tall handle versus the short wheelbase tends to tip it over the front if it encounters any obstacles like a thick patch of lawn in front of the wheel.
Just finished third use and now need a new blade. I think I will get one made at the local engineers to see if this is an Ozito quality problem.

Purchased in May 2018.

Noise Level
Product is used: Occasionally
Grass Type Thick, heavy grass or weeds

Poor quality components

I am now on my 3rd Ozito Petrol Edger due to it's poor quality front blade pulley. My first 2 Ozito Petrol Edgers were replaced under warranty. (last replacement November 2018)There is only a 1 year warranty with this product and I think the reason for this is that it has an inherent problem with the inferior front blade pulley and will only last 12 to 18 months, I am sure that the manufacturer would be aware of the this inherent fault.
The problem I experienced with the Ozitp Petrol Edger was a very loud rattling noise notable at idle. When I investigated the rattling noise, I found that the front blade pulley becomes loose on the drive shaft. The only way to rectify the problem is to replace the pulley every 1- 2 years. unless you are lucky enough to find the problem while the product is still under warranty, lucky me.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Do not buy this rubbish

Be warned this is a load of rubbish,I am surprised that Bunnings would put something like this in their stores.It will edge if you have straight line and not much grass to edge.To put it bluntly it doesn't cut nor go deeper enough ,is difficult to move and overall is substandard .I will take mine back and dump it at their desk.Can't say anymore than that,it will get one star but should be zero

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Works but has a flaw

I thought this would be easier to use that a line trimmer for edging lawn. It is, but it's not particularly effective. It cuts a line along the edge but if there's any lawn on the non-lawn side of the cut it stays there and continues to grow and spread. It doesn't cut deep enough to sever runners. Result: if this is your only edger you'll have to remove a lot of lawn by hand. It's only for straight edge lawns. It doesn't go around corners and shaped lawns. Well, it will but not easily or neatly.

It's easy to start. Another downside it uses an odd two-stroke mixture: 40:1. I have 50:1 for the line trimmer and blower but now I have to make up an odd batch for the Ozito.

Bottom line: I rarely use the Ozito. I've continued to use my line trimmer. The line trimmer blasts deep into the edge cut and can easily remove stray runners and edge overgrowth. Harder on my back but highly effective.

My recommendation: give it a miss.

Date PurchasedAug 2017