Ozito 850W Router ROU-5000

Ozito 850W Router ROU-5000

Unit flexes, won't cut straight. Was rusted in the box

On opening the box and assembling, I found the unit would not plunge as was stuck in place. After lubricating I got it to the point where it was somewhat usable. After the first 4 cuts, the unit started to flex badly resulting in ever deepening cuts in one direction and shallower cuts in the other. Put it in the bin and bought a Ryobi at nearly triple the price. No hassles.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $69.00.

useless not worth the trouble

purchased to level timber rounds for stools. First one 13/06/18 lasted about 2 hours then died, replaced 19/06/18
used it to finish original job. Cut some new rounds yesterday and managed to level off one. Half way through the second it died again, finished off that round and another 5 using my smaller Ryobi trim router without issue.
Will be asking for my money back later today.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Solid tool!

Purchased to put some edging on a chopping board and a few candle holders id made, this tool has been quite good even with my cheap 1/4 inch Roman ogee bit, im normally a makita or dewalt man but i grabbed this tool as i didn't think id use it much but ive found many uses since

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Get what you pay for.

The first router I purchased stopped working after 10 minutes rounding edges on treated pine sleepers. The full replacement warranty is the best thing about Ozito (and boy don't they need it). The second router has been fine. I've used it on hard and soft woods. It's not the smoothest piece of gear but it does the trick for relatively light usage. If I was more serious I'd spend the money for better equipment, but for $69, you can't expect miracles.

Date PurchasedMay 2015